TTY: Morrissey schedule (CA, AZ, TX dates; photomontage of Huey Newton by SER)

Morrissey schedule - true-to-you.net
6 February 2017

Saturday April 8
SANTA ANA, CA / WWWY Festival
Monday April 10
TUCSON, AZ / Fox Tucson Theatre
Wednesday April 12
SAN ANTONIO, TX / Tobin Center for the Performing Arts
Friday April 14
HOUSTON, TX / White Oak Music Hall
Saturday April 15
DALLAS, TX / Majestic Theatre

photomontage of Huey Newton by Sam Esty Rayner.

39615_unnamed_3_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Would love to see a new song but i said the same as Gordy before so I'll sa the same as he now. I do think it a better hope to see maybe a reshuffling of the older stuff. I'd live to hear more from maladjusted like trouble loves me ambitious outsiders along with alma matters or maybe more from swords and bona drag. As for record store day who knows at this point. The image of world peace in the pic does give me hope for the reissue after the original estimatied date passed without word but who knows. Could be the talked about seven inch could be the skeptical twelve inch

Using the co-founder of the black panther party as a tour announcement? Is that the same as putting the founder of the KKK in the photo? Or is ok since he is not white? Honest question.....

Whomever you are SER you are representing Morrissey and just let me say, not putting him in the best light. Your photos are racist, sexist and less about art than you think. Please stop...even the kindest people have this wonderful dream...

Wonder if he'll get up to Chicago, Cleveland, and Detroit, who were also cancelled in Nov/Dec. And then maybe into Boston, where he hasn't played in a few years.

http://www.whenwewereyoung.net/

MORRISSEY
AFI DESCENDENTS
CAGE THE ELEPHANT TAKING BACK SUNDAY FIDLAR ALKALINE TRIO
SILVERSUN PICKUPS DR. DOG STREETLIGHT MANIFESTO
FOXYGEN JOYCE MANOR THE GET UP KIDS SAVES THE DAY
BEACH FOSSILS CHOKING VICTIM MOUNT EERIE THE FRIGHTS
BALANCE AND COMPOSURE HOMESHAKE TURNSTILE
DAVID BAZAN PINBACK TIJUANA PANTHERS TOGETHER PANGEA SHEER MAG
SET YOUR GOALS SUNFLOWER BEAN CAT SIGNS MOVING UNITS
SADGIRL THE BUTTERTONES PLAGUE VENDOR NO PARENTS THE REGRETTES

Wow that would be amazing. Morrissey and the descendants on the same bill. Also alkaline trio and the get up kids. Must be after the blink tour with the naked and famous and wavves as I think that's soon to so Matts gonna be tied up for a while. Maybe it works around it. Saves the day fidlar choking victim and balance and composure would be awesome to see to. I really liked balance and composures last one

WWWY Festival - should be renamed the Observatory OC parking lot festival. There is essentially no "Observatory Grounds", google the venue, it's next door to a medical office building. The Observatory OC has attempted to have "festivals" before, and as notorious as they are when they double book (when have they NOT double book), this is going to be a disaster in the making. There is no field or grounds for the Observatory OC to label as such. They are in a business district of office buildings and warehouses.

They already have one show taking place INSIDE the main room at the venue, they usually have two, the main hall and the ballroom. It's going to be a hot mess. Look up reviews for the most recent "edition" of the Beach Goth Festival. horrible security, parking is atrocious already, but now that the festival takes place on the little league baseball field size parking lot.

or how about, at least initially speaking of course, the standard two day pass. Um, I am sure the venue and/or maybe the promoter know/knew that most people wont go both days, but their looking to maximize profit, by artist list alone, it's a desperate attempt at promotional ambiguity. #BARF :sick:

and the elephant in the room, do you think the festival is going to abide by Morrissey's No Meat policy? They had trouble with that when he played the main hall inside the venue. a definite HOT MESS is brewing for this festival.

Thank You kindly for posting that google earth shot; it sent shivers down my spine. Queue memories...

Oh Santa Ana, so much to answer for ~

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...-2014-post-show.130782/page-4#post-1986835783

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...-2014-post-show.130782/page-4#post-1986835785

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/santa-ana-ca-the-observatory-may-8-2014-post-show.130782/page-4#post-1986835787

...í worshipped at the shrine of Santa Ana.

But even i'd think thrice about a car park ;)

Still can't get over how good the set list is. Just realized pinback is in there along with Joyce manor. Wonder if he'll do the long intro again with the imperfect list footage after the blowback from riot fest. I'm sure Davey havok is excited about morrissey

Great to see he's still planning live dates and I hope the photo montage means the reissue is still forthcoming.
I know what you mean but its a bit dodgy us having any interest in a reissue of a CD we already have. Surely there is other music out there more worthy of our money than the same thing again with just a different cover. Feck that.

Using the co-founder of the black panther party as a tour announcement? Is that the same as putting the founder of the KKK in the photo? Or is ok since he is not white? Honest question.....

Whomever you are SER you are representing Morrissey and just let me say, not putting him in the best light. Your photos are racist, sexist and less about art than you think. Please stop...even the kindest people have this wonderful dream...

The Black Panthers are not the equivalent of the KKK. People who think like that are the reason why Donald Trump was able to steal the U.S. election. America (my country that I love), was built on genocide (see "My County 'Tis of Thy People You're Dying" by Buffie-Sainte Marie, one of Morrissey's favorites) and the enslavement of black people. After the failure of Reconstruction, the Jim Crow era, and the assassination of Civil Rights leaders and the limitations on what Civil Rights was able to achieve (Malcolm X and Martin Luther King were in basic agreement at the end of their lives), the Black Panther party was a radical and revolutionary response. Whatever you think of their methods, they are not the f***ing KKK!!

About the choice of the Huey Newton image:

Another sign of Morrissey's interest in revolutionary black icons (note the post about Moz seeing the James Baldwin movie last week), and not just gay ones as was suggested (although I admit that this image of Newton is homoerotic!). BTW, SER is not posting these images without Moz's approval.

It was also interesting when SER posted (then removed when the show fell through) this a while back:

"Morrissey is planning a big end-of-tour Saturday night at Oakland Auditorium where all of M's heroes - Martin Luther King, James Baldwin, Angela Davis, Huey Newton - gave famous speeches. Oakland was also the first city to go up in flames once the Trump Tragedy had been announced. Be there or be square."

It is not surprising that Moz would be attracted to Huey Newton of all the Black Panthers. He is the most violently romantic of the Panthers, and he has movie-star good looks. Moz has always been attracted to violent and romantic figures on the fringe of society (Kray brothers anyone?), and Huey definitely fits the bill!

" Access to pit area directly in front of Main Stage"

So the only way to be in the Pit is to buy the VIP ($275) ticket?

There is no pre-sale for Tucson, AZ.
(Only for Fox Tucson Theatre Members after midday on the 8th).
Public tickets on the 10th.
Thanks to Rosy for the info.
FWD.
Oh, and membership is $75!

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom