TTY: Boulder (Gustavo update, tour to start again in Detroit?)

Boulder - true-to-you.net
15 November 2016

Gustavo Manzur collapsed and was hospitalized two hours before the band were due on stage at Boulder in Colorado. Morrissey made an on stage announcement and the sell-out crowd were greatly understanding and supportive. Gustavo is recuperating today. Doctors have advised one week of rest.

Gustavo and the band are determined to make the shows at Detroit, Cleveland and Chicago.

Photograph below is by Mando Lopez.

39404_img_0400.jpg

UPDATE 9:30 PM PT:

The three Texas dates are cancelled as posted in the comments by those who received notice from the promoters.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that kidney stones have been substantiated, but I thought they usually pass in a day or two on their own?

They do pass on there own if they're small enough while some they try to break up in various ways. It's very painful and can take a while to pass. My wife's step father gets them from time to time

I had kidney stones for a month before they passed. I was in agony round my lower back area
My uncle, who has Ms had to have one zapped by a lazer. It measured 2.5cm.
He thought the pain he'd been suffering from for months was the debilitating effects of MS.
So Yeh they can be pretty bad

A kidney stone in Boulder... it probably felt like a kidney boulder. Poor Gustavo. I hope he is out of pain now and gets a good rest and will be feeling great again soon. I love that Morrissey and all the band love each other and take such good care of one another.

First off, get well soon Gustavo xx

I understand why the show was cancelled but just a thought for discussion, if you were there, wouldn't it be great if they said, those want to leave, leave for refund, those who want to stay we will play the 1991 set, that had no keyboards ? I would have loved that, getting amazing result from a shit situation xx

I understand why the show was cancelled but just a thought for discussion, if you were there, wouldn't it be great if they said, those want to leave, leave for refund, those who want to stay we will play the 1991 set, that had no keyboards ? I would have loved that, getting amazing result from a shit situation xx

YES! I thought the same thing. Given that the stage was set up and the band seemingly ready to go- maybe as a small consolation the band could have played just a few songs before leaving. I'm not sure if there would be any liability with this in terms of the promoter or the contract. But it would have been pretty cool. Blue October cancelled here in Pittsburgh a few years back due to a leaky ceiling in the older venue. They went outside on the street corner and played 6 songs! Magical.

Right, because the band can just learn the 1991 set in an hour or two. Many of those songs haven't been played since 1991! And also, Morrissey didn't have an on-stage keyboard until 2004.

I understand that he contracted Barrett's from Moz. So sad

Boulder - true-to-you.net
15 November 2016

Gustavo Manzur collapsed and was hospitalized two hours before the band were due on stage at Boulder in Colorado. Morrissey made an on stage announcement and the sell-out crowd were greatly understanding and supportive. Gustavo is recuperating today. Doctors have advised one week of rest.

Gustavo and the band are determined to make the shows at Detroit, Cleveland and Chicago.

Photograph below is by Mando Lopez.

39404_img_0400.jpg

UPDATE 9:30 PM PT:

The three Texas dates are cancelled as posted in the comments by those who received notice from the promoters.

Related item:

I'm guessing on the night they were all probably just worried about there friend. A person collapsing is a bit more worrisome one than a leaky ceiling

Word is the whole rest of the dates are off.

Thanks for posting, I was thinking of going to the Chicago show and I live pretty far away from Chicago. I will wait and see now. A week really isn't enough time to heal.

I'm guessing on the night they were all probably just worried about there friend. A person collapsing is a bit more worrisome one than a leaky ceiling

It's kidney stones- which although may be very very painful- but not like he was staring into the bright light of death. Quit being so dramatic! Only in Moz-land could yet another series of aborted shows be excused so easily. Gustavo will just fine and I bet he knew full well exactly what his ailment was. You just don't fall over and collapse without having prior symptoms. Take a look at other bands-- jeez Keith Richards is practically the walking dead and that band shows up to play! The band should have played on. I've followed Morrissey around for years and the list of cancellations grows-- bad weather, poor venue, he smelled meat, his mum's sick, he's sick, and now Gustavo is sick. Give me a break.

A kidney stone in Boulder... it probably felt like a kidney boulder. Poor Gustavo. I hope he is out of pain now and gets a good rest and will be feeling great again soon. I love that Morrissey and all the band love each other and take such good care of one another.

Yes, poor Gustavo. If it was renal colic it's extremely painful, at least that's what people who went throught it say. Why do these things happen to the nicest ones? The good news are it's temporary.
Morrissey was very concerned and sad when he spoke to the audience. It's terrible when you see a person you love suffering from acute pain. I don't understand how some people here can even suggest they could have played in such conditions. Luckily people from Colorado are of the kindest type and have a big soul on their bodies.

what was the cryptic message Boz posted? can't see anything on his page

Yes, poor Gustavo. If it was renal colic it's extremely painful, at least that's what people who went throught it say. Why do these things happen to the nicest ones? The good news are it's temporary.
Morrissey was very concerned and sad when he spoke to the audience. It's terrible when you see a person you love suffering from acute pain. I don't understand how some people here can even suggest they could have played in such conditions. Luckily people from Colorado are of the kindest type and have a big soul on their bodies.

Er...the "band" wasn't in any condition. Only Gustavo collapsed to my knowledge. And yes they could have played. Ever hear how Keith Moon fell over during a show and was replaced by a fan to finish out the set. Yes a fan. I'm sure one of those kind Boulder fans could have filled in. Look at the last couple posts citing The Rolling Stones and The Who. That's bad azz rock n roll- something the frail Mozzer and his band will never understand.

I'll give them Boulder, as that must have been a stressful night.

But please note that three cancelled shows (Texas) and what is appearing to be three more, based on social media hints and anonymous posters, is precisely six (6) cancellations more than when Alain Whyte (lead guitarist!) had his issues on tour in 2004. The shows went on then - with a ringer brought in immediately and Jesse permanently not long after.

Surely somebody must have had Christopher Pooley's number?

Last edited:
Damn. Boz saying hes coming home and Mando tagging himself at the airport on instagram seem to confirm . Nails in the coffin I suppose. I'm expecting a email anytime now from The Aragon saying the Chicago show is off. This now makes my track record 2 for 5 on seeing Moz. I saw him twice in a row in Chicago and guess I got too cocky. This is really getting ridiculous. I understand cancelling Boulder and even the Texas dates. But to say you will make the final 3 and have this much time its safe to say you could tailor the set to fit no keyboards. Its kidney stones, not a death sentence. you now know hes fine. Move on with it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom