"Viva Hate" Swedish TV-drama by Peter Birro; trailer

An anonymous person writes:

Swedish Screenwriter and Morrissey fan Peter Birro has written the upcoming TV series Viva Hate, to be broadcasted in the winter of 2014 in Swedish Television (SVT). Director is Jens Lien.

Now there's a hilarious teaser/trailer up on youtube.

Here's a synopsis of the story and a link to the trailer:

Viva Hate is about Daniel, an avid Morrissey admirer, who starts the band Viva Hate to get recognition from the world, but mainly from his mum who only cares for his older brother Tommy. Tommy, a petty thief, is his mothers lovechild as opposed to Daniel who is "just the result of a one-night-stand". As Daniel tries to break through with his band, gets entangled in his brothers criminal life and finds his true love Fanny, the story explodes in music and action and Daniel finds out what really matters in life.

Ska_rmavbild_2014-08-08_kl_10_41_00.png

Last edited:
Some background info on Peter Birro. He and his brother Marcus became notorious for their destructive lifestyle and tv talk show appearances in the early 90's. During the Bowie tour of 1995 when Morrissey was his support Morrissey dropped off the tour claiming he had health issues. The reason was however that Bowie felt that Morrissey played too long and was far more popular with the crowd than Bowie was. I was at 4 of the gigs at Wembley Arena and can confirm that was the case and that many walked out when Moz was finished for the night.

The news of Bowie bullying Morrissey made Peter Birro so furious and depressed that he drank himself completely wasted and the day after woke in his bed that was full of blood stains. Peter had carved "Moz" into his arm with a knife. Peter struggled with depression and one day he was in the process of hanging himself in his home when suddenly the radio started playing Morrissey's song "Angel down we go together". That saved his life and this was years before he carved the name into his arm.

Peter and Marcus, both from Gothenburg, have gone quite separate ways in life. Marcus is a well known face on tv where he is often found on the italian football tv show showing games every Sunday through the football season. His obsession with Roma is legendary and he kicked his alcohol addiciton years ago that threatened his life. Peter and Marcus have an italian father.

Peter became a renowned dramatician and has produced and written several tv dramas and plays. Apart from Moz his big inspiration is the old swedish author and dramatician Strindberg. The two brothers cannot stand each other anymore much to do with Marcus religious beliefs and work for the catholic church where he has defended very strong views on a range of topics. Marcus is seen and heard more but Peter is the undoubted genius of the two.

Marcus became friends with The Mission singer Wayne Hussey and the two have collaborated in a project based on the poems written by Marcus.

Peter Birro:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/...lf3NtNsDXcOvHuLUKcpPn1YkJ3PIoPWZT---DeZw1-zHu

Which one likes the pole, and which one likes the hole?

Is there a way we'll be able to watch it in America???!! Tv here is mostly shit....this looks...decent.

Is there a way we'll be able to watch it in America???!! Tv here is mostly shit....this looks...decent.

I've had some luck finding Swedish TV shows on DailyMotion in the past. The kicker is the subtitles (or lack thereof)—helps if you can find the Norwegian broadcast with English subtitles. Or, you know, learn Swedish.

"ERECTION FOR A FOOL IS CRUEL"

This second teaser clip is top.

P.

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks incredible.
Has anyone made the connection to this and to..."Let The Right One In"?
Thumbs up!!

http://www.svtplay.se/video/2493740/stina-om/avsnitt-12-peter-birro

Swedish national tv play service are now running a rerun of an interview with Peter Birro from 1998 with his walls covered with Morrissey posters and magazine covers. Stina Dabrowski interviewed him and this is shown ahead of the showing of "Viva Hate".

Sadly not subtitled and foreign viewers may have to get a swedish proxy address to view this content if only to see what the walls in his home looked like at the time.

http://www.svtplay.se/video/2493740/stina-om/avsnitt-12-peter-birro

Swedish national tv play service are now running a rerun of an interview with Peter Birro from 1998 with his walls covered with Morrissey posters and magazine covers. Stina Dabrowski interviewed him and this is shown ahead of the showing of "Viva Hate".

Sadly not subtitled and foreign viewers may have to get a swedish proxy address to view this content if only to see what the walls in his home looked like at the time.

During the interview they show all the Morrissey posters in his home and Peter says:

"Around 1989 I was very depressed and more or less was about to hang myself when I listened to Viva Hate and the song "Angel, down we go together" started playing and I decided to keep on living despite how much it hurt.

Mini series "Viva Hate" is premiere tonite on SVT (Swedish National Televison) 9pm

Just watched the first episode and it is the worst production from Peter Birro ever. I actually felt embarrassed watching it and it is so childish somehow. I doesn't capture the mood of the times or the country or even much of the styles in regards to fashion back then. The links to Morrissey is the title and some name dropping. I don't think Peter's brother Marcus will like being portrayed in this way but since they hate each other since many years and never speak to one another I guess Peter used this in a way to get back at his big brother. Cannot say Peter's productions have ever been particularly good but this belongs in the gutter and it's doubtful I will watch the 2 remaining episodes. The times have moved on but Peter remains stuck in the past. Gothenburg is not representative of Sweden at all and the majority of swedes from other parts of the country more or less despise the place and the people there.

Just watched the first episode and it is the worst production from Peter Birro ever. I actually felt embarrassed watching it and it is so childish somehow. I doesn't capture the mood of the times or the country or even much of the styles in regards to fashion back then. The links to Morrissey is the title and some name dropping. I don't think Peter's brother Marcus will like being portrayed in this way but since they hate each other since many years and never speak to one another I guess Peter used this in a way to get back at his big brother. Cannot say Peter's productions have ever been particularly good but this belongs in the gutter and it's doubtful I will watch the 2 remaining episodes. The times have moved on but Peter remains stuck in the past. Gothenburg is not representative of Sweden at all and the majority of swedes from other parts of the country more or less despise the place and the people there.

Oh stop being so precious. Just watched the last episode and it was a good little drama

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom