What music do/did your parents listen to?

When my Dad told me he saw The Beatles in May 1963 at the Slough Granada (now a bingo hall) I said "Wow Dad...what were they like?" he said "Not nearly as good as The Dubliners!" :rolleyes:

dubliners.jpg

Love Alma xxx
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

my dad was into rock n roll, eddie cochran, buddy holly,elvis ect, my mum was a big beatles fan, later phil collins!! motown ect, but its not all bad, they did go see billy fury before he died. mum knows a few smiths songs, she does say hes got better looking with age!! xx

My dad likes a lot of blues, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen, Elvis Costello, Tom Petty and most importantly Tom Waits, who I and both of my brothers love. My mum likes Radio 2 :p also Simon and Garfunkel, Billy Joel, Leonard Cohen, Joni Mitchell, Crowded House, Bessie Smith and Ella Fitzgerald etc.
I think middle brother has been more of an influence, though.

I never heard my dad listen to music ever.

my mom, things like this (though not this one in particular):
51GB0NX1E3L._SS500_.jpg

My dad listened to Led Zeppelin, Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple etc He likes The Smiths but mainly cus Of Marr...

My mum listened to Gary Numan...I don't really remember her listening to that much music though

I remember my mother listening to this intellectual type of Dutch music.
She doesn't really listen to music anymore.

My dad listened/listens to classical music (he is a pianist himself), jazz (my cousin is sort of a famous jazz-musician), Irish folk, and I distinctly remember him listening to Fats Domino. When I was a little girl I would refer to him as "the man with the square head". :blushing:
He also listens to Randy Newman and Willy Nelson.
Mid 80's I introduced my dad to Prince and also the Pogues and he used to borrow my LP's (yes! LP's) but I don't think he listens to that anymore. :)
And my father collects every single version of the Four Seasons by Vivaldi.

My dad listens to Leonard Cohen, Mark Knopfler, Pink Floyd and Lynard Skynard. He detests Morrissey with a passion! My mum listens to old Irish ballads and whatever is in the charts.
I don't think any family members influenced my musical tastes really.

my mom listen to

The Beatles
Neil Diamond
Barry Manilow

my dad

Elvis ( which I like)
Aerosmith
Anything Motown

My dad said "Morrissey he's not that bad"

Both my parents have sadly passed away, but they both used to love the old crooners like Sinatra, Crosby, Dean Martin, etc. My mum really liked the Bachelors, Frank Ifield and Neil Diamond. My dad was also fond of the classic hollywood musicals.

Back
Top Bottom