When did you quit Morrissey?

The next release had a track called Isreal. Having accepted the keys of Tel-Aviv and the his promotional interviews promoting hatred of African migrants I looked at the past and realised we had been conned for many years.
During the promotion not Low In Highschool I went from having a lifelong love of Morrissey to being complete disgusted.

I read he is doing a date in the UK and curiosity drew me here. I won't ever see him in concert again. Nor will I ever forgive him for the years of denying being racist.

Morrissey is my past. I am ashamed of giving that man such attention not knowing he is base, vile and a moron.

The World Peace tour saw me in my 32nd year of being a Smiths/Moz tour (UK/Europe) regular. It was then that I began to strain. I found myself a few feet from Morrissey listening and watching him sing songs with political messages that I profoundly disagreed with. When you thoughts are “shut up Morrissey” you know it’s time to make an exit.

I continued the tour in and until the final date. Then not long after that he started to make statements that settled the matter. He is sympathetic towards fascists.

At my penultimate gig (Ally Pally) I walked away from the front, got myself a pint and stood watching everything. I remember wanting the night to wrap up. Thankfully the Palladium gig the following evening was a far better night to make my exit feeling better.

I’ve never called him a racist, though he has aligned himself politically with those deserving of that title. His message to swathes of fans he once claimed to “love” on suffering the consequences of his politics was “don’t let the door hit you on the way out” or words to that effect. That sentence removed any doubt I had about my decision to move on. He’s a narcissistic with a liking of a bit of fascism. Perhaps I always knew?

The next release had a track called Isreal. Having accepted the keys of Tel-Aviv and the his promotional interviews promoting hatred of African migrants I looked at the past and realised we had been conned for many years.
During the promotion not Low In Highschool I went from having a lifelong love of Morrissey to being complete disgusted.

I read he is doing a date in the UK and curiosity drew me here. I won't ever see him in concert again. Nor will I ever forgive him for the years of denying being racist.

Morrissey is my past. I am ashamed of giving that man such attention not knowing he is base, vile and a moron.

Yep ok skinny...I see you're doing a mini-tour of your own on this forum, dropping your shit across multiple threads, however old they might be, just to get your 2-penneth to the top of every pile.
Dedication, or desperation?

I would say it became difficult when his boundless narcissism and his strange self-image became extremely visible through truetoyou and central. At some point one did not know any more, is this still the nephew's pastime or already an opinion that can be attributed to Morrissey.

In another time Morrissey only took place via record releases, videos, relatively few concerts and extremely entertaining interviews. That was much more charming. And to be honest, his songs were more catchy and better.

I think many people today are shocked when they read his epic tirades, his crude justifications and brainwashing rhetoric.

If one of the four upcoming concerts would have been sold out, it would surely have been illuminated strikingly on central. Since this hasn't happened yet, he should ask himself what this is all about? The press, the opponents, the ex-fans? Sure.

I quit, in not visiting Cologne. It took me a long time.

You meet the definition of an anti-semite, if you can't even cope with a song about Israel or someone appearing in Tel Aviv. So, you're not a great person yourself.

They should be encouraged to move on with their lives instead. Goodbye ex- lovers.

Wholeheartedly agree. I mean, those poor sods who can't move on from idolising a bigot, you've got to feel for them. Too dug-in to move on, too stubborn to admit they could change their mind. Must be awful for them.

Wholeheartedly agree. I mean, those poor sods who can't move on from idolising a bigot, you've got to feel for them. Too dug-in to move on, too stubborn to admit they could change their mind. Must be awful for them.
What about these poor sods who dislike Morrissey and his music so much they can't stop visiting this website on a daily basis :lbf: And the YOU talk about 'moving on'. You never will, you never can.

There is still his early solo career, that's so deeply rooted in me. It's me in the late 80s and through the 90s. I can't let go that part completely but somehow it's getting more and more difficult to listen to the old stuff without feeling bitter & twisted. Never thought this could happen.

Last edited:
If you are constantly checking out Morrissey Solo, you haven't quit Morrissey.

Back
Top Bottom