What does your significant other think of Moz?

My current chap isn't really familiar with his stuff, so I am trying to educate him. My last long-termer hated him with a passion. He was 14years older than me (I'm 22) so he was prime Smiths-loving age. Unfortunately- he didn't. He was a total metal-head and loved Guns n Roses and stuff, and when he wasn't listening to that he was flinging himself around to Def Leppard and Marillion. Bloody awful. When we went to see Moz in May '06 at Alexandra Palace, he moaned pretty much from the moment we got on the train to go. He then sat on a wall gazing at the crowd of Morrissey fans, most of whom (like him) were balding, fat, glasses wearers, and said "these were the kind of lads I hated when I was young." This made me laugh like a drain,
"Time's a great leveller," I said, "The only difference between you and them now is that they're wearing Morrissey teeshirts." Even he had to see the funny side.

My boyfriend is jealous of Morrissey because of the time, money and attention I give to him. He doesn't like Moz that much as an artist either but he's started to try and get into him because he thinks I'd like him more if he was a Morrissey fan (which is quite upsetting). He's been to one gig with me but I don't think he enjoyed it much, he said the fans scared him!

It was my husband who got me into Moz. Poor thing, he didn't know he was going to open Pandora's box.... To be honest, I didn't know either. It took me totally by surprise... Anyway, my hubby quite likes Morrissey, certain songs at least (You're the one for me fatty is his favourite.... :confused:), and there are songs he hates. Especially my favourites which I'm capable of listening to at least 20 times in a loop... (Trouble loves me, for example) He doesn't really like Moz as a person, he thinks Moz is a bitter lonely old man.... :( And he just doesn't understand why I go crazy about him. But he tolerates it and gets on with it reasonably well. :)

:D Very straightforward....;)

oh yes, I could have bored you all for ages but it is as simple as that. pure hatred.
I don't know if it is jealousy, if it is that then its very silly as Morrissey is only my fantasy boyfriend lol! :p
Oh in all seriousness, we have had a couple of serious fall outs and he would indeed blame Morrissey.
I think he is better than he used to be though. I think he has a grim acceptance now.

My boyfriend is jealous of Morrissey because of the time, money and attention I give to him. He doesn't like Moz that much as an artist either but he's started to try and get into him because he thinks I'd like him more if he was a Morrissey fan (which is quite upsetting). He's been to one gig with me but I don't think he enjoyed it much, he said the fans scared him!

Maybe it is because I have never had it, but I am not sure I would like mine to be into Morrissey, I would like him to perhaps accept it more than I feel he does, but if he says anything it is usually about how horrible he is to his staff/band/support artists or his stance on Veggies or how his head is massive and he of course does his impression of Morrissey singing (really badly)
I do not know if I would like to share him with my bf, Morrissey is mine you see. :p You know what I mean. :D

oh yes, I could have bored you all for ages but it is as simple as that. pure hatred.
I don't know if it is jealousy, if it is that then its very silly as Morrissey is only my fantasy boyfriend lol! :p
Oh in all seriousness, we have had a couple of serious fall outs and he would indeed blame Morrissey.
I think he is better than he used to be though. I think he has a grim acceptance now.

Well, once I actually happened to tell my hubby that if he Morrissey showed up at our place and told me to get a divorce and marry him, I would do it without any hesitation! :D Lol, probably that didn't help.... But now he sort of got used to it that I spend an awful lot of time listening to Moz and watching him.... Cause he knows it makes me happy!:D
(Love your avatar, by the way.)

I do not have a significant other. It makes things so much easier :)

I guess it does, yes. ;)

She doesn't think I spend enough time and money on him.

She is trying to encourage me to go to all the UK and French dates, plus any others that get announced. It amazes me that she has never once complained {sic}.

Is this true? Or are you just making it up? :eek: You are so lucky....

Well, once I actually happened to tell my hubby that if he Morrissey showed up at our place and told me to get a divorce and marry him, I would do it without any hesitation! :D Lol, probably that didn't help.... But now he sort of got used to it that I spend an awful lot of time listening to Moz and watching him.... Cause he knows it makes me happy!:D
(Love your avatar, by the way.)

hehehe yes I think jokes like that prob won't help. It is good you can joke, I think my bf (the smithhating bf to give him his full title) does understand in a way as well. He just rolled his eyes when I said about the Edinburgh date. :rolleyes:
I tend not to play Morrissey/smiths too much when he is about, but sometimes I do, he does not say too much. I watched the film This is England the other night and it ends with a cover version Please Please Please let me get what I want and he went, what song is that? I know that, I did not tell him it was by The Smiths originally lol.
ball-icon.gif

The girlfriends I've had never usually like Morrissey, it doesn't bother me I keep him for myself.

my last two boyfriends both loved morrissey - i actually fell in love with the one partially because he could dance very similar to moz ^^

my last two boyfriends both loved morrissey - i actually fell in love with the one partially because he could dance very similar to moz ^^

Oooooh, and was he Danish? I like Danish guys... :D

Oooooh, and was he Danish? I like Danish guys... :D

hehe, he is danish yes :] hah, oh i like danish guys too, but danish good-looking morrissey fans who are still in their youth is a very limited group .. i'm afraid they might run out at some point haha

hehe, he is danish yes :] hah, oh i like danish guys too, but danish good-looking morrissey fans who are still in their youth is a very limited group .. i'm afraid they might run out at some point haha

I'll think you'll find that's a universal truth ;)

Back
Top Bottom