Wanted: original "I started something..." t-shirt

I'm looking for an original "I started something..." t-shirt. Ideally size small or medium (19-20 in pit to pit). Doesn't have to be in perfect condition, but wearable. Shoot me a message if willing to sell one. Will pay top $/pounds.

If you're looking for a replica T-shirt which has the photo of the sleeve, you can make one.

When the single was released, Smiths had been broke up. At that point they didn't sell official merchandise.

If you're looking for a replica T-shirt which has the photo of the sleeve, you can make one.

When the single was released, Smiths had been broke up. At that point they didn't sell official merchandise.

I noticed that Moz is wearing one in the "Stop me" video. Is that not an official shirt?

Just curious what your definition of 'official' is ? Is that based off if Marr & Moz made money from the printing of such tees? And/Or if they were sold at a concert etc ? Most of the smiths singles were made into tees in late 80's and early 90's then re-released again in early 2000's. (Select ones I.e. MIM, QID - seems more albums tees then singles) I can't say those late 90's early 2000's tees were officially 'licensed' tees and whom profited but these tees where made and should be considered as vintage and authentic to the time. Seems many of those consistently had Copyright manchester England. Either way IMO they don't have to be official to be special. Here's the one I have - gem

Last I saw some dude thermonuclearwarrior remade this
image.jpeg

Just curious what your definition of 'official' is ? Is that based off if Marr & Moz made money from the printing of such tees? And/Or if they were sold at a concert etc ? Most of the smiths singles were made into tees in late 80's and early 90's then re-released again in early 2000's. (Select ones I.e. MIM, QID - seems more albums tees then singles) I can't say those late 90's early 2000's tees were officially 'licensed' tees and whom profited but these tees where made and should be considered as vintage and authentic to the time. Seems many of those consistently had Copyright manchester England. Either way IMO they don't have to be official to be special. Here's the one I have - gem

Last I saw some dude thermonuclearwarrior remade this
View attachment 40218

My definition of official merchandise means the items on sale during the tour.

ywcabackscrubber is looking for "original" T shirt.
However, it's impossible to get an item which wasn't sold to the public.

I do not consider replica T shirts are vintage / authentic because I don't know whether they actually bothered to get a permission from Morrissey who is responsible for designing Smiths sleeves.

My definition of official merchandise means the items on sale during the tour.

ywcabackscrubber is looking for "original" T shirt.
However, it's impossible to get an item which wasn't sold to the public.

I do not consider replica T shirts are vintage / authentic because I don't know whether they actually bothered to get a permission from Morrissey who is responsible for designing Smiths sleeves.

Surely it's not 'impossible' to to get an item that wasn't sold to the public. Mike Joyce selling his collection off being the prime example.

Back
Top Bottom