What do you think of Morrissey's new "Dude" t-shirt?

Check it out on his Merchandise store.

Link posted by Nerak:

https://uk.mporium.org/collections/frontpage/products/dude-white-t-shirt

full

Update January 30:
Now the subject of a Central post:

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
He’s selling a shirt to fans about his dead cat named Dude (that no one knew existed until 9 days ago) that also doubles as promotion for his forthcoming album. I mean, you can’t see how absurd this is?

This is embarrassing, tasteless and tacky.
yes, but so is your pretending to be a girl

Cease this harassment and transphobia/homophobia.
as if im homophobic :rolleyes:

im not transphobic either. I just think your excuse of "im was molested by my cousin and all of his friends"--a likely story to begin with--is a preposterous reason for your current day gender dysphoria.

as if im homophobic :rolleyes:

im not transphobic either. I just think your excuse of "im was molested by my cousin and all of his friends"--a likely story to begin with--is a preposterous excuse for your current day gender dysphoria.

Cease this harassment and transphobia/homophobia.

Can you think of any pop star who has sullied their personal brand to such an irredeemable extent? Morrissey should reissue "Now I Am A Was" as a single and just call it a day.

What was his brand to the hardcore fan?

I always thought of him as an awkward, ridiculous, unhinged gobshite, who by some miracle happened to have a lot of talent & charisma. I like him because he transcends all the obstacles he throws in his own way.

The only thing I'd kill with fire is the far right stuff - because then you're in exile & that might be a romantic place to be in a biography with all the mitigating circumstances laid out, but it's rubbish while you're alive.

Can you think of any pop star who has sullied their personal brand to such an irredeemable extent? Morrissey should reissue "Now I Am A Was" as a single and just call it a day.

He's an outsider. Always has been, always will be. (That brief flirtation with "national treasure" status was always nonsensical.) Part of him - the self-loathing side - must be loving this descent into real outsider status again, while another part of him - the charts-obsessed, narcissistic side - must be in utter despair. People are complicated, including his fans. (To put it mildly!!)

He's an outsider. Always has been, always will be. (That brief flirtation with "national treasure" status was always nonsensical.) Part of him - the self-loathing side - must be loving this descent into real outsider status again, while another part of him - the charts-obsessed, narcissistic side - must be in utter despair. People are complicated, including his fans. (To put it mildly!!)

Yeah - I noticed when Quarry gave him a more mainstream audience - he looked as if he couldn't believe they actually liked it. I think he's so used to aggro that he can't cope with anything that's purely people out for a good time.

He'll be happier with the despair.

I think the chart obsession is just something to focus on & centre complaints on - anyone really obsessed would have done collaborations with DJs by now. Or a Christmas album.

i find it interesting that his name is not printed on the t-shirt, unless it's on the back. have there been morrissey t-shirts without his name sold before?
dude mustve been a great cat and thats a sweet photograph of him.
I can think, immediately, of an official Swords shirt which featured only a Swords road sign.

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey might not be a dog on a chain but anyone who thinks this shirt is anything other than a tasteless cash-grab certainly is.

Morrissey might not be a dog on a chain but anyone who thinks this shirt is anything other than a tasteless cash-grab certainly is.

How much cash would it grab? It wouldn't be worth it. He loves his cat, it fits with the album title, so it's something with his cat & the album title on it.

And if he does make a fortune from promo merch just by whacking it on his website he should tell us the secret.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom