TTY: 'More Morrissey' (Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago in November); El Paso cancelled

More Morrissey - true-to-you.net
24 October 2016

Wednesday
November 23 DETROIT Royal Oak Music Theatre
Friday November 25 CLEVELAND State Theatre
Sunday November 27 CHICAGO Aragon Ballroom

As mentioned by an anonymous person below, El Paso, TX on Nov. 23 was previously announced.

UPDATE 7:50 AM PT:

El Paso appears to be cancelled 'due to a scheduling conflict' according to the post by El Paso Live / Facebook, screenshot from Uncleskinny.

39268_screenshot_20161023_192101.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
well the good news is that i got some halva! (to aid my song writing abilities). *ahem* the finished product:

there's a guy in the grocery store
where rifke lives
who likes to think that he's me;
rifke, sometimes, pretends to believe him
"isnt delusion," she says
"far better than reality?"

oh, but he'll never have my eyebrow ridge
and he doesnt even own a blazer
and rifke knows comparing me to him
is comparing hyperion to a satyr

oh yes, rifke knows...
rifke knows...

and rifke should know
(because she's so smart)
rifke should know
(yeah, she's pretty smart)

rifke's a girl who sends me letters
(will it never end?)
"one day", she thinks, "it'll all be worth it
when moz and i finally go shopping
for blazers at selfridges
liberty, brown and harrods".

oh but i know it'll never happen
and rifke knows it too
im my own man, and as such i never do
just whatever fans want me to

because im not oprah
no, truth be told, im not oprah

and rifke should know
that im not oprah
oh yeah, rifke can shove it
because im not oprah

so she says to her grocery man
"meathead, lets go shopping,
blazers are here required
in pursuit of verissimilitude ."
"but how can blazers" he says
"show off this physique i've acquired?"

and rifke despairs
because he'll never have my brilliant wit
and comparing me to him

but rifke knows
that im not oprah
oh yeah rifke knows
(because she's so smart)

and you dont get a car
and you dont get a car
and you dont get a car
and you dont get a car
and you're not going blazer shopping
because im not oprah

So will Gerrit not give a gurgling rendition of this lovely poesy of yours ?

well the good news is that i got some halva! (to aid my song writing abilities). *ahem* the finished product:

there's a guy in the grocery store
where rifke lives
who likes to think that he's me;
rifke, sometimes, pretends to believe him
"isnt delusion," she says
"far better than reality?"

oh, but he'll never have my eyebrow ridge
and rifke knows comparing me to him

oh yes, rifke knows...
rifke knows...

and rifke should know
(because she's so smart)
rifke should know
(yeah, she's pretty smart)

rifke's a girl who sends me letters
(will it never end?)
"one day", she thinks, "it'll all be worth it
when moz and i finally go shopping
for blazers at selfridges
liberty, brown and harrods".

oh but i know it'll never happen
and rifke knows it too
im my own man, and as such i never do
just whatever fans want me to

because im not oprah
no, truth be told, im not oprah

and rifke should know
that im not oprah
oh yeah, rifke can shove it
because im not oprah

so she says to her grocery man
"meathead, lets go shopping,
blazers are here required
in pursuit of verissimilitude ."
"but how can blazers" he says
"show off this physique i've acquired?"

and rifke despairs
because he'll never have my brilliant wit
and comparing me to him

but rifke knows
that im not oprah
oh yeah rifke knows
(because she's so smart)

and you dont get a car
and you dont get a car
and you dont get a car
and you dont get a car
and you're not going blazer shopping
because im not oprah

That's great. Now I'm going to the kiosco to get some bars of the local version of halva (made with peanut butter), which in fact is my favorite all time candy.

Last edited:
lol i think he was hoping it would go in a different direction :D

No, not at all Rifke.
I still think the basic idea for the song is very good and original.
The second version is a bit too long if you allow me to say so. Please.
I'm just looking at in way of how to make a good song about it with respect to " how to build up a song, and song structure". And to be as true to the original idea as possible.
I have to consider refrain and verse. What comes first?
There are many possibilities. Start with verse, than the refrain which can be altered a little bit the second time but not too much.
Than there is the verse. You can repeat the verse or you can make a second and even a third one. You can start with the refrain.
I learned from Moz he makes his own rules with that but you can only do that if you are very much aware of them. Which he does.
It allows him maximum freedom and he uses it well.
I will need to communicate with you about the ins and outs of the lyrics cause I can only try and create the song if the basic idea has not been changed too much.

No, not at all Rifke.
I still think the basic idea for the song is very good and original.
The second version is a bit too long if you allow me to say so. Please.
I'm just looking at in way of how to make a good song about it with respect to " how to build up a song, and song structure". And to be as true to the original idea as possible.
I have to consider refrain and verse. What comes first?
There are many possibilities. Start with verse, than the refrain which can be altered a little bit the second time but not too much.
Than there is the verse. You can repeat the verse or you can make a second and even a third one. You can start with the refrain.
I learned from Moz he makes his own rules with that but you can only do that if you are very much aware of them. Which he does.
It allows him maximum freedom and he uses it well.
I will need to communicate with you about the ins and outs of the lyrics cause I can only try and create the song if the basic idea has not been changed too much.
wow, im getting strong flashbacks to that scene in amadeus where the emperor tells an aghast mozart that his opera (or whatever) is too long and has to be shortened. i mean im not saying that im mozart or anything but...let's just say that the song was placed in my hands in it's entirety but the muse herself. i dont feel like it's my place to go hacking away at a near perfect art form *shrug* :(

admit it, you just dont want to sing about oprah.:p

wow, im getting strong flashbacks to that scene in amadeus where the emperor tells an aghast mozart that his opera (or whatever) is too long and has to be shortened. i mean im not saying that im mozart or anything but...let's just say that the song was placed in my hands in it's entirety but the muse herself. i dont feel like it's my place to go hacking away at a near perfect art form *shrug* :(

admit it, you just dont want to sing about oprah.:p

That too.
But, Amadeus, we're talking about lyrics here and I would only make any amendments whatsoever after consulting you of course!
This out of respect to the owner of the idea.
And that would be you. :)

That too.
But, Amadeus, we're talking about lyrics here and I would only make any amendments whatsoever after consulting you of course!
This out of respect to the owner of the idea.
And that would be you. :)
fine! ill rewrite it! yet again! tomorrow! ugh, i take back what i said. song writing is hard. i have lost the lust for it. all i wanted was a song where moz and oprah could be wedded in lyrical bliss, but apparently that was too much to ask for :(

fine! ill rewrite it! yet again! tomorrow! ugh, i take back what i said. song writing is hard. i have lost the lust for it. all i wanted was a song where moz and oprah could be wedded in lyrical bliss, but apparently that was too much to ask for :(

No, no, no, you don't have to rewrite!
And I don't want you to lose your lust for writing it self!
If I would work on it and give you my results would you consider to read it, and use your red pencil and I would get back with another version? If it is too much work or you don't like any amendments that's okay. I can understand. Than it would be just a very nice poem.

No, no, no, you don't have to rewrite!
And I don't want you to lose your lust for writing it self!
If I would work on it and give you my results would you consider to read it, and use your red pencil and I would get back with another version? If it is too much work or you don't like any amendments that's okay. I can understand. Than it would be just a very nice poem.
haha, go ahead, if you really think there's any salvaging it. personally i had given up by the time i had decided to include oprah. sure, let's make it a collaborative effort! could be fun! your turn, then!

haha, go ahead, if you really think there's any salvaging it. personally i had given up by the time i had decided to include oprah. sure, let's make it a collaborative effort! could be fun! your turn, then!

No Oprah than okay? ;)

sounds good. oprah is not a particularly poetic subject.

Because this site is getting very addictive and I noticed I am starting to neglect some other important priorities, give me some time before I get back to you with my suggestions for a great song in the making! I will need to put this tablet aside and concentrate on this songwriting! I won't forget though to sign on after a couple of days!
Thanks for your patience in advance.

I hope you are not someone who states that patience is a virtue, yes, especially for donkeys! Cause I like donkeys so much so and I don't mind to be reincarnated into a donkey if I had a choice.

Because this site is getting very addictive and I noticed I am starting to neglect some other important priorities, give me some time before I get back to you with my suggestions for a great song in the making! I will need to put this tablet aside and concentrate on this songwriting! I won't forget though to sign on after a couple of days!
Thanks for your patience in advance.

I hope you are not someone who states that patience is a virtue, yes, especially for donkeys! Cause I like donkeys so much so and I don't mind to be reincarnated into a donkey if I had a choice.
i dont recall ever having stated that, so nope, i dont think i am! :p

okay, i will give you a few days, but you had better not forget to come back, or i will be a sad bunny:(

i dont recall ever having stated that, so nope, i dont think i am! :p

okay, i will give you a few days, but you had better not forget to come back, or i will be a sad bunny:(

Please don't say that. :tears:
Whenever a woman or a girl said that to me I got so nervous and sad that to get her happy again I'd do anything she wanted. :rolleyes:
Against my own wishes. Ahem.

I am a softie when it comes to that.
With women I am a pussy, with men I am a dog. A Staffordshire bull terrier. Playful but not to be messed around with.
Well, maybe better that way than the other way around I guess. :eek:

I now find myself on this site again due to your post.
Just kidding. I needed to logon again to find the lyrics as well but now I am on this site and not working on the lyrics. :oops:

I need some inspiration so gonna listen to some music.
Cheers Rifke :thumb:

Please don't say that. :tears:
Whenever a woman or a girl said that to me I got so nervous and sad that to get her happy again I'd do anything she wanted. :rolleyes:
Against my own wishes. Ahem.

I am a softie when it comes to that.
With women I am a pussy, with men I am a dog. A Staffordshire bull terrier. Playful but not to be messed around with.
Well, maybe better that way than the other way around I guess. :eek:

I now find myself on this site again due to your post.
Just kidding. I needed to logon again to find the lyrics as well but now I am on this site and not working on the lyrics. :oops:

I need some inspiration so gonna listen to some music.
Cheers Rifke :thumb:
what if i like being sad though? i do, rather.

and here i am again too! actually im trying to work on something else, but i am soooooo lazy about getting started. sigh.

whenever i need inspiration to write something i read aloud to myself. i find it to be a good primer: reading and hearing the words at the same time. gets my brain working anyway. though music is good too!

okay, cheers gerrit!

what if i like being sad though? i do, rather.

and here i am again too! actually im trying to work on something else, but i am soooooo lazy about getting started. sigh.

whenever i need inspiration to write something i read aloud to myself. i find it to be a good primer: reading and hearing the words at the same time. gets my brain working anyway. though music is good too!

okay, cheers gerrit!

Yes, I know what you mean about feeling sad.
Strange though, don't you think so too, there are more kinds of feeling sad than one? I like that. I think you refer to a melancholic feeling which is a different kind of sad or maybe not sad at all.

And than there are feelings like homesickness, nostalgia, longing which could be seen, as some do, as feeling sad too.

I am still reading List of the Lost.
Much better than I thought, considering all what's been said about it.
It's ALL what has been said about it but even a lot more.
It is a kind of a unique novel.
I am now halfway cause I have to read it not to fast. The English he uses is not that easy for me to understand immediately.
But I know for sure everything that is there to read is on purpose and very strictly composed as well as the use of the language.

There are of course very funny bits, which seem to have escaped many reviewers. And they didn't mention the well written, very ghostly and horrific and horrible parts. It can be really creepy and gets under your skin.

I can't imagine you won't like it.

Last edited:
Yes, I know what you mean about feeling sad.
Strange though, don't you think so too, there are more kinds of feeling sad than one? I like that. I think you refer to a melancholic feeling which is a different kind of sad or maybe not sad at all.

And than there are feelings like homesickness, nostalgia, longing which could be seen, as some do, as feeling sad too.

I am still reading List of the Lost.
Much better than I thought, considering all what's been said about it.
It's ALL what has been said about it but even a lot more.
It is a kind of a unique novel.
I am now halfway cause I have to read it not to fast. The English he uses is not that easy for me to understand immediately.
But I know for sure everything that is there to read is on purpose and very strictly composed as well as the use of the language.

There are of course very funny bits, which seem to have escaped many reviewers. And they didn't mention the well written, very ghostly and horrific and horrible parts. It can be really creepy and gets under your skin.

I can't imagine you won't like it.
sadness of any kind doesnt bother me. or it does, but theres always a poetic element to be found in it that makes it worth it. when i was little i used to fantasize about being a widow just so that i could go about my days as a mournful figure. oddly, im not even a goth. i find that only things which assault my senses really bother me. i can handle feelings.

i cant imagine i wouldnt like list of the lost either. in fact im confident that i will like it. i think the problem with the reviews is that the general reading public doesnt have a very open mind. the only reason i've put it off, well there are two actually, is that im not very ambitious when it comes to reading, and there still doesnt seem to be anywhere here that i can buy it. what kind of discrimination is that? so i guess ill just have to go to amazon or somewhere and order it.

sadness of any kind doesnt bother me. or it does, but theres always a poetic element to be found in it that makes it worth it. when i was little i used to fantasize about being a widow just so that i could go about my days as a mournful figure. oddly, im not even a goth. i find that only things which assault my senses really bother me. i can handle feelings.

i cant imagine i wouldnt like list of the lost either. in fact im confident that i will like it. i think the problem with the reviews is that the general reading public doesnt have a very open mind. the only reason i've put it off, well there are two actually, is that im not very ambitious when it comes to reading, and there still doesnt seem to be anywhere here that i can buy it. what kind of discrimination is that? so i guess ill just have to go to amazon or somewhere and order it.

Yes, you are being victomized. I would be angry too! :swear
It's nice to have something in the back of your mind to look out to.
To sort of anticipate; you will read it at the time that suits you.

Breaking news 1:
Bieber has bought himself an apartment in Amsterdam for 23 million euro right in the middle of the centre. :barf:

Breaking news 2:
It is believed the bed from Vincent van Gogh is still existing and might be around somewhere here in The Netherlands. Everybody is now searching for it. It just might turn up and than everybody starts discussing if it is genuine! And a lot of money will be involved and they wiil go all apeshit just like here on the marketplace forum.
:lbf:
Such a beautiful painting! :thumb:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom