What's Everyone Reading At The Moment?

Finishing: The Journal of Jules Renard (ed. & trans. by Louise Bogan and Elizabeth Roget)

Beginning: Men Among the Ruins: Post-War Reflections of a Radical Traditionalist by Julius Evola

Relishing: Maria Callas: A Musical Biography by Robert Levine

callas1ua6.jpg

The Argos catalogue (special Christmas edition!) the Early Learning Centre catalogue (again the Christmas suppliment!) and the terms and conditions leaflet that came with my overdraft!!!...HO HO f***ING HO!:mad:

i read "by grand central i sat down and wept" on a regular
basis to see if i can make any more sense of it ... some parts
of that f**king impenetrable!

:D :D

Sorry, Alma, but that was v funny!!!!

I spent almost the whole of today in the local TOYS R US superstore....hence the rant!....me and Mr Reallymatters have renamed it HELL IS US.....you know they actually have the audacity to allow f***ING kids in there!.....BASTARDS!:mad:

Rant over!!!!!:)

I spent almost the whole of today in the local TOYS R US superstore....hence the rant!....me and Mr Reallymatters have renamed it HELL IS US.....you know they actually have the audacity to allow f***ING kids in there!.....BASTARDS!:mad:

Rant over!!!!!:)

lmao :D

I like you Mrs. Reallymatters :D

The Human Stain - Philip Roth

Roth is a good author, plenty of anger in this novel, but he goes of on to many tangents at times. One feels he'd be better suited to writing an essay at particular moments in the novel.

Lucky Jim - Kingsley Amis

Pretty funny :)

Virginia Woolf - The Years

The Human Stain - Philip Roth

Roth is a good author, plenty of anger in this novel, but he goes of on to many tangents at times. One feels he'd be better suited to writing an essay at particular moments in the novel.
Compared to the book, is the film any good?
Virginia Woolf - The Years
You're only reading it because she's a wolve too, admit it! ;)

chica said:
You're only reading it because she's a wolve too, admit it! ;)

No, I'm reading it because she was a lesbian feminist.

^^ But that's what I said! :confused:

:D

On this note - a joke:

Three Liverpool supporters were in a pub and spotted a United fan at the bar. The first one said he was going to piss him off. He walked over to the United fan and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Hey Manc, I hear your David Beckham is a poof".
"Really? I didn't know that".
Puzzled, the Scouser walked back to his buddies.
"I told him Beckham was a poof and he didn't care"!
"You just don't know how to set him off, watch and learn".
The second Scouser walked over and tapped the United fan on the shoulder.
"Hey Manc, I hear your David Beckham is a transvestite poof"!
"Oh, Christ I wasn't aware of that, thanks".
Shocked beyond belief, the Scouser went back to his buddies.
"You're right. He is unshakeable!"
The third Scouser said "No, no, no, I will really piss him off, you just watch".
The Scouser walked over to the United fan, tapped him on the shoulder and said.........

"Hey Manc I hear your David Beckham is a Liverpool supporter!"
"Apparently so. Just as your mates said earlier"

You're welcome wolvey.
Re: the joke: I resent that! :D (though I actually like poofs. And David Beckham.
Oh God... someone stop me from posting this... anyone? :D

OK then...

"Beckham, Giggs & Cole were training on a Wednesday afternoon when Cole says, 'why don’t we skive off? The boss leaves at noon on Wednesdays & never calls or rings or nowt, he’d never know!'

They all skived off & Cole went to the pictures, Giggs went to the zoo (like the good welsh lad he is) & Beckham thought he would surprise his missus. He arrived home to find A.F wedged firmly up posh spice.

Next Wednesday afternoon, Cole suggested they skive off again, Giggs agreed but Beckham said “No way, I nearly got caught last week” "

Tags
books wit no pitchers but not much more just fuck off literary ponces long live books more to life than books nerds n squares obscurer and obscurer shakespeare is smart
Back
Top Bottom