What instrument do you play, and how did you get started?

K

KenzieW

What instrument do you play, and how did you get started?

I play the guitar. I started out with the ukulele a year and four months ago. I really didn't want to play the ukulele, but I knew someone who thought I should try it, and they had an extra ukulele for me to use. I went to a few classes and I enjoyed playing the instrument, I just didn't like the way it sounded. I ended up borrowing somebody elses guitar and loved it. A month later I got my own guitar. Two months later I mentioned the smiths to my guitar teacher and she helped me learn how to play "Ask." Now here I am, eight months later, and I can play a few smiths songs, and I am still obsessed with music and love playing my guitar.

JoanOfArc

Hidden
Violin and piano(started at the age of 7-violin and 10-piano).

Last edited:

billybu69

Subscriber
Worlds worst Guitar player, all the fault of Joe Strummer... though not the being worlds worst thats my own doing.

K

KenzieW

Worlds worst Guitar player, all the fault of Joe Strummer... though not the being worlds worst thats my own doing.

I love the clash. I haven't tried playing any of their songs yet though because they sound really hard.

billybu69

Subscriber
Labours of love Kenzie, the early stuffs all bar chords. and thrashing as i said Joes fault.

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
I play the clarinet. :o

JohnnyMare

I play guitar. I started after hearing my older brother playing the riff to 'Layla' (although I never heard him play the rest of the song...).

Mars_Rover

Guitar, since age 8 or so. I've always loved the sound(s) of a guitar. What especially intrigued me as a child were harmonics - the little, bell-like sounds you can hear the guitar make on songs like (going to date myself now!) Jim Croce's "Time in a Bottle" and "Roundabout" by Yes.

Further evidence of geekery: I played clarinet in the school band :o

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.

I am a Ghost

I have been known to ham-fistedly bash away on my old joanna.

Started at about the age of twenty. The fact that my tutor was a rather fetching, blonde twenty-something year old girl and that lessons took place in her bedsit was an added incentive to attend classes..

Tags
my ding-a-ling
Top Bottom