Under the Hood of Morrissey’s ‘World Peace...’ With Producer Joe Chiccarelli - Radio.com

Well, the bonus songs are obviously just the b-sides to the singles that never were..

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. Always useful. I believe Uncle Skinny's comment is referring to the possibility of actual B sides and justifiably so.

Do you not like the album? You should really let us all know, a lot, otherwise we might think you like it.

I saw The Smiths on their Queen is Dead tour and purchased the Smiths first record upon its release. I first heard This Charming Man at my college radio station where the DJ introduced them as an interesting new band from the UK. This record is as good as anything Morrissey has ever done without or without the Smiths. I think it is his best work to date. I'm not a Man is maybe the best song he has ever written. The record is simply fantastic and blows everyone off the map.

Thank you very much for sharing this, it's really interesting.

The production is just so damned good on this, really outshines YoR and even RotT in my opinion —*so I'm glad Joe C. is getting the chance to talk about it. This piece really paints Moz in the light that makes him who he is: he knows what he wants, and that's why the end result is always a cut above the rest, even if it may not always chalk up to what he's done in the past.

Saw the Smiths on their Queen is Dead Tour in DC. Bought their first record the day it came out. I heard This Charming Man come across my college radio station at the time the DJ introduced the Smiths as an interesting band from the UK. World Peace is possibly the best record the Moz has ever done. "I'm not a Man" is maybe the best song he has ever recorded bar none. This record blows everyone off the map and without question will go done as the best record of 2014!

I saw The Smiths on their first US tour in Philly- Meat is Murder.
And while I wouldn't say this is the best thing he's ever done - it is quite good.

So this means that Morrissey's lead guitarist is the third best guitarist in Morrissey's band. Assuming he is better than either of the Walkers. And Morrissey.

Sad, but probably true. I was actually thinking that this album might have been the one where Jesse really had begun to come through with the goods, but part of that was based on the flamenco guitar solo - which is revealed to be Gustavo. So maybe it's the album where Gustavo shines? Does anyone know who wrote the music for each of the tracks? I'm not sure if I've seen it anywhere. Some are obviously Boz - Istanbul...

whered they play in d.c.? just curious as i can only think of 9:30 for a band there size at that time here in the u.s.

Sad, but probably true. I was actually thinking that this album might have been the one where Jesse really had begun to come through with the goods, but part of that was based on the flamenco guitar solo - which is revealed to be Gustavo. So maybe it's the album where Gustavo shines? Does anyone know who wrote the music for each of the tracks? I'm not sure if I've seen it anywhere. Some are obviously Boz - Istanbul...

credits are on Passions Just Like Mine. Oboe & Mountjoy are also from Boz. Smiler came from Jesse. can't remember the others. Boz provided my fave comps. But credit to Gus - Earth is one of the catchiest songs I've heard in months.

That was an awesome read. I also echo the sentiment that Joe C. needs to produce his next album too.

441.jpg

I can't believe "Kiss me alot" was going to be a b-side, it's my favorite song on the record by far, incredibly catchy, very simple but definitely single material for me, I totally love it.

I can't believe "Kiss me alot" was going to be a b-side, it's my favorite song on the record by far, incredibly catchy, very simple but definitely single material for me, I totally love it.

"I'm Not A Man" really suffers from all that hissing and nothingness at the start. Joe Chiccarelli obviously had a gut feeling and should have cut the fat. Morrissey's stubbornness needs an assertive producer.

Though kudos to Chiccarelli for such a delicious mix.

Last edited:

I was surprised to read that too.

I can't remember which of the 50 reviews said this should be the summer single.. but this should be the summer single.

Not the most revealing interview I've ever read. Too much "they were really great and communicated well and understood Moz". I'd prefer photos of the recording booths, what they did in their spare time, when the tracks were written, what did everyone do while musician A was playing, etc. Did they have a post-recording party/dinner. And why the tracks from previous years (e.g. 'action is my middle name') seem to have disappeared off the face of the planet. Also, if Morrissey's direction for 'Istanbul' was "it needs to sound like Istanbul" then he wasn't exactly taxing himself.

"I'm Not A Man" really suffers from all that hissing and nothingness at the start. Joe Chiccarelli obviously had a gut feeling and should have cut the fat. Morrissey's stubbornness needs an assertive producer.

Though kudos to Chiccarelli for such a delicious mix.

Totally agree. Nobody wants to waste a minute and a half on a blast of nothingness. Especially if you're old school and like listening to the album in the car on a cd. That intro will probably cause a few crashes as people try to fast forward and go too far and then have to rewind and then before you know it the song plays and you're listening to it with your head through the windscreen. The sound of approaching ambulance makes you wonder "did they feckin put 'The youngest was the most loved" back on the new album??? Twats!". And then when you hear faint French incoherent dialogue you'll know you're dying for real.

i got a not found message just to let ya know. didnt want you to think people were just ignoring if no one replied

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom