Viva Morrissey @ Dry Bar, Manchester on Morrissey's Birthday!

Jukebox Jury

Retired
There are no advance tickets, just first come first served on the door..........capacity is 300 so don't miss the boat on the night:cool:

MAY 22nd - DRY BAR - MANCHESTER
28-30 Oldham Street , Manchester, M1 1JN

A celebration of Morrissey's birthday featuring Morrissey/Smiths related music before and after a live appearance by Viva Morrissey.
£6 admission on the door.

To see Facebook Event page please visit:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=107214845975147&ref=mf

http://www.vivamorrissey.co.uk
http://www.myspace.com/morrisseytributeband
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6007849572

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
24123_382209412678_789487678_358383.jpg

Why are all the great events happening in the UK?
Where are the birthday events in NY, Philly, Boston or DC?
I'd travel to one in those areas if one was organised.
We need to let Morrissey know we love him in these places too, not just the UK.

There will be an extra Moz Disco at the Star&Garter on Friday 21st May.
9pm - 2.30am
£5 at the door.

Start booking your hotels now and make a weekend of it :thumb:

Shop around for hotel rooms, too. There's a bit of a price war going on - even some of the "Aparthotels" are undercutting the likes of Premier Inn.

I literally 'LOL'd at that Moz impersonator's audio tracks and photos.

I'll stick to the original, instead of what looks to be a divorced dad with lots of time on his hands and short of a few quid :lbf:

I literally 'LOL'd at that Moz impersonator's audio tracks and photos.

I'll stick to the original, instead of what looks to be a divorced dad with lots of time on his hands and short of a few quid :lbf:

I guess you are entitled to your opinion, however rude (and wrong) it may be, but you really should see the band play live before dismissing them.

Thanks for bumping the thread! ;)

I wasn't trying to be rude. Just saying what I'm seeing and hearing, that's all. :thumb:

I guess you are entitled to your opinion, however rude (and wrong) it may be, but you really should see the band play live before dismissing them.

Thanks for bumping the thread! ;)
I believe you are the rude one. The Moz impersonator was disrespectul to the site admin and you are using this site to advertise his band?

I believe you are the rude one. The Moz impersonator was disrespectul to the site admin and you are using this site to advertise his band?

Not quite sure how Michelle was being rude by simply stating someone should see the band play live before passing judgement on them.This is a Morrissey site for Morrissey fans who like to be told when and where tribute bands will be playing so they can make up there own minds whether to go and see them or not.I for one,along with many others who have seen Viva Morrissey on previous occasions will definitely be making the trip to Manchester as they are excellent live and well worth seeing as Michelle said (before passing judgement).I have seen a few of the Smiths/Morrissey tribute acts now and have to say that Viva Morrissey beat all the others hands down.
I just don't see the point in going onto a thread simply to belittle something you have never seen or to say you aren't interested.If you aren't interested go to a thread that does interest you instead of being such a moronic prick.

As for being disrespectful to site admin or mods,I for one never have been, but for many it seems that all you have to do is disagree with their opinions and they become hell bent on making life difficult for you.Hence,Jukebox Jury's stupid and pointless ban,an opinion I know is echoed by many on here.

Not quite sure how Michelle was being rude by simply stating someone should see the band play live before passing judgement on them.This is a Morrissey site for Morrissey fans who like to be told when and where tribute bands will be playing so they can make up there own minds whether to go and see them or not.I for one,along with many others who have seen Viva Morrissey on previous occasions will definitely be making the trip to Manchester as they are excellent live and well worth seeing as Michelle said (before passing judgement).I have seen a few of the Smiths/Morrissey tribute acts now and have to say that Viva Morrissey beat all the others hands down.
I just don't see the point in going onto a thread simply to belittle something you have never seen or to say you aren't interested.If you aren't interested go to a thread that does interest you instead of being such a moronic prick.

As for being disrespectful to site admin or mods,I for one never have been, but for many it seems that all you have to do is disagree with their opinions and they become hell bent on making life difficult for you.Hence,Jukebox Jury's stupid and pointless ban,an opinion I know is echoed by many on here.

What does any of this have to do with remarks made by a member of this tribute band towards the admin of this Morrissey site?

What does any of this have to do with remarks made by a member of this tribute band towards the admin of this Morrissey site?

I have no idea,you tell me as you were the one that brought it up.

All people were doing was informing Morrissey fans that Viva Morrissey are playing a gig in Manchester on May 22nd.If someone doesn't want to go then fine but is there a need to be rude about someone you have never even seen?

Like I say,you were the one that went off topic and started talking about a band members comments,and in seemingly your first ever post too.I merely responded to that.

Great first posts....... clearly a troll with an agenda..... but as it is an anti Paul comment you will never be banned.
Let's see if you post on any other threads:rolleyes:

Great first posts....... clearly a troll with an agenda..... but as it is an anti Paul comment you will never be banned.
Let's see if you post on any other threads:rolleyes:

Let me put it in another way. You create a site to inform people of Morrissey's Manchester and pay a monthy fee to do so which includes a message board. Someone then posts vile things against you and the nature of the personal attacks are so outrageous you ban this person from the site. Some time later this person forms a band and his friends come on the boards to advertise his band. He could be the best singer in the world but this behaviour is unacceptable.

Let me put it this way. Someone posts vile things about you that are so outrageous you ask the site admin. to remove them. The site admin will not remove them. But as soon as something is posted against David it is deleted. Why? Because it's his site and he can run it anyway he wants?
Every other forum I belong to has no problem deleting offensive posts. Maybe David likes the drama.
Paul is a good guy and despite what Matt says (who I doubt is a performer of any kind) is very talented.

What is this 'monthly fee' you're talking about?

Let me put it this way. Someone posts vile things about you that are so outrageous you ask the site admin. to remove them. The site admin will not remove them. But as soon as something is posted against David it is deleted. Why? Because it's his site and he can run it anyway he wants?
Every other forum I belong to has no problem deleting offensive posts. Maybe David likes the drama.
Paul is a good guy and despite what Matt says (who I doubt is a performer of any kind) is very talented.

Please post a link to these alleged 'vile things'. Since they were not deleted, they should still be on the site, right?

You're leaving out the part where the person asking the site admin to remove them previously attacked the site and abused other members in as great or greater fashion causing hours of wasted time. Forgive me for being human, but why should I be in a rush to help with his request?

Can I just say, for my part, that I promote Viva Morrissey wherever and whenever possible because they are SIX lovely guys who all put heart and soul into giving their audience a great night out. The fact that one of them had a fall out with moderators here is of no consequence whatsoever. Paul has never been anything but charming to me, and while that is the case I'll continue to advertise gigs, so that people can come along and make up their own mind about the band.

If that is considered rude of me, then so be it! :thumb:

24123_382209412678_789487678_358383.jpg

Can I just say, for my part, that I promote Viva Morrissey wherever and whenever possible because they are SIX lovely guys who all put heart and soul into giving their audience a great night out. The fact that one of them had a fall out with moderators here is of no consequence whatsoever. Paul has never been anything but charming to me, and while that is the case I'll continue to advertise gigs, so that people can come along and make up their own mind about the band.

If that is considered rude of me, then so be it! :thumb:

Well put, I shall see you there Michelle... :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom