Whats your favourite morrissey album ?

Bigboosleaf

whats your favourite morrissey album and why?
I think the best album was " kill uncle"

Attachments

• Morrissey-90-1-648x650.jpg
    Morrissey-90-1-648x650.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 660x400-191012061437_morrissey-640x387.jpg
    660x400-191012061437_morrissey-640x387.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 0
Top 3:
1. Vauxhall
2. Maladjusted
3. You are the Quarry

Also, love the random blurry pictures.

Top 5:
1. You Are The Quarry
2. Viva Hate
3. Your Arsenal
4. Vauxhall And I
5. Kill Uncle

All of them except Ringleader.

Some records are bigger than others though...

Your Arsenal
Viva Hate
Vauxhall

Do you prefer LIHS to ROTT? Say it ain’t so!

Well, I certainly listen to it more often. LIHS and I have a complicated relationship.

Realistically, neither Ringleader nor LIHS or California Son are anywhere near my favourite Morrissey records.

Well, I certainly listen to it more often. LIHS and I have a complicated relationship.

Realistically, neither Ringleader nor LIHS or California Son are anywhere near my favourite Morrissey records.
What about World Peace? Another one you'll find at the bottom of my barrel - despite great songs like Smiler and I'm not a man.

What about World Peace? Another one you'll find at the bottom of my barrel - despite great songs like Smiler and I'm not a man.
Nah, World Peace I love. There are a couple of not so great songs on it and the sequencing is terrible but it really grew on me. I've already said it in another thread recently - I like that it's so challenging.

Nah, World Peace I love. There are a couple of not so great songs on it and the sequencing is terrible but it really grew on me. I've already said it in another thread recently - I like that it's so challenging.
Funnily enough, it was the other way around for me. I really liked it at first, then gradually the love waned.

Bona drag
I am not a dog on a chain
World peace
Swords
Your Arsenal

Top 5:
1. Your Arsenal
2. Southpaw Grammar
3. I Am Not a Dog on a Chain
4. Years of Refusal
5. Vauxhall and I

Love Bona Drag too, (definitely a 10/10), but it's technically a compilation, so...

I like most of his work, though: latter day stuff is really underrated IMHO.

Last edited:
world peace for me,i played that on heavy rotation for a long time,istanbul,staircase,smiler,not a man,and thats before we even get to the extra tracks.we also had the spoken word tracks and a bit of pammy anderson,was a good time to be an M fan.

Love Bona Drag too, (definitely a 10/10), but it's technically a compilation, so...

I like most of his work, though: latter day stuff is really underrated IMHO.

Mildly interesting, but I was flipping through Peepholism yesterday and realised I'd forgotten that his original design for Bona Drag actually included the word 'compilation' on the cover.

BonaDragOriginalDesign.jpg

Low in High school is my favourite, the strongest start to any of his solo albums, does tail off a little but still remains my favourite. His voice never sounded better IMO.

All of them, except Kill Uncle, half of Maladjusted and half of Low in high school. California son is not a Morrissey album, because if it is, what about Bona Drag?

All of them, except Kill Uncle, half of Maladjusted and half of Low in high school. California son is not a Morrissey album, because if it is, what about Bona Drag?

The difference is that the songs on California Son are all from the same sessions. Therefore it does count as a (cover) album in my opinion.

I'm just curious: how would you sequence it?

My last attempt was:

World Peace Is None Of Your Business
Istanbul
Smiler With Knife
Staircase At The University
Forgive Someone
I'm Not A Man
The Bullfighter Dies
Kiss Me A Lot
Drag The River
One Of Our Own
Art-Hounds
Mountjoy
Oboe Concerto

I'm not quite there yet. I'd like to reduce it to 12 tracks but I can't decide which one to kick out. The title track is the weakest one out of these for me, but it's the title track, so it has to stay 🤷🏻‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom