What songs put you into a trance?

What Smiths and Morrissey songs put you into a trance?

What Smiths/Morrissey songs put you into a trance?

Last edited:
Morrissey songs?

The Teachers Are Afraid of the Pupils

Other songs?

She's So Heavy by the Beatles

I assume you're talking Morrissey/Smiths -- for me Ganglord has a driving, hypnotic style. With Life is a Pigsty you can also get "into the zone".

Mmm, let me think. Last night I dreamt somebody loved me - The Smiths. Evangeline - The Cocteau Twins.

The flawless QID triptych of I Know It's Over, Never Had No One Ever and Cemetry Gates

every time.

I can't listen to just one of those three songs; it has to be all three, in that sequence, as one song suite, or nothing at all

"Asleep"

Others:

"Electric Mainline" Spiritualized
"All My Colours" Echo & The Bunnymen
"Help Yourself" Death In Vegas
"Top Of The World" James
"Bass Trap" U2
"Today" Ride
"Southern Comfort" Burial
"Describing Bodies" Oneohtrix Point Never
"Elegia" New Order
"Video 5.8.6." New Order
"The Hidden Door" Belbury Poly
"Stoned To Say The Least" Saint Etienne
"Sister Ray" The Velvet Underground

"Speedway"

And just about any song he sings live in front of me, except "Crashing Bores" which I use as an opportunity to drain the lizard.

Yes yes yes ! I love the brutal haunting wistfulness of this track ! I love Alain's unleashed hypnotic fugue ! I love the rickety spidery creepings at 0.52 ! I love the Edge -like guitar lines drenched in reverb and delay! I love the abrupt oncoming train at 2.08 ! I love the terror of the vocals at 4.00 which, as they fade into the void , remind us that maybe no one gets saved and that an expanding range of options may not just naturally accrue as years go on.

Yes and I love exclamation marks ! I could really bang on endlessly about the desolate spell of this song !

Last edited:
place to be by nick drake never fails.

Back
Top Bottom