"Vauxhall And I" (Definitive Master) released (UK - June 2, 2014)

The 20th Anniversary Definitive Master of Vauxhall And I is released by Parlophone Records in the UK today, June 2, 2014.

vauxhall.jpg

Last edited:
Am I the only one getting a weird crackling sound on Speedway? This isn't happening on any other song (no matter how loudly I play it).

What medium is this? CD? Vinyl? Ripped tracks?

I ask because in the past, I've had weird popping/crackling on tracks I ripped from CD into iTunes. I've re-ripped those albums with an app called XLD and it fixed it.
XLD is a Mac-only app though, if I recall.

Yep, Ringleader sounds awful. Sonically it is all over the place. What happened? I can't believe Moz thought it sounded good at the time, and listening to it today on vinyl I am wondering what happened to the bass. Anyone have an y insights?:confused:

Agree that Ringleader sounds fairly horrible. The singles from this album that appeared the following year on "Greatest Hits" do sound somewhat better on that release.

Been listening to the remaster the last few days. As noted by others, you really need to listen closely to hear much of a difference overall. Slightly crisper feel on some tracks. "Billy Budd" sounds a bit punchier, in a good way. That's been played on repeat at top volume in the car. "Used to be a Sweet Boy" has also grabbed me in a way it hadn't previously.

The packaging is a bit ghetto.

The live CD is nice but really wish they had included "Speedway".

Mine arrived today.

pozeq.jpg

v7842c.jpg

2gx0doh.jpg

Someone linked to this in another thread so I felt compelled to add:

I got the vinyl and I think it looks swell. Mine didn’t come with a download so I also bought it on iTunes (same for the other recent reissues of Kill Uncle and Your Arsenal). I will say that of those, I like the way this was done most because they didn’t mess with the track list.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom