What's all the fuss about some soccer tournament?

They call it the World Cup.

But America is the world and we don't care too much about it.

The Cup you can win is actually pretty ugly.

Looks like some piece of shit thing I made in 6th grade art class. Also looks like the planet earth in the clutches of some evil claw from Hell.

But...I did tune in to the big games today.

It seemed there was a swarm of killer bees at the stadium. Oh wait, that was just a bunch of goofy soccer fans who can't stop blowing their goofy plastic horns to the annoyance of everyone watching (and scratching our heads) in the USA.

Mike & Mike In The Morning agree...

(BTW, Mike Golic (the big Mike) is a Cleveland homeboy. Brother of Cleveland Browns great, Bob Golic. Shout outs and props. That other Mike is a filthy Yankees fan, so f*** him.)

The World Cup. Yes, today was two games with 90 solid minutes of those f***ing horns and not much else.

Game 1 was a 1-1 tie.

Game 2 was a 0-0 tie.

So massively exciting.

I don't really understand all the rules of the game, but the anouncers were suggesting in the first half of the South Africa vs Mexico game that Mexico had a goal and were apparently robbed by the ref. But no one really got to the bottom of it, so I have no idea if Mexico was really robbed or not. They don't even know how to hype the controversy to spice things up. It was just kicking a ball around, and every 10 minutes or so someone almost had a goal but didn't have the skillz to pay the billz. ESPN's anouncers did call out one dude who had the ball right in front of him in front of the goal and if he had just thrown his whole body at it he'd have had a goal. But he was a pussy and didn't. Yawn.

But I'm trying to understand soccer. USA is playing England tomorrow. Now, if America loses, hey, it's no skin off our backs, cuz we don't really follow soccer. But if England should lose, that will be f***ing funny! And it'll serve 'em right for British Petroleum destroying our Gulf of Mexico. f***ERS!

Congressman Anthony Weiner says not to trust people with British accents, and he's a Democrat so his bigotry is apparently okay. He even claims to be speaking for the Barry Obama regime, so there ya go.

(BTW shout outs to Mika Brzezinski, who's both classy and sexy looking at the same time.)

Should America go down in flames in the World Cup, I'll be rooting for Denmark cuz Scandinavians rock.

Anyway, go USA. But whatever happens, we already whored England once and for all a long time ago. :thumb:

What the f*** are you talking about man?

Theo,it seems you're making more fuss about it than anyone else.

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u12YRpJeCQo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u12YRpJeCQo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Because America is not the world...

But we elected a black prez since then, and Morrissey said that would help him believe. Meanwhile, England still has a queen. :crazy: And did you see those princes sitting there at the England-Algeria soccer game today? Way to be in the 21st Century, England! :thumb:

Maybe Morrissey's still waiting till we elect a female? Will Sarah Palin convince him?

I think we've already had a gay prez, if the rumors are true about Abe Lincoln.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not all players in MLB are American. Arod,Posada, and Mariano weren't born in America and David Ortiz buys his milkshakes in the Dominican Republic.
The World Series trophy is the most beautiful thing in the world when it has New York Yankees 2010 on it.

Devils, I will never get over seeing C.C. Sabathia in a Yankee uniform winning a World Series. There definitely needs to be some kind of a salary cap in baseball. Sorry.

But you're correct in reply to Skinny. Baseball is an international sport. My two fave players on my team are Shin Soo Choo (Korean) and Carlos Santana (Dominican). Major League Baseball is where the best players in the world go to play, unless they happen to be stuck in Fidel Castro's dictatorship.

Theo,it seems you're making more fuss about it than anyone else.

A fuss is posting one message and one lil YouTube vid? I mean before tonight. But I did decide to watch some games in this World Cup. As the title of the thread says, I'm curious what all the fuss is about. Whatever the trolls claim in their lies about me, I'm always sincere. I was curious what the fuss was, and I'm trying to learn. You're just mad because you probably thought England would run circles around the USA, and actually England got lucky the USA didn't win the game outright in the second half.

One thing I've learned so far is that the most boring games are when England plays. Those games are almost unwatchable. I don't know if it's because there's so much pressure on these big England stars that they are choking, or if they are just a bunch of over-hyped arrogant assholes who look bad when they don't have foreign stars with more talent and brains playing on the same team as them. Some of the other games I've watched have been pretty fun. It was kinda sad watching England today. Even when they had good shots on goal, they were too hesitant to shoot them. Who's this guy Gerard? He had a sure goal and for some strange reason he was afraid to shoot it.

Last edited:
America has little interest in the football World Cup mainly due to the fact that they have never won or come close to winning the tournament and have no chance of doing so again this year.

We might've had a chance to go far if the FIFA refs weren't a bunch of anti-Americans. The soccer experts of international origin told me today that the call against America robbing America of the winning goal was one of the worst calls they had ever seen out of any soccer match they had ever watched, let alone out of any World Cup match. We can still get to the next round with a win over Algeria, but I don't see America going far when FIFA employs refs out to stop us and a FIFA ref does not even have to say why he's calling a foul or who he's calling a foul on.

There's little doubt that this referee simply didn't want America to win the game. He probably threw a party over 9/11 too. He refused to state who he was calling a foul on, and the only thing that can be seen in the replay is that Slovenian players were manhandling every American they could grab. It's an amazing thing that in a play where Slovenia committed about 15 fouls on Americans and Americans committed zero fouls and scored a totally clean goal, the FIFA referee says it's no goal and the foul is on America. Gee, I wonder why.

You will note I gave it it's correct title of football rather than soccer as this is the football which is played by hundreds of countries around the globe

The massive Slovenian community in Cleveland were calling it "futbol" today. America calls it soccer. I'm an American. How arrogant of you to try and tell me I should not speak my own language. Where do you f***s get off telling me I should not speak my own language? In a thread where you are hyping a World Cup where you claim it's a celebration for the whole world and all of its cultures? You respect the obnoxious plastic horns of the Africans, but I'm not allowed to speak the language of the country I live in?!

I guess you're just mad because:

front061310.jpg

I speak American.

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZdrhKf6yADs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZdrhKf6yADs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

rather than the American version which is played in relatively few countries at all probably due to the fact that most countries couldn't put up with watching a "sport" which stops and starts every ten seconds and where grown men have to pad themselves up so much to avoid injury that if a double decker bus or ten ton truck crashes into them then they could get up and walk away unscathed.

Soccer players are the biggest pussies of any sport I've ever seen. If they get even grazed by another player, they instantly go into baby tantrums. Check the injuries NFL players suffer. It ain't no joke.

The noise created was by an enthusiastic South African crowd

It's not just Americans wondering why the hell these annoying plastic horns are being allowed to ruin everything. At first I thought this was a normal World Cup thing, but I was relieved to learn that the rest of the world finds them annoying too.

It really doesn't surprise me that you don't understand the rules of the game or that Mexico's disallowed goal was a correct decision due to Vela clearly being offside when he put the ball in the net but it's a bit worrying that your commentators on the match didn't understand either when they are being paid to do just that.

ESPN has an English dude as their soccer expert. He was pretty sad today at England's terrible game! :lbf:

You even seem to have a little dig at the obviously intelligent ha ha Congressmen Mr Weiner for being bigoted yet find it in your own heart to call us all f***ERS simply because of BP's actions as though they represent us as a nation.

I can only imagine how the British would be acting if an American corporation caused the biggest environmental catastrophe in history in their waters and did nothing but lie, lie, lie in the aftermath. British Petroleum also trotted out some dude who went on about how they care about the "small people", even though they've apparently subjected those people to poisonous oil-dispersant chemicals that will kill them. That other BP dude, when asked if the chemicals were the reason some of the "small people" passed out and had to go the hospital, said that it was probably just food poisoning. Americans are being considerably restrained and fair about things. Meanwhile, British politicians are being so touchy that they are attacking us for even calling BP "British Petroleum".

