Un-set the list

W

Wanda

Please somebody ask him nicely to change the set list before he gets to brixton. Maybe even the order?

seriously! You'd think he would WANT to spice it up a little. To have over 160 recorded songs (including the Smiths) PLUS B-Sides, covers, new songs etc... and to limit yourself to 17-18 songs for a whole tour is silly!! If I were in a band, I would have 2 or 3 different complete sets ready to go for a tour!

> Please somebody ask him nicely to change the set list before he gets to
> brixton. Maybe even the order?

Even 3 sets would made it possible to change the set. But what's wrong with the list, please? You need to know that I didn't take the chance to catch him up since that December day in 1997...

nothing is WRONG with the set for this tour, per say....People just want some VARIETY!

> Even 3 sets would made it possible to change the set. But what's wrong
> with the list, please? You need to know that I didn't take the chance to
> catch him up since that December day in 1997...

yes, that stupid 'take out your teeth' joke is dumb and makes no sense.

> I'm starting to suspect he's even rehearsed the ad-libs

> nothing is WRONG with the set for this tour, per say....People just want
> some VARIETY!

Have his shows ever had variety???? No. So you people need to qiut comlaining and move on. If it really bothers you that much, then don't go to the shows. Stay at home and make a mix tape of your ideal set-list, sing along with it and throw flowers around your room and pretend you are at his show. You can do this each day with a different tape, setlist according to your liking, and even rush your bed and hug the pillows until you are dragged away fighting, by your largest stuffed teddy.

But then the band would have to wake up occasionally and they'd miss out on their beauty sleep.

Ummm....actually no they have not. Even on different legs of the same tour, there are very little changes. Yes, I agree that some times they move the set list around a little, but generally the selection of songs stays the same during the entire tour, give or take a few songs. The first night of a tour is always more random, but generally, it's always the same. Name 1 tour where they did a different setlist every night? I have been to all of them with the exception of Boxers, and it's always the same.

I don't think people really expect TOTALLY different sets each night, but in past tours, there has been much more in the way of songs floating in-and-out than in this tour.

Examples, off the top of my head:

1991 Sister I'm A Poet, Alsatian Cousin, My Love Life, Preganant For The Last Time, I've changed My Plea To Guilty, plus others. Some shows had these songs, others did not

1997 Dagenham Dave, Edges Are No Longer..., Sunny, London, WDYFOFY, Hold Onto Your Friends, Do Your Best and Don't Worry, The Queen is Dead. These songs were not a part of every show, but occasionally (or once) popped up.

1999/2000 Sunny, Roys Keen, Trouble Loves Me, The More You Ignore Me. These songs were not "gaurentees." They floated in and out. Plus, halfway through the tour he mixed up the set by about 30%, adding Boxers, Shoplifters, Half A Person, Swallow on my neck, Ouigi Board, I Can Have Both and Hated For Loving.

This tour, with the exception of Mexico and/or Mauldin Street being dropped in favor of Irish Blood, every show has been exactly the same (first show and stupid cover of Nothing Rhymed notwithstanding.)

> Ummm....actually no they have not. Even on different legs of the same
> tour, there are very little changes. Yes, I agree that some times they
> move the set list around a little, but generally the selection of songs
> stays the same during the entire tour, give or take a few songs. The first
> night of a tour is always more random, but generally, it's always the
> same. Name 1 tour where they did a different setlist every night? I have
> been to all of them with the exception of Boxers, and it's always the
> same.

BOREISSEY

YESS!!! David Lee Morrissey or just call him BOREISSEY. His set list is dreadfully boring. He should be wanting to spice things up a bit. Guess his depression and medication fried his brain.

Table Dancer

> I'm starting to suspect he's even rehearsed the ad-libs

small correction: "The Edges are no longer parallel" was played a handful of times in 1999, not 1997. Probably just a typo on your part. Otherwise, this seems to be an accurate summary.

> I don't think people really expect TOTALLY different sets each night, but
> in past tours, there has been much more in the way of songs floating
> in-and-out than in this tour.

> Examples, off the top of my head:

> 1991 Sister I'm A Poet, Alsatian Cousin, My Love Life, Preganant For The
> Last Time, I've changed My Plea To Guilty, plus others. Some shows had
> these songs, others did not

> 1997 Dagenham Dave, Edges Are No Longer..., Sunny, London, WDYFOFY, Hold
> Onto Your Friends, Do Your Best and Don't Worry, The Queen is Dead. These
> songs were not a part of every show, but occasionally (or once) popped up.

> 1999/2000 Sunny, Roys Keen, Trouble Loves Me, The More You Ignore Me.
> These songs were not "gaurentees." They floated in and out.
> Plus, halfway through the tour he mixed up the set by about 30%, adding
> Boxers, Shoplifters, Half A Person, Swallow on my neck, Ouigi Board, I Can
> Have Both and Hated For Loving.

> This tour, with the exception of Mexico and/or Mauldin Street being
> dropped in favor of Irish Blood, every show has been exactly the same
> (first show and stupid cover of Nothing Rhymed notwithstanding.)

> Please somebody ask him nicely to change the set list before he gets to
> brixton. Maybe even the order?

Oh I totally agree.. At another 35 quid outlow the fans deserve the variety (as we'll all be pretty much the sam crowd as the RAH no doubt).. I'd want at least 3 different songs to be heard.. That isn't too much to ask Mr.Morrissey is it?? Come on be fair. Let's have some 'Now my heart is full', 'Billy Budd', or that glam version of 'Angel, Angel, Down we go together'.. Anything.

Or if I can dream, another Smiths cover.. 'Half A person'..

Ruffian

Re: The set obviously works, so why change??

Because when you follow a tour.. you want variety sunshine! Simple as that.

Re: How many people (other than Julia) actually follow the whole tour?

> Because when you follow a tour.. you want variety sunshine! Simple as
> that.

I'd give my eye teeth just to see Morrissey once this tour, so I have little patience for the camp followers who whine about the set lists..

Re: How many people (other than Julia) actually follow the whole tour?

even if you just follow the tour on the internet, its still nice to hear about some variety.

> I'd give my eye teeth just to see Morrissey once this tour, so I have
> little patience for the camp followers who whine about the set lists..