TTY: Morrissey to be interviewed by Larry King (Aug. 17. 2015)

Re: TTY: Larry King

Morrissey will be interviewed by famed American television host Larry King on August 17th. Larry King has conducted over 30,000 television interviews. Mr King hosted Larry King Live at CNN for 25 years, and also wrote a column for USA Today for 20 years. He has received ten Cable ACE Awards and two Peabody Awards, and he has been inducted into the National Radio Hall of Fame, the Broadcasters Hall of Fame, and is a recipient of the Golden Mike Award for Lifetime Achievement.

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_150731_02

wow so i didnt expect that. should be great

Morrissey will be interviewed by famed American television host Larry King on August 17th. Larry King has conducted over 30,000 television interviews. Mr King hosted Larry King Live at CNN for 25 years, and also wrote a column for USA Today for 20 years. He has received ten Cable ACE Awards and two Peabody Awards, and he has been inducted into the National Radio Hall of Fame, the Broadcasters Hall of Fame, and is a recipient of the Golden Mike Award for Lifetime Achievement.

Is this a first for moz? Isn't Larry radio?

Morrissey in a TV interview. It has been ages

Recently Morrissey claimed his activities didn't constitute a Career yet here he is boasting, show-boating of Trophy Interviewer coup, and all the rest of it. It's an excellent pairing but quite unnecessary to provide Larry King's entire CV to advertise this. I'm sure even Larry King will stick to the Legendary Icon script and won't challenge him on his Cheesetarianism. Morrissey is now just another useless figure on the lower reaches of Mount Olympus. It must sting and grate him to accept this, hence the need to ensure his Herd Culture Fans realise just how 'significant' Larry King is/was. I'd like to see John Oliver interview him as he's a BrummieBoy and *might* have some surprise questions....LOL!

best
GoBB

- - - Updated - - -

Read. Think. Then post a comment that isn't entirely redundant: "Larry King has conducted over 30,000 television interviews."

best
GoBB

Morrissey has been on a roll these last few days extending the tour until eternity,molested at the airport and now a sit-down with the legendary ( and suprisingly not dead yet) Larry King. What's next for dear Steven? A "diss tape"?? One can only hope and who will he target, the list is long after all.

The show is allowing suggestions for questions to ask him.
See here for details:
http://www.ora.tv/larrykingnow/article/2015/7/30/morrissey
Regards,
FWD

"Are you Vegan now or still a Cheesetarian Crank-Fraud?"

best
Joan Rivers posing as "BrummieBoy"

Edit: We've just submitted a question asking if Morrissey is Vegan or Vegetarian and if he considers that 'Milk Is Murder' too. Don't expect Larry King to risk asking it, but if he does, expect full-on Diva Strop. Which would be EPIC!

Last edited:

wow didn't expect that. should be great

Larry King - true-to-you.net
31 July 2015

Famous when dead posted the link:

What Would You Ask Morrissey? - Ora
Larry King will be welcoming Morrissey to our studio next week & we want your questions!

Excerpt:

Larry King will be welcoming former frontman of "The Smiths", Morrissey to Larry King Now - what do you want to know? Submit your questions in the form below for a chance to have your question asked on 'Larry King Now'

And be sure to sign up for show updates to find out if Larry King asks your question on this upcoming episode of 'Larry King Now' & don’t forget *NEW* episodes of “Larry King Now” are posted at 2PM ET online - but you can watch them after they premiere online anytime on Ora.TV & Hulu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very refreshing that we are going to see a sit down tv interview with moz, like the good old days :) but morrissey please for godsake keep the controversial statements light, Larry is in his 80s you might give him a heartattack :rofl:

larry kings does late night infomercials. a new low for poor moz.

- - - Updated - - -

what is ora tv? larry king is about 80 years old i doubt he even knows who moz is.

I've watched a couple of Larry's recent interviews.

They blow.

If he doesn't know who you are, he is not interested and asks very trite surface level questions, which will be perfect for Moz.

larry kings does late night infomercials. a new low for poor moz.

- - - Updated - - -

what is ora tv? larry king is about 80 years old i doubt he even knows who moz is.
He may not, but I assume he tends to keep upto date atleast a little bit considering his job. i mean he hasn't been 80 his whole life.

Sell out tours, receiving awards here there and everywhere, Larry King waiting in the wings to interview him, and yet the useless record companies still stay away. Surely there are enough sane and like-minded people like us to justify a record deal. Are all those so-called fans too cheap to buy a CD or too lazy to stray from their keyboards where they download everything for free? Modern radio is unlistenable. I'd prefer to hear static coming from my speakers.

I've watched a couple of Larry's recent interviews.

They blow.

If he doesn't know who you are, he is not interested and asks very trite surface level questions, which will be perfect for Moz.

I actually find his disinterest funny. He's the epitome of no f***s given when he's not into it.

I'd like to see Moz have a chat with Tom Ashbrook or Charlie Rose.

Larry King is a very bad interviewer.

I remember once he was interviewing a guy who lost his child and he told him, "Paul Newman told me you never get over it!"

Please everybody submit good questions that strike enough of a balance between "actually interesting" and "stuff larry or his people would actually go for" for them to get picked. I just watched a segment of Larry interviewing Jenna Marbles and her dog and it was awful, as if that guest billing wasn't already enough of a clue just on paper. You could tell he would rather have been discussing fiber or naps. He will never come up with good questions. He wouldn't be able do that with a normal person at this point by the looks of it and he definitely isn't equipped to make it through Morrissey's prickly minefield of disdain. And Morrissey won't play ball with nonsense - if he gets offended or annoyed, he'll just wind up making himself look bad.

But a few questions of semi-substance, hopefully not the usual soapbox triggers, could make the difference and get him talking in an interesting way about things that aren't the usual broken records. I'd love to hear this interview be about anything other than the usual meat, royals, politics, and record industry villains.

Put on your thinking caps

if you wanted to do solo a slight favor you could have him ask how he feels about the sites popularity just sayin. might be fun as hes probably gonna be asked about the recent court case and it has a connection.

"Larry King Now" is an online podcast that nobody watches. They kicked him off CNN years ago and replaced him with Piers Morgan who is also now gone.

Last edited:
Sell out tours, receiving awards here there and everywhere, Larry King waiting in the wings to interview him, and yet the useless record companies still stay away. Surely there are enough sane and like-minded people like us to justify a record deal. Are all those so-called fans too cheap to buy a CD or too lazy to stray from their keyboards where they download everything for free? Modern radio is unlistenable. I'd prefer to hear static coming from my speakers.

lmao such an hyperbole.

Firstof all, currently most of his concerts are at small venues and even if they are at big arenas, i know some artists who can be considered a nostalgic act, like some people consider moz and they also sell out big places. Also, remember Firefly?? sometimes i think Morrissey isn't as popular as we would like to believe. I've noticed that a lot of young Moz fans only care about young Moz, which is a shame :(

Secondly, like anybody care about those awards. Most of them have to do with animal causes, so i doubt anyone really care about those awards js

Also, Larry King isn't the same he used to be in terms or relevance and in terms of being respected. He recently interview Jenna Marbles ffs. How low can u get.

I'm sorry but Larry is a terrible interviewer. Most of his interviews are so awkward to watch

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom