Washington, DC - The Anthem (Nov. 30, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / I Wish You Lonely / Speedway / Glamorous Glue / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / The Bullfighter Dies / How Soon Is Now? / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Hold On To Your Friends / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / Back On The Chain Gang / Spent The Day In Bed / When You Open Your Legs / Jack The Ripper / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Home Is A Question Mark / I'm Not Sorry // Suedehead / Shoplifters Of The World Unite

Setlist provided by setlist.fm. Link posted by Famous when dead.

Last edited:
So the WaPo guy wanted a greatest hits set. To bad for him Morrissey is not a nostalgia act.

It’s the post so whats to expect but a lecture on morrisseys behavior offstage and a strange review littered with contridictions (everyone’s bored but pleading for a second encore and grumpy when it doesn’t come). I started something was super well received as is expected and glamorous glue and Jack the Ripper were highlights as well as hold on to your friends. People had a sing along for songs like Sunday suedehead and shoplifters. You can hear as much in the recordings. When spent the day in beds intro cam on a small cheer went up admittedly to my surprise

Still seems that no one has yet captured any footage of "Who Will Protect Us," I'd love to hear how that one comes out live.

I thought it played real well but it is one of my faves on the album, maybe I'm biased. Fortunately, the video he plays isn't disturbing like the bullfighter video. The police video is only distracting.

Still seems that no one has yet captured any footage of "Who Will Protect Us," I'd love to hear how that one comes out live.

I only have a clip. I wanted to record a little but still be able to sing along.

No gimmick song ! Another victory for the debunkers.

BtBB :greatbritain::knife:

Regards,
FWD.

Where'd you hear this? Or did you see cameras?

There was a cameraman making his way though the audience where I was standing to the left mid-general admission area facing the stage. The camera he was using looked like a cell phone with a lens and audio adapter. He said the recording was done for PBS. There were also signs posted at the entrance saying that the show was being recorded and that by entry you were consenting to use of your image.

No gimmick song ! Another victory for the debunkers.

BtBB :greatbritain::knife:

But, alas, it was replaced with the other gimmick song, a.k.a. "The Bullfighter Dies," replete with video of bullfighting scenes including the goring of toreadors, blood and other gore. Rename, repackage & reissue.

For future reference, where does one park when seeing shows here? I've read some articles about the venue and how it came to be, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of parking information. I'd like to here from people first-hand who may have drove there. Thanks in advance.

For future reference, where does one park when seeing shows here? I've read some articles about the venue and how it came to be, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of parking information. I'd like to here from people first-hand who may have drove there. Thanks in advance.

There was a garage in the pedestrian mall like place the venue was located in but you’d rather shoot yourself in the head than drive through it and it could very likely fill up. There were a couple of other garages that showed up when we searched online but we chose to just park on water street which is the road the mall is on. A long main road and we ended up parking about a five ten min walk away. The neighborhood is nice and there was plenty of road and foot traffic so it felt very safe. A lot of people who attended the show ended up doing this as we all walked back in a mob. It’s also nice as you just pull out back onto the main road instead of having to try and get out of a garage with a bunch of other people and an intersection that was so busy with regular traffic that it required a couple of traffic cops just to manage it

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom