When did you quit Morrissey?

Why should I supply facts for The Morrissey Mental Gymantics Team to frantically deny? You know the facts, you just can’t live with them.

I can easily live with facts. I even can live with people messing around here and pushing the like or dislike button by stating their two dimensional world views - from the left or from the right political spectrum.
But life has more than just two dimensions and that has nothing to do with mental gymnastics.

That’s a very good point, I never asked about live shows. I should have. Embarrassingly, I saw him at Alexandra Palace last year but, in my defence, my friend and I got free tickets and we really only went for a laugh. We’d definitely given up on him by then. It was an absolutely awful gig. He did a couple of decent songs (badly) but then he also did 9 absolutely terrible songs in a row. Don’t get me wrong, I still want him to redeem himself but, really, I’m glad I’m out.

What irks me about Morrissey these days isn’t just his weirdly naive political statements, it’s his increasingly clumsy attempts to play the bully. It only makes him look more pathetic. It doesn’t suit him.

I haven’t “quit” him so much as I mourn him. I seldom listen to him these days, but he has become the Hindenburg of Indie: spectacularly flaming out. It is nearly impossible to look away.

Aye mate; so did Hitler and Pol Pot.

And I do not care about invoking Goddard's law.

You understand how free speech works? Morrissey is free to say and do whatever he likes, and everyone else is free to call him out in it. Do you understand that? In your world is it only fair to say nice things about the man? Is it?

Everyone Is up for criticism me,you everyone no one is beyond reproach but your statement that Morrissey is"free to do whatever he likes" is complete bollocks,no one can "do " what they like there are laws,conventions even religious issues concerning certain actions which entail punishment.

Everyone Is up for criticism me,you everyone no one is beyond reproach but your statement that Morrissey is"free to do whatever he likes" is complete bollocks,no one can "do " what they like there are laws,conventions even religious issues concerning certain actions which entail punishment.

I meant in terms of saying whatever he chooses to say. Jeez. I thought it was obvious.
Whatever he says, anyone else is free to criticize him for it.

Actually, you know what...forget it. Bye.

Your whole mindset is this viewpoint. How can you argue otherwise?

You bully others to answers questions but rarely ever answer any yourself. You can't answer this one, you know it. No-one made the claim and so you attempt diversion. Typical and cowardly.

Let’s try again ………..

Show me one quote, just one,
where someone in this forum has said that
indigenous peoples of a country
have no rights in that country?

It's funny that the left often talk about the abuses done to Native Indians or the Aborigines or The Maoris.....but when it comes to white populations, somehow their interests become null and void. I don't get it.

No I think that the way Christianity has taken over Europe is terrible.

People should check out his last few interviews on youtube............I'm not saying he's away with the faeries.........but he's not far off. Sounds like a black David Icke. :crazy:
Stop. You're talking about one of Morrissey's best friends, along with James Baldwin, the one he tried to use for a t-shirt. There were also those two black kids that someone photoshopped into supporting Morrissey.
Morrissey is very inclusive. To be his black friend you must exist in a photograph or in the past.

That’s a very good point, I never asked about live shows. I should have. Embarrassingly, I saw him at Alexandra Palace last year but, in my defence, my friend and I got free tickets and we really only went for a laugh. We’d definitely given up on him by then. It was an absolutely awful gig. He did a couple of decent songs (badly) but then he also did 9 absolutely terrible songs in a row. Don’t get me wrong, I still want him to redeem himself but, really, I’m glad I’m out.
But are you really out, though, when you incessantly lurk around here for days on end? You haven't 'quit' Morrissey. Not even close. I'm looking forward to you explaining why you keep hanging around here, thinking, discussing Morrissey, when, in your own world you have quit him.

I quit Morrissey ages ago and something like 2003 when he toured Sweden. Since then I've not even heard all his songs released since and probably never will. To me he was always a brilliant political philosopher and that part of him was always more important than the music.

He's also the greatest misunderstood comedian ever and his outlook on life is hilarious and so true. I am his only soulmate but he never had the chance to marry me.

I couldn't find my copy of Early Burglary Years and the other day I bought "Michael's Bones" on Amazon which, with their labor issues, makes it worse.
I don't listen to his recent records because I found it a chore to try to get through them but I already went through a stage of not listening to him and started again. I won't go see him live because I'm afraid half the set would be from the last few records and I am not interested in paying $100 to see that. But I do "separate the art from the artist," and whether I listen to him or not it's not going to oppress anyone except maybe those in hearing range.

I stopped at Years of Refusal because it was bad chug rock and the songs were anemic despite their volume.
WP and LIHS along with his cancellations and increasingly unreconcilable (to my world view) opinions took the last of my respect.
Now I enjoy him like a deranged ex with their facebook set to public. It was a good lay, good lay, and now I can't give a f***.

Is that supposed to prove that Morrissey is racist?

I've read it and I'm left wondering why they didn't include this quote of Morrissey's regarding The National Front Disco:

"The reason why 'The National Front Disco' was pounced upon was really because - if I may say so - it was actually a very good song. And if the song had been utter crap, no one would have cared. I was stopped by many many journalists who obviously raised the topic in an accusatory way, and I would say to them, Please, now, list the lines in the song which you feel are racist and dangerous and hateful. And they couldn't. Nobody ever ever could, and that irked me. Even though, simply in the voice on all of those songs, on 'Asian Rut' or 'Bengali in Platforms' or 'The National Front Disco', one can plainly hear that here is no hate at all."[1]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_National_Front_Disco

I quit Morrissey ages ago and something like 2003 when he toured Sweden. Since then I've not even heard all his songs released since and probably never will. To me he was always a brilliant political philosopher and that part of him was always more important than the music.

He's also the greatest misunderstood comedian ever and his outlook on life is hilarious and so true. I am his only soulmate but he never had the chance to marry me.

That immigrant is MY wife.

Is that supposed to prove that Morrissey is racist?

I've read it and I'm left wondering why they didn't include this quote of Morrissey's regarding The National Front Disco:

"The reason why 'The National Front Disco' was pounced upon was really because - if I may say so - it was actually a very good song. And if the song had been utter crap, no one would have cared. I was stopped by many many journalists who obviously raised the topic in an accusatory way, and I would say to them, Please, now, list the lines in the song which you feel are racist and dangerous and hateful. And they couldn't. Nobody ever ever could, and that irked me. Even though, simply in the voice on all of those songs, on 'Asian Rut' or 'Bengali in Platforms' or 'The National Front Disco', one can plainly hear that here is no hate at all."[1]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_National_Front_Disco

You have to understand that you asked for "evidence," not proof. You are also providing (somewhat weaker) evidence, but not proof.
Do you think that anyone is racist?
Can you imagine thinking that someone is racist when they themselves would not see it that way?

Beyond that, there is a list of things he has said in that article and you chose one. I'm not here to convince you of anything. But you asked for evidence and there it is.

A racist person wouldn't have done any of this:

"This recording is dedicated to Dick Gregory (1932-2017)" - Morrissey - Low in High School

R-11154946-1512229159-5060.jpeg.jpg

Morrissey & Dick Gregory

Morrissey-shares-touching-eulogy-for-the-late-Dick-Gregory.jpg

Morrissey shares touching eulogy for the late Dick Gregory

Morrissey has paid tribute to comedian and civil rights activist Dick Gregory after died on Saturday (19th), aged 84.

Gregory, who was a pioneering and leading force of comedy in the 1960s, died of heart failure: “It is with enormous sadness that the Gregory family confirms that their father, comedic legend and civil rights activist Mr. Dick Gregory, departed this earth tonight in Washington, D.C.,” his son Christian Gregory said via a statement. “The family appreciates the outpouring of support and love and respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.”

Following the news, former Smiths frontman Morrissey has shared his own eulogy to the late comedian:

“Dick Gregory, America’s last hope, dies, aged 84.
He knew how all aspects of the human condition connect to politics.
He was a man of thought and a man of action, when most of us cannot manage to be just one of either. He worked breathlessly – work, words, deeds. He demanded for all what was snatched by the few. He disturbed the White House, and he was too quick for the American print media. They will be pleased that he now ceases to be amongst us … as we are left with earth-threatening Trump, who will race into war in search of peace.”

Morrissey
20 August 2017
Switzerland
https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/morrissey-shares-touching-eulogy-for-the-late-dick-gregory/

I'd never seen this. Lovely.

Back
Top Bottom