I'm Not A Man
The Bullfighter Dies
Kiss Me A Lot
Drag The River
One Of Our Own
Art-Hounds
Mountjoy
Oboe Concerto

I'm not quite there yet. I'd like to reduce it to 12 tracks but I can't decide which one to kick out. The title track is the weakest one out of these for me, but it's the title track, so it has to stay 🤷🏻‍♀️
I eould cut out The bullfighter dies, one of the few Morrissey songs I really hate.

I eould cut out The bullfighter dies, one of the few Morrissey songs I really hate.

I like it and it's also one of the few upbeat tracks on the record plus it's short, so helps to keep the pace up (and lift the mood a little). The pacing is my biggest issue, really.

My last attempt was:

World Peace Is None Of Your Business
Istanbul
Smiler With Knife
Staircase At The University
Forgive Someone
I'm Not A Man
The Bullfighter Dies
Kiss Me A Lot
Drag The River
One Of Our Own
Art-Hounds
Mountjoy
Oboe Concerto

I'm not quite there yet. I'd like to reduce it to 12 tracks but I can't decide which one to kick out. The title track is the weakest one out of these for me, but it's the title track, so it has to stay 🤷🏻‍♀️
My attempt:
World Peace...
Istanbul
One Of Our Own
Neal Cassady...
Earth...
Kiss Me A Lot
Drag The River
Bullfighter...
Smiler With Knife
Mountjoy
Oboe Concerto
I'm Not A Man

Total Runtime:
52:07

My attempt:
World Peace...
Istanbul
One Of Our Own
Neal Cassady...
Earth...
Kiss Me A Lot
Drag The River
Bullfighter...
Smiler With Knife
Mountjoy
Oboe Concerto
I'm Not A Man

Total Runtime:
52:07

No Art-Hounds! And no Oboe Concerto!

Interesting, but also shocking 😉

“Oboe Concerto” is there...
But no “Art Hounds” because I wanted to keep it to under an hour and didn’t really know where to place it.

Sorry 🙈

Yes, I am blind... etc.
Mine's 59:39.

My last attempt was:

World Peace Is None Of Your Business
Istanbul
Smiler With Knife
Staircase At The University
Forgive Someone
I'm Not A Man
The Bullfighter Dies
Kiss Me A Lot
Drag The River
One Of Our Own
Art-Hounds
Mountjoy
Oboe Concerto

Not necessarily! Remember Kill Uncle. :)

WPINOYB is, as I’ve mentioned 6673 times, one of my least favorite albums, therefore a re-sequencing could be interesting. Here’s my attempt:

1. I’m not a man
2. Istanbul
3. One of Our Own
4. Drag the River
5. Bullfighter
6. Scandinavia
7. Smiler
8. Forgive
9. Mountjoy
10. Julie
11. Oboe

Didn’t know what the hell to do with Art-Hounds. It’s a great song, but it doesn’t fit in. Anyway, this is now a fantastic album. This I would have cherished with my heart and my soul.
And if I may choose a different title for the album, I’d go with ‘I’m Not a Man’.

It's a good tracklist.

I never liked Scandinavia, although it's been growing a tiny bit on me recently.
I enjoyed it immensely when it was played live in 2011. The studio version is inferior, but I still like it.

Vauxhall
Viva Hate
Your Arsenal
Years of Refusal
You Are the Quarry

There isn't an album I dislike they hall have their place in time for me, but there are my top favorites. Top 3 definitely that order.

It's always going to be "Viva Hate" for me. A couple others have become my favorite from time to time but he will never top that. It seems autobiographical and the songs seem connected so that they add context and make a very strong total package. Also it's got some of my favorite songs.

I reckon my favourite alwauys goiung tou bue California Son becausue iut wus a seulf tiutled alblmum aund a trueu laubour ouf louve four hium inn nnn n n nnn nn nnnn it m8.

Fark Arse

Bona drag
I am not a dog on a chain
World peace
Swords
Your Arsenal
If I were to be allowed to listen to only five, it might well be these five. I've long been puzzled that Vauxhall and I is seen by so many as the pinnacle of Mozzer's output.

The Queen is Dead.
couldn't agree with you more radis. i also consider smiths albums to really be morrissey albums. it's evident now that morrissey could have made them without the others.

Back
Top Bottom