Last edited:
In case anyone thinks it was a "fluke" that the Robert Green gave up that goal to the USA, here's another one of his career highlights:

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oTV80j-ZAZ4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oTV80j-ZAZ4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

When that's the goalie you bring to the World Cup, what do you expect?

We might've had a chance to go far if the FIFA refs weren't a bunch of anti-Americans. The soccer experts of international origin told me today that the call against America robbing America of the winning goal was one of the worst calls they had ever seen out of any soccer match they had ever watched, let alone out of any World Cup match. We can still get to the next round with a win over Algeria, but I don't see America going far when FIFA employs refs out to stop us and a FIFA ref does not even have to say why he's calling a foul or who he's calling a foul on.

You are funny. I love it.

Devils, I will never get over seeing C.C. Sabathia in a Yankee uniform winning a World Series. There definitely needs to be some kind of a salary cap in baseball. Sorry.

But you're correct in reply to Skinny. Baseball is an international sport. My two fave players on my team are Shin Soo Choo (Korean) and Carlos Santana (Dominican). Major League Baseball is where the best players in the world go to play, unless they happen to be stuck in Fidel Castro's dictatorship.

After seeing John Madden as a Blackhawk I feel your pain.

FIFA all but confesses that some of their refs have an anti-American bias problem:

The referee who threw out Team USA's would-be winning goal last week will not officiate another World Cup match anytime soon, FIFA announced Monday.

Mali-born Koman Coulibaly, who disallowed a crucial American goal against Slovenia Friday night, was left off the list of referees for the next two days of matches.

LINK

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CmPMswnB5I4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CmPMswnB5I4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Welcome to the wonderful world of real football.
Bad decisions(not calls)by officials are part of the game.It's always happened.
I would not like to see the game stopped all the time for review.Yes it hurts when the decision goes against you,but learn to live with it.Remember it cuts both ways.
Sometimes you win with a bad decision sometimes you lose.
Example,there are hundreds.
I'll just give you one.
1986 quarter-final England v Argentina.
Goal by one of the greatest players ever.
A deliberate handball.
This of course overshadowed one of the greatest goals ever scored at the world cup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBXZx0Ky4gE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWNnK99mcrw

I left it as one of the greatest because it allows some personal choice.
I'm old enough to have seen some fantastic players over the years.Maradona is one of many.
My personal favourite?
Probably Pele,because he did it at the very top level along with Maradona.
George Best was a joy to watch sometimes and I was lucky enough to see him play live a few times.He had such great vision.You only really appreciate great players when you watch them live.

Welcome to the wonderful world of real football.
Bad decisions(not calls)by officials are part of the game.It's always happened.
I would not like to see the game stopped all the time for review.Yes it hurts when the decision goes against you,but learn to live with it.Remember it cuts both ways.
Sometimes you win with a bad decision sometimes you lose.

I don't agree with the dude in the YouTube about having replay. My problem is that I feel that ref was out to get America. Can you show me a call in this World Cup that was worse that that call against the USA? Do you not notice that the refs seem to be going out of their way to try and sabotage the USA?

Hopefully America will take care of business against Algeria and we can forget about this travesty.

I don't agree with the dude in the YouTube about having replay. My problem is that I feel that ref was out to get America. Can you show me a call in this World Cup that was worse that that call against the USA? Do you not notice that the refs seem to be going out of their way to try and sabotage the USA?

Hopefully America will take care of business against Algeria and we can forget about this travesty.

There are lots and lots.
But you see it's always debatable.That's one of the many joys of football.Discussing poor decisions,It's a pen,no it isn't.Oh yes it is and Spain must score it.
Spain vs Yugoslavia 1982.Look where the ref was.On the first decision.
Now tell me that's a pen.It shouldn't have been.
But the ref made sure it was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxLYjDNGOMk

Tags
slow year threadoftheyear trollitude
Back
Top Bottom