TTY: The Bullfighter Dies - single

Re: TTY: The Bullfighter Dies / single

What makes them French Mixes per se? The entire album was recorded in France wasn't it?

I'm just asking rhetorically because it's a strange definition. Plus, why French mixes of deluxe disc songs and Smiler With Knife?

In other news I never got a refund from that Swedish site for those 7 inch vinyls that were never to materialise.

Rhetorical or not, I think the album was recorded in France but polished / finished / mastered or whatever, elsewhere. So the 'French' mixes are probably like rough mixes... Just a guess.

What makes them French Mixes per se? The entire album was recorded in France wasn't it?

I'm just asking rhetorically because it's a strange definition. Plus, why French mixes of deluxe disc songs and Smiler With Knife?

In other news I never got a refund from that Swedish site for those 7 inch vinyls that were never to materialise.

Was it mixed in France?

- - - Updated - - -

Yep...

There's another forum that I recently started to visit (not Moz related) and I often find myself shocked at how well conversation flows there. People actually stay on topic and act civil towards one another...Wow! Imagine that!

Is this ^ on topic?

Depends on what the 'insult' is. How do you define it? I thought for instance the linking of that paedo blog on this front page was pretty insulting. One-word insults for some reason don't seem to bother me. Cock, c***, wanker don't really move my dial, maybe they move yours. For instance when I read that years ago that Gary Day had (allegedly) carved the words 'die wanker' into Moz's front door I found that pretty funny, vandalism aside. Maybe he should've sent him a postcard instead :lbf:

LOL i dont have 'a dial'. im not a clone.

From what I've read in a couple of interviews with Chiccarelli the final mixes were done all over the place, and in a rush and a push to meet Harvet's iTunes release deadline.

JC was mixing in Los Angeles, Maxime le Guil was mixing at Fabrique (post-recording).

I seem to recall that he said there were at least 4 people mixing to meet the deadline (too many cooks?) Which would account for the other 2 mixer names listed on the single credits.

And all these miscellaneous mixes were being sent to Morrissey in London for a yay or nay.

Throw in the Harvest approval, and it sounds like utter chaos.

So I'm guessing that the 'French mixes' that have been listed are La Fabrique studio/monitor mixes that were done prior to that somewhat chaotic process.

That vomit sleeve lists the 'Scandinavia' 'French mix' as having been done by "Joe Chiccarelli at Studios La Fabrique, Saint-Rémy-de-Provence, France."

Strange that according to that amazon.fr listing 'One of our Own' is the only track not to have a 'French mix'. I think Moz may be confused again. The amazon listing has 'Scandinavia' as 'The Bullfighter Dies' b-side, and the tty scans bear this out.

It would be very interesting to hear differences between the songs, fresh from residential recording and after a manic trans-atlantic mixing process.

I'm sure they will see the light of day sometime.

Surface I only post on here so what have you exactly done to discredit me ?
Disappointed.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

That's not true. You only post here as BBB but you post on lots other sites too. You are easy to trace and
have many more followers than you think.

Sweetie, this site is hosted in the US. And that is a good thing for you. Otherwise your 'C' word usage could be considered hate speech in the UK and elsewhere.

In the UK, "the C word" is heard as often as "shit" is heard in the US.

Your anglophile credentials continue to provoke chortles.

Oh it is true, and I can tell you with all authority that I only post here, maybe someone is trying to make you think it's me ! (Ignore them and don't bother wasting your precious time)
I have no followers either, I'm not here to be followed, we are all in charge of our own destiny, never let anybody tell you any different. And I never do racist.

From what I've read in a couple of interviews with Chiccarelli the final mixes were done all over the place, and in a rush and a push to meet Harvet's iTunes release deadline.

JC was mixing in Los Angeles, Maxime le Guil was mixing at Fabrique (post-recording).

I seem to recall that he said there were at least 4 people mixing to meet the deadline (too many cooks?) Which would account for the other 2 mixer names listed on the single credits.

And all these miscellaneous mixes were being sent to Morrissey in London for a yay or nay.

Throw in the Harvest approval, and it sounds like utter chaos.

So I'm guessing that the 'French mixes' that have been listed are La Fabrique studio/monitor mixes that were done prior to that somewhat chaotic process.

That vomit sleeve lists the 'Scandinavia' 'French mix' as having been done by "Joe Chiccarelli at Studios La Fabrique, Saint-Rémy-de-Provence, France."

Strange that according to that amazon.fr listing 'One of our Own' is the only track not to have a 'French mix'. I think Moz may be confused again. The amazon listing has 'Scandinavia' as 'The Bullfighter Dies' b-side, and the tty scans bear this out.

It would be very interesting to hear differences between the songs, fresh from residential recording and after a manic trans-atlantic mixing process.

I'm sure they will see the light of day sometime.

That makes sense. I had no idea the album was mixed in LA.

Oh it is true, and I can tell you with all authority that I only post here, maybe someone is trying to make you think it's me ! (Ignore them and don't bother wasting your precious time)
I have no followers either, I'm not here to be followed, we are all in charge of our own destiny, never let anybody tell you any different. And I never do racist.

Benny, when are we going to get page 2 of the diary?

That makes sense. I had no idea the album was mixed in LA.

As Smiler With Knife is my favourite track I really want to hear this alternate mix!

This single set the world on fire and will go down in musical history.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom