tty ~ 'Kill Uncle' to be raised from the dead!

Not surprising news given that he's been slowly reissuing other albums. But still, welcome news on a Tuesday...

It will be interesting to see if Pashernate Love will still finish abruptly, or whether East West will be different to the original b-side.

Has the live version of There is a Place ever been heard / released before? Without PJLM I'm lost when it comes to working out this sort of stuff.

Dave

unfortunately, i am filled with doubt that we'd be so lucky as to have any ku songs reappear in the set, much less the mighty "sing your life." also, i'm sure boz would be wary after this performance (watch around 2:16, for those who have not seen it).

Just watched it...FAIL.

It is quite funny. The line-in apparently was pushed through the body of the guitar, ruining it. Still, gotta hand it to Boz for the way he played it off and kept going.

Agreed. Say what you want about him, but that f***er's a trooper.

There is a Place will be the KROQ version.
I wonder if the likes of Pregnant, The Loop etc will be on the Your Arsenal reboot?

I remember cutting class in high school to hear that live. :love:

were you one of the kids who called up KROQ and professed their undying love to Morrissey? I bet you were :lbf:

Noooo, I was too shy. I hated those people though. :D I think I even got caught by the truancy officer and served detention and thinking "It was worth it." :p

Argh. I just bought an used vinyl version of Kill Uncle last night on eBay. I wished had I waited and gotten the remasted one instead.

Probably would have been cheaper too.:squiffy:

....Wish he'd just leave it alone....I LOVE the thing ( Yup...even "Asian rut"....). can't unnerstand why he'd want to remove the gorgeous recording of "Hell" and replace it with any kind of "Live version", 'cos every one I've heard of it live is just like a (Very Crap) Morrissey tribute act....even though it is a criminally short album by anyones standards, I still passionately adore every second of its beauiful running time......( "mute witness" has me almost reaching for the "Skip" button though...but that's just because it reminds me of a particular person I am/was glad to see the back off....)

Last edited:
I've always thought that Pashernate Love starts off just like this...

P.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. Say what you want about him, but that f***er's a trooper.

I went to one of his Polecats shows and I'm pretty sure Boz would be delighted to play a four hour setlist with fifteen encores. He just LOVES to play. It's pretty cool.

Feel like doing an album sleeve cover, also could a new re-issue mean a new tour with new sestlist is on the cards??

It's ridiculous that a re-imagining of this record does not include My Love Life, Pregnant For The Last Time, Tony The Pony, or I've Changed My Plea To Guilty. And the Herman's Hermit's cover being added is just...weird. Also, Pashernate Love, though great, is an odd choice to be added to this record. But whatever.

Still pretty f***ing cool.

I agree. It would have made so much more sense to add these tracks instead. Go figure...

As someone pointed out already, "There Speaks a True Friend" from the same single is the song that cuts off abruptly...

Confused too that a track from the "Your Arsenal" sessions would be included here.

Why doesn't he just re-issue like this?

Disc 1: original album remastered

Disc 2:

Journalists Who Lie
Tony The Pony
That's Entertainment (The Jam cover)
The Loop
Pregnant for the Last Time
Skin Storm (Bradford cover)
Cosmic Dancer (Live T-Rex cover)
My Love Life
I've Changed My Plea To Guilty (U.K. version)
My Love Life (Live at KROQ)
There Is A Place For Me and My Friends (Live at KROQ - same version added to the remaster)
Sing Your Life (Live at KROQ) <-- complete with LA-based fans calling in and lavishing praise on him via phone messages.
I've Changed my Plea To Guilty (U.S. version)

Then, if he wants to tack on out-of-era songs like EAST WEST and PASHERNATE LOVE, fine... Though I would have preferred for Pashernate Love to be added to a "YOUR ARSENAL" Re-issue.

At east he hasn't deleted songs this time around...

That would've been perfect.

I went to one of his Polecats shows and I'm pretty sure Boz would be delighted to play a four hour setlist with fifteen encores. He just LOVES to play. It's pretty cool.

My good friend Rose said that at a soundcheck last year she heard them play Goody Two Shoes (band only, not Morrissey.)

Feel like doing an album sleeve cover, also could a new re-issue mean a new tour with new sestlist is on the cards??

I'm not sure about a new tour, since he's been trying to finish this current one up for awhile now. But with this reissue, I'm hoping he'll include a KU song or two when he finally makes his way to Chicago.

I'm thrilled that Kill Uncle is being remastered, and relieved that Morrissey hasn't decided to remove songs from the track-listing again. But replacing the original version of "Hell" with a live version is almost as bad as leaving it off completely, in my opinion. I'm also disappointed to see that the only extras are b-sides. He could have at least kept "Pony" on the track-list. I've gotten used to that being a part of Kill Uncle. I guess that it's safe to assume that we won't get another Southpaw Grammar style remaster with unreleased songs ever again. :(

I'm really happy that we'll finally get official recordings of some of the new songs though. For the first time in a long time, I'll probably buy all the versions of a single just so I can get all of the b-sides. :)

Last edited:
If he's putting new material on the b-sides, does that mean he's signed a new publishing deal or was his last one still operating?

Morrissey owns the publishing rights to all of his songs from Quarry-present...

It is a bit sad that he has to release his new material on reissues of old singles.

i wonder what would sell more..a reissue of playboys with a new photo or a single release of Action is my middle name?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom