UK Chart Position statement - Morrissey Central (31 May, 2019)

UK Chart Position. - Morrissey Central
May 31, 2019

"Given the inexhaustible Hate Campaign executed against me by The Guardian and their followers, I am pleased with the UK chart position for "California son".
BUT WHO WILL GUARD US FROM THE GUARDIAN?
No one, it seems.

It is worth noting that their chief antagonist in this Hate Campaign is someone I took to court some years ago for writing lies about me. He lost his court battle then, and now he's seeking his personal revenge by using The Guardian, who have been harassing everyone and anyone connected with my music imploring them to say something terrible about me for print. This is the open face of Soviet Britain.
Please do not buy this wretched hate-paper, whose every 2019 utterance echoes the late Mary Whitehouse.
It is the voice of all that is wrong and sad about modern Britain."

MORRISSEY
31 May 2019.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/uk-chart-position

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top 10 for Morrissey, is not a success. Anywhere from #5-8 isn’t even a success. I said the other day, he averages a 3.5 chart position across his 11 previous studio albums. Some flop, but the majority easily make top 3. Infact 6 of his 11 albums have been top 3! Another two have been #4. That’s the bar. You should be judged against your biggest successes. You’re just another docile fan who’s stretching the parameters of mediocrity even further, till one day you’ll be saying, “how the f*** is top 40 not a success!”

For someone that doesn't like Moz these days, you sure do get anally retentive about this stuff.

victim. this statement is in line with the "victim"-philosophy of the new far right

t.robinson won only 2.2% of the votes @european elections last week in Manchester (HAHAHA!) but hey first thing he said he was a victim of ...

he forgot hat the Guardian readers were his core crowd.

Again, how many artists have had back to back success with UK top 10-albums for 35 years going? And how many artists that you are fan of?
It's really a simple question.

And you don't even take into account that it is a covers album. I've spoken many fans, on here and in the real world, who don't buy this one because it has no new original Moz-songs. So yes, top 10 is fine, top-5 is certainly a success.

Thewlis, if sales are 8k, that is total shit. There has been a massive poster campaign in the UK and the album has grossed 80k, which is a shocking return for BMG.

OK maybe enough now. Peter I really think you need to stop this for the sake of your mental health. We get it you don't like Morrissey anymore but mate, the sun is shining outside...go out for a nice walk or something. Put ya Bradford kit on and go for a kick about. I think 15 to 1 is on, make a brew, do sme charity work? take up knitting just do something, anything rather than sit dribbling at the computer waiting for a Moz story to be appear so you can reply with the same old same old. You are ill. We are worried about you Peter. Leave Morrissey solo once and for all.

A. Doctor

Skinny, this anon really does make a valid point. Obviously, you're free to do as you please etc but nobody can understand the efforts you go through for an artist you genuinely seem to despise. There are numerous artists that I've grown disinterested or disillusioned with, for varying reasons, and I certainly don't feel impelled to visit their respective online sites to pass comment on their latest activity because, well, I'm disinterested and disillusioned and there's more fish in the sea. There's just so much more to life.

Thewlis, if sales are 8k, that is total shit. There has been a massive poster campaign in the UK and the album has grossed 80k, which is a shocking return for BMG.

But there has also been a campaign of hate against him and some of those posters have been taken down and Spillers bannd the record .... can’t be too surprised if the album doesn’t do as well as it should.

I mean, you can’t blame the record itself, which is truly wonderful, to say the least.

I've also seen a TV advert for California Son or was I dreaming?

Skinny, this anon really does make a valid point. Obviously, you're free to do as you please etc but nobody can understand the efforts you go through for an artist you genuinely seem to despise. There are numerous artists that I've grown disinterested or disillusioned with, for varying reasons, and I certainly don't feel impelled to visit their respective online sites to pass comment on their latest activity because, well, I'm disinterested and disillusioned and there's more fish in the sea. There's just so much more to life.

I despise bigots and racists. It really is as simple as that. And I want to see bigots and racists realise the error of their ways. I have a load of stuff in my life, but one of my hobbies is calling out bigots and racists. Morrissey, with his pre-emptive strike is just finding out that bigotry doesn't sell. I'm amazed you even have to ask that. I despise bigots and racists. Morrissey belongs to that group. I will. Not. Stop.

But there has also been a campaign of hate against him and some of those posters have been taken down and Spillers bannd the record .... can’t be too surprised if the album doesn’t do as well as it should.

I mean, you can’t blame the record itself, which is truly wonderful, to say the least.

Aww, you said that was good publicity at the time. “f*** spillers, it’s their loss, fans will just buy it somewhere else”, I love how you mozbots make the most rapid of U-turns when things don’t pan out how you said they would. :lbf::lbf::lbf:

A couple of outlets mainly, the Guardian and NME have had a go at him, a couple of posters were taken down in Liverpool and 1 shop in Cardiff wouldn't stock it. There were also a number of positive reviews and and loads of posters all over the place. BGM must be seething - 80k return on all the investment they have made and if Morrissey is happy to be number 2 I'm pretty sure they won't be.

I despise bigots and racists. It really i
s as simple as that. And I want to see bigots and racists realise the error of their ways. I have a load of stuff in my life, but one of my hobbies is calling out bigots and racists. Morrissey, with his pre-emptive strike is just finding out that bigotry doesn't sell. I'm amazed you even have to ask that. I despise bigots and racists. Morrissey belongs to that group. I will. Not. Stop.

Ahab, have you read Moby Dick?

I despise bigots and racists. It really is as simple as that. And I want to see bigots and racists realise the error of their ways. I have a load of stuff in my life, but one of my hobbies is calling out bigots and racists. Morrissey, with his pre-emptive strike is just finding out that bigotry doesn't sell. I'm amazed you even have to ask that. I despise bigots and racists. Morrissey belongs to that group.

I get that and that's how it should be but Morrissey is simply not going to 'see the error of his ways' every time you 'call him out' on a fansite. How many times can you continue to say the same thing over and over? There must be more productive means of battling racism.

Last edited:
I get that and that's how it should be but Morrissey is simply not going to 'see the error of his ways' every time you 'call him out' on a fansite. How many times can you continue to say the same thing over and over? There just be more productive means of battling racism.
There are different ways. What I do here is one of them. And no one will stop me. No one.

officialcharts.com

Morrissey - California Son #2

“Over on the albums chart, Morrissey is on course to be this week’s highest new entry with his twelfth studio album California Son at Number 2, while Lewis Capaldi’s Divinely Uninspired To A Hellish Extent is heading for a second week at the top, outselling the Top 3 combined.”

I’m not shitting on anyone, I actually find it rather sad. If he hadn’t commented on politics and Tommy Robinson, he may have been enjoying a a well selling album and looking forward to a sold out UK tour this evening.

Giving how well Brexit did in the election and Nationalism across Europe, i think his support for Tommy or For Britain did little to effect sales

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom