TTY: Boulder (Gustavo update, tour to start again in Detroit?)

Boulder - true-to-you.net
15 November 2016

Gustavo Manzur collapsed and was hospitalized two hours before the band were due on stage at Boulder in Colorado. Morrissey made an on stage announcement and the sell-out crowd were greatly understanding and supportive. Gustavo is recuperating today. Doctors have advised one week of rest.

Gustavo and the band are determined to make the shows at Detroit, Cleveland and Chicago.

Photograph below is by Mando Lopez.

39404_img_0400.jpg

UPDATE 9:30 PM PT:

The three Texas dates are cancelled as posted in the comments by those who received notice from the promoters.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll give them Boulder, as that must have been a stressful night.

But please note that three cancelled shows (Texas) and what is appearing to be three more, based on social media hints and anonymous posters, is precisely six (6) cancellations more than when Alain Whyte (lead guitarist!) had his issues on tour in 2004. The shows went on then - with a ringer brought in immediately and Jesse permanently not long after.

Surely somebody must have had Christopher Pooley's number?

Seemed like they were ready to get rid of Alain anyway by that point. I kid. Yeah I don't know why they don't try to find a fill in on keys. Maybe since it's close to the tours end anyway but I guess that's something only Morrisseys knows

Damn. Boz saying hes coming home and Mando tagging himself at the airport on instagram seem to confirm . Nails in the coffin I suppose. I'm expecting a email anytime now from The Aragon saying the Chicago show is off. This now makes my track record 2 for 5 on seeing Moz. I saw him twice in a row in Chicago and guess I got too cocky. This is really getting ridiculous. I understand cancelling Boulder and even the Texas dates. But to say you will make the final 3 and have this much time its safe to say you could tailor the set to fit no keyboards. Its kidney stones, not a death sentence. you now know hes fine. Move on with it.
It's not that simple though. I have a friend who is a tour manager for a band, and when more than several shows back to back get cancelled for whatever reason, it can be a nightmare logistically to try and sort out continuing on somewhere else entirely different a week or two later. If everything is cancelled, it could be that it ended up being financially more reasonable to stop where it did than to put all of the crew/equipment, etc., on hold and then move them across the country on a 'maybe.' I guess we have to wait and see what is announced, but I don't think any of the last three shows were anywhere near sthat of out, were they?

Hopefully they are working on a rescheduled route for early '17 to make up all these shows and perhaps additional markets as well.

That might make sense given the other anons post about costs. If they really are committed to making up the dates it might just make better economic sense to reschedule a bulk of them than to worry about trying to make what they can and then bring everything back out for the few remaining dates. Bummer for those that traveled though

Hopefully they are working on a rescheduled route for early '17 to make up all these shows and perhaps additional markets as well.

whats the point? I'm sure those will just get cancelled too. Moz has become the most unreliable performer. cancelling shows for any number of reasons. No other performer cancels this often. This is what his legacy has become. Such a talented man, remarkable wit & flawless voice. Can't just keep his commitments to those who have supported him through out the years. Even after so many boneheaded, problematic comments & how many cancellations?

It's kidney stones- which although may be very very painful- but not like he was staring into the bright light of death. Quit being so dramatic! Only in Moz-land could yet another series of aborted shows be excused so easily. Gustavo will just fine and I bet he knew full well exactly what his ailment was. You just don't fall over and collapse without having prior symptoms. Take a look at other bands-- jeez Keith Richards is practically the walking dead and that band shows up to play! The band should have played on. I've followed Morrissey around for years and the list of cancellations grows-- bad weather, poor venue, he smelled meat, his mum's sick, he's sick, and now Gustavo is sick. Give me a break.
Roger was also able to find a replacement for Pete after only 30 minutes. PS what's a Shepard Bush Geezer?

Could it be that Boz & Mando are only heading home for a few days? Perhaps since its only the 17th everyone is heading home & then will reconvene in Detroit the 23rd? Wishful thinking?

I have to say, I normally think's Sam's Photoshops are garbage, but this one was very well done!

Does anyone know for certain that the othet three dates are off?
Has it been decided?

Has anyone mentioned yet that Gustavo's two fingers are basically a 'f*** off' to the camera? I've seen WW2 footage when two fingers pointed outwards meant Victory, then Peace. For as long as I can remember it means F Off
s-l1000.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone mentioned yet that Gustavo's two fingers are basically a 'f*** off' to the camera? I've seen WW2 footage when two fingers pointed outwards meant Victory, then Peace. For as long as I can remember it means F Off
View attachment 40920
Yes, I thought about that, too, but I think that sign means something different now. In the US anyway. I don't know. I don't keep up with such things, I suppose.

whats the point? I'm sure those will just get cancelled too. Moz has become the most unreliable performer. cancelling shows for any number of reasons. No other performer cancels this often. This is what his legacy has become. Such a talented man, remarkable wit & flawless voice. Can't just keep his commitments to those who have supported him through out the years. Even after so many boneheaded, problematic comments & how many cancellations?

This ranting and raving ignores the reality of the touring over 2015-2016. Nearly a hundred shows without a cancellation since Tilburg in March 2015. Since then, Morrissey's health hasn't been the problem. What's happenned is unfortunate, but just because the band aren't all in Detroit now doesn't mean they won't be come Wednesday. Gustavo's resting, Boz has a business to look after and Mando's been doing some studio work.

SOSB

This ranting and raving ignores the reality of the touring over 2015-2016. Nearly a hundred shows without a cancellation since Tilburg in March 2015. Since then, Morrissey's health hasn't been the problem. What's happenned is unfortunate, but just because the band aren't all in Detroit now doesn't mean they won't be come Wednesday. Gustavo's resting, Boz has a business to look after and Mando's been doing some studio work.

SOSB

There sound engineer went back to Australia on Thursday. Morrissey was seen at Heathrow on Thursday. Them gigs ain't gonna happen kiddos.

If they have no intention of playing the last three shows then he needs to tell people now so they can cancel their flights, etc. It would be extremely rude not to.

There sound engineer went back to Australia on Thursday. Morrissey was seen at Heathrow on Thursday. Them gigs ain't gonna happen kiddos.
One of the guitar techs is back home in the UK and Max the lighting guy is back working on a new TV production in the UK also...
It seems highly unlikely they will be flying everyone back from all over the globe for three non sold out shows.
I do wish they'd alert fans one way or the other; next weekend (due to the Thanksgiving holiday) is one of the busiest and most expensive travel weekends in the USA and I feel sorry for fans who were traveling from out of town for these shows.

Last edited:
I reckon that there may be some hope for you people. No Steve sightings with long hair and a pasta and bread belly at The Sunset Marquis, at the Orange Julius in the Glendale Galleria with lil' Sammy, or at the Louis Vuitton store at the Beverly Center.

I reckon that there may be some hope for you people. No Steve sightings with long hair and a pasta and bread belly at The Sunset Marquis, at the Orange Julius in the Glendale Galleria with lil' Sammy, or at the Louis Vuitton store at the Beverly Center.

Oh thank goodness!
What a relieve Aztec, you were my last hope! :lbf:
Now I can sleep with my eyes closed.
However,...are you sure your information networks didn't miss moz at some new, very in vogue hotspot in West Hollywood ? :paranoid:
He is very keen on his privy you know. ;)

Rumor is true, shows are over. As always, enjoyed every minute and I think Morrissey did to. Tour ended a bit strange but that is Morrissey, will miss him.

Thanks for the cliffhanger Morrissey

Some magical moments from the tour

Me too sweetie pie

Damn. Boz saying hes coming home and Mando tagging himself at the airport on instagram seem to confirm . Nails in the coffin I suppose. I'm expecting a email anytime now from The Aragon saying the Chicago show is off. This now makes my track record 2 for 5 on seeing Moz. I saw him twice in a row in Chicago and guess I got too cocky. This is really getting ridiculous. I understand cancelling Boulder and even the Texas dates. But to say you will make the final 3 and have this much time its safe to say you could tailor the set to fit no keyboards. Its kidney stones, not a death sentence. you now know hes fine. Move on with it.
I hope you get kidney stones, selfish bastard.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom