What's Everyone Reading At The Moment?

You never stop seducing me, do you! :mad:
:p

Alex Ferguson, honey.

Do you know who Alex Ferguson is?

Oooops... here comes another one!

"Q: What's the difference between Alex Ferguson and God?
A: God doesn't think he's Alex Ferguson."

Feeling well enough, though still very tired (could someone FedEx me some Benadryl, please?), so we're back to my boring life in books.

I finished the remaining sections of Cocteau's The Difficulty of Being this morning, half-awake, through watery light and insomnia. That leaves Pretexts: Reflections on Literature and Morality by Andre Gide and the second half of M. Scott Peck's, disappointing, People of the Lie, at least until the books I ordered recently arrive from amazon. I'm thinking tonight would be well spent, enflanneled and with a cup of chamomile, leafing through The Intertidal Wilderness: A Photographic Journey through Rocky-Shore Tidepools (sample photos) and having impure tropical thoughts of being suctioned to a raw blaze of coral bed, alongside Clippers, beneath a lurid rose slush of Floridian sun.

Books ordered from Amazon:

The Voronezh Notebooks: Poems 1935-1937 by Osip Mandelshtam

The Mother of the Saviour: And Our Interior Life by Fr. Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange

The Culture of Critique: An Evolutionary Analysis of Jewish Involvement in Twentieth-Century Intellectual and Political Movements by Kevin MacDonald

Poems and Prose by Gerard Manley Hopkins

The Meaning of Language
by Robert M. Martin

motherrp4.jpg

P.S. Clippers, dear, according to an e-mail received earlier, yours shipped out this morning. ;)

I've finished '100 years of solitude' and have now started in 'wuthering heights' :o (I need to get passion somewhere!)

I love 'Wuthering Heights', one of my fave books ever!
I have just finished a Nick Hornby book called 'Long Way Down'. It was very good, because some of his books are rubbish (how To Be Good was really bad)but I enjoyed it a lot.

I'm reading White Teeth. I really like the writing style, very witty, but the plot is a little dull, so I'm not sure whether I'll keep reading it or not.

We have to read a book at school.. I wasnt very happy about it and chose randomly one of three books. And it was fantastic :eek: I mean. He loved The Smiths (and lots of other fantastic bands), was a leftie, and just.. charming. If you can say about a book that it's charming- this is:)

Anything by Wilde, of course.QUOTE]

Of course!

Have, again, picked up Rogan's latest, but it just doesn't leave you (unlike the Goddard book) wanting to read or know more - probably because we know it already. I read a chapter (covering 1 album), put the book down somewhere and never think about it again until I stumble across it a month later.

Just got the Billy Bragg Progressive Patriot book, and that looks promising, and then the Dawkins God Delusion is in my sights.

Interesting to see what others are reading (although I know similar threads have been posted b4 - good for an update). Thanks

1) I'm currently looking over 3 map books for MCR & LPL. They are from the A to Z company.

2) The complete and unabridged works of Nathaniel Hawthorne (made by Barnes & Noble)

3) The complete and unabridged works of Edgar Allen Poe (also by B&N)

I am reading 'A Season In Hell' by Arthur Rimbaud, and I am just starting a biography about R.S.Thomas, the poet.

^You can read?! And immediately choose Russian revolutionaries? :p

Yes I know it's hard to believe but I can infact just about manage to read. :D

I'm reading this book, because I am studying about the Russian Revolution at school. :p

Tags
books wit no pitchers but not much more just fuck off literary ponces long live books more to life than books nerds n squares obscurer and obscurer shakespeare is smart
Back
Top Bottom