tty ~ 'Kill Uncle' to be raised from the dead!

Not surprising news given that he's been slowly reissuing other albums. But still, welcome news on a Tuesday...

It will be interesting to see if Pashernate Love will still finish abruptly, or whether East West will be different to the original b-side.

Has the live version of There is a Place ever been heard / released before? Without PJLM I'm lost when it comes to working out this sort of stuff.

Dave

i wonder what would sell more..a reissue of playboys with a new photo or a single release of Action is my middle name?

Is it just me, Or is 'Action', especially the chorus, remarkably similar to 'Paris' in structure and chords? Slap me if I'm preaching to the choir here.

P.

I am one of the few who enjoys Kill Uncle as it is, but from what I see with these re-issues/remastering, I can't help thinking that, thanks God, Morrissey was not involved in The Smiths remastering.

i wonder what would sell more..a reissue of playboys with a new photo or a single release of Action is my middle name?

It depends on if 'Action Is My Middle Name' is a studio recording with two B-sides...

my worst nightmare has come true, the shittest album is trying to climb it's way out of the hole! WHAT.THE.f***...this album just needs to die(no offense to those who love this album that are regular poster but to anons f*** you). to this day i refuse to put it on my itunes since it just stinks up the place. UGH...UGGGHHH.

yLdBb.gif

Also...can people already shut up with the paint the vulgar picture references...we get it. It was witty and cool the first time but after countless remasters it gets annoying.

'Action' by a mile. It would be a new Morrissey single, it's half decent, and would therefore get played by Radio 2 and reach the top 30. Playboys will probably get ignored (as all his other rereleased singles) and miss the top 75.

Pashernate Love is in the right place (it was first unveiled from memory in Leicester in Oct 1991 on the second leg of the 'KILL UNCLE' tour. so sorry guys for me its definitely in the right place. I would have liked to have seen a 2nd Disc of rarities like the 1991 Hammersmith Odeon show, so many good bootlegs from that tour or one of the live videos that EMI have stored away. Maybe another missed opportunity. who knows.
BTW, Skylarker please remove the very offensive picture from your post. You are simply not funny.

Also...can people already shut up with the paint the vulgar picture references...we get it. It was witty and cool the first time but after countless remasters it gets annoying.

This. :rolleyes:

I think the slight change in the tracklisting is intriguing, especially the final track being the superlative self-parody of I'm The End Of The Family Line. (he did it so much better then!) I assume the inclusion of the two extra tracks is too give it some padding as one of the main criticisms on its original release was its lack of playing time; was it really a Long Player? (The Orb released Blue Room as a 40 minute single a year later!)

But I am perplexed as to why My Love Life or I've Changed My Plea To Guilty have been usurped in favour of Pashernate Love and East West. Although I believe Pashernate Love was written during the Kill Uncle tour and preimered, as a live song, in the UK tour of Sep/ Oct 1991?

But (like everyone else) I'm even more intrigued by inclusion of the new tracks on the remastered LOTFIP single. What does it all mean? (arrgh I've just realised thats the first time I've ever used an acronym for a Moz song)

And Sing Your Life, Mute Witness, Driving Your Girlfriend Home and Alf Wank are great songs let down by the complete shite of homeless chihuahuas, finding folks in murkiness and Churchillian legs, with hair barely there:) So all in all another patchy Moz album! Plus ca change...

The only reason why I'm still fond of Kill Unlce as an album is based purely in nostalgia as it is the first new Morrissey studio album I purchased. The anticipation of waiting, the perusal of the cover art and the poring over the lyrics sheet on the bus home and then straight up to the bedroom excusing the usual teenage self-flagellation to listen intently. At least 10 times. (well it was only 33 mins!)

Needless to say I won't be buying/ downloading/ ripping it. (I'm sure this has been done to death before....)

I await the new cover art with real trepidation. Whatever one's thoughts on Kill Uncle the album title, song titles and the artwork are f***ing ace. Quite possibly my favourite Morrissey album cover.

I did enjoy the recent My Bloody Valentine remasters, haven't heard the new LP yet though going to see them in Brum on Mar 8th (2 nights before Johnny Marr in Oxford!)

Get well soon Morrissey!

Is it just me, Or is 'Action', especially the chorus, remarkably similar to 'Paris' in structure and chords? Slap me if I'm preaching to the choir here.

P.

Its just you...

and me

and most fans of

Morrissey

Like others, and unlike some - Kill Uncle does rank quite highly for me as far as Morrissey albums go. This was further accentuated by the live performances, which displayed the true potential of the album, so I gave it a few bonus points for that.

This was a great chance to rectify the poor production and include some of the other great songs from the Kill Uncle era. But it seems to me that what Moz wanted from this is a million miles away from what I would have liked...but maybe Moz never wanted this at all? Certainly doesn't seem that way to me.

With Action, The Kid and People being B Sides on Playboys - it is the best they deserved, apart from possibly Paris 2..sorry Action Is My Middle Name. I hope this means that Morrissey has moved away and has much better material to deal with now. Either that or he has run out completely. Either way, no point flogging dross when you can bow down with some grace. But then, see Kill Uncle reissue - full circular madness.

Still I cling.

I don't know why everyone hates Kill Uncle so much, it is the weakest early solo album yes, but Maladjusted was so bad I stopped listening to Morrissey's new solo stuff up until maybe 3 years ago, and a friend I had stopped listening to him all together after that album.

Kill Uncle has strong musical melodies that really don't go anywhere but Maladjusted has no musical melodies whatsoever.

The production on both is awful.

If you think the lyrics on Kill Uncle are corny and pun-y, Maladjusted had Roy's Keen, a lame rehash of Vicar In A Tutu (although musically it was the album's bright spot, Moz should re-record it with different lyrics, since he deleted it).

Kill Uncle at least has Driving, Sing, and There Is A Place which are excellent songs (that need better arrangements/production); and Mute, King, Tony have strong melodies but are too silly lyrically and are kind of half baked structurally. The only classic song is The End Of The Family Line which was the second slow burn epic torch song he made since The Smiths, and was later followed by I've Changed My Plea and I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday, which interestingly were all written my Mark Nevin. I really wish he would do one of those again, those kind of songs are made for his croon!

I'm most excited about possibly hearing some KU songs performed live again.

He did say live.. "if you want to hear songs from Kill Uncle you can go home and play them" or something to that effect.

ALSO, the man's entitled to change his opinion on something. All these "HYPOCRITE!! :mock:" callers need to back the f*** off. Jesus.

Strange that he has played I've Changed My Please live after abandoning all of Kill Uncle but it's not on the remaster.

I think it's because it's slow and he is trying to put more guitars on the record, thus Pashernate Love and KROQ SYL.

Oh.. finally..

I am disappointed that Tony the Pony is not part of the remaster.

I know most fans think the song is shit but I really like.

Bummer.

PS - It's "Soft touch Tony" not "f***ed up Tony"

either live or on a disc I have , that's what he said-yet "reissue ...."

Yes. Can we finally put this to rest?

soft touch, n.

One who is easily persuaded or taken advantage of.

(i.e., he is repeating the sentiment: "There's a free ride on gullible Tony".)

Oh.. finally..

I am disappointed that Tony the Pony is not part of the remaster.

I know most fans think the song is shit but I really like.

Bummer.

PS - It's "Soft touch Tony" not "f***ed up Tony"

It's one of my few skippers.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom