TTY: Boulder (Gustavo update, tour to start again in Detroit?)

Boulder - true-to-you.net
15 November 2016

Gustavo Manzur collapsed and was hospitalized two hours before the band were due on stage at Boulder in Colorado. Morrissey made an on stage announcement and the sell-out crowd were greatly understanding and supportive. Gustavo is recuperating today. Doctors have advised one week of rest.

Gustavo and the band are determined to make the shows at Detroit, Cleveland and Chicago.

Photograph below is by Mando Lopez.

39404_img_0400.jpg

UPDATE 9:30 PM PT:

The three Texas dates are cancelled as posted in the comments by those who received notice from the promoters.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
True-to-you update:

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_161115_01

15 November 2016

Boulder

Gustavo Manzur collapsed and was hospitalized two hours before the band were due on stage at Boulder in Colorado. Morrissey made an on stage announcement and the sell-out crowd were greatly understanding and supportive. Gustavo is recuperating today. Doctors have advised one week of rest.
Gustavo and the band are determined to make the shows at Detroit, Cleveland and Chicago.

True-to-you update:

15 November 2016

Boulder

So these dates are off:

16 DALLAS, McFarlin Auditorium
17 SAN ANTONIO, Tobin Center
19 HOUSTON, White Oak Music Hall

Thankfully he is okay! With good rest, love, and being surrounded by the warmth of great friends, he'll be good as new in no time :)

Last edited:
get a good rest, in these sweet pyjamas

Ha, maybe they'll help him.
But if any of the speculation about him having kidney stones is true, it's going to be very painful to get rid of them.
Maybe a week is enough, I don't know.

Please Gustavo, get well soon, your contributions as musician and composer added something new and inspiring to Moz! And you are being appreciated a lot for it by many fans! :thumb:

True-to-you update:

15 November 2016

Boulder

His blood pressure looks good I'm sure he'll
Be back stronger then ever.

Peace be with you Gustavo

The wording of this TTY post is priceless. Nowhere does it actually say the Boulder show was cancelled and (reading between the lines) so are the next three. Must be a dirty word.

They even got in a plug for the sold-out crowd in Boulder, who apparently were very happy not to get a show.

The wording of this TTY post is priceless. Nowhere does it actually say the Boulder show was cancelled and (reading between the lines) so are the next three. Must be a dirty word.

They even got in a plug for the sold-out crowd in Boulder, who apparently were very happy not to get a show.

:rolleyes: but why do you need him to write 'cancelled'?

' who apparently were very happy not to get a show' don't see him suggesting that in his choice of words.

We must hope for Gustavo getting well soon. He must rest this week and as some said above the shows can wait.

From Gustavo, via Facebook:

When reality comes crashing into your world without notice, you haven’t much time to decide - with 100% confidence - the best route for the best outcome. Last night, reality presented itself as a swift and unforgiving onslaught of abdominal pain that dropped me to the floor and stole my breath. My main concern was the show. It always is. I, as well, attempted to rally to no avail. I had been defeated.

I have been left with a heartbroken feeling and a sense of disappointment in myself for letting down my road family and those who were looking forward to a night with Morrissey.

This event, on the other hand, enriched and reaffirmed our comradery as brothers and as Morrissey’s troop. I, being on the vulnerable side of things this time, was humbled and honored to be part of such a machine. My brothers of the stage were beside me from start to finish even when I was destroyed on the ground. My leader, with a soft touch on my shoulder, reassured me without saying a word. My brothers behind the stage sent me strength from all corners of the house.

I am beyond grateful to all of those who reached out with concern and I thank you infinitely for without your eyes and ears, we would be singing to the sky and mountains.

I am almost out of the woods. Optimism has always been an ingredient to my ways but now it is my primary tool to continue onward and stronger than ever.

Viva Moz.

im sure he will be fine.he can put his feet up for a week n mozz and the boys can look after him.

From Gustavo, via Facebook:

When reality comes crashing into your world without notice, you haven’t much time to decide - with 100% confidence - the best route for the best outcome. Last night, reality presented itself as a swift and unforgiving onslaught of abdominal pain that dropped me to the floor and stole my breath. My main concern was the show. It always is. I, as well, attempted to rally to no avail. I had been defeated.

I have been left with a heartbroken feeling and a sense of disappointment in myself for letting down my road family and those who were looking forward to a night with Morrissey.

This event, on the other hand, enriched and reaffirmed our comradery as brothers and as Morrissey’s troop. I, being on the vulnerable side of things this time, was humbled and honored to be part of such a machine. My brothers of the stage were beside me from start to finish even when I was destroyed on the ground. My leader, with a soft touch on my shoulder, reassured me without saying a word. My brothers behind the stage sent me strength from all corners of the house.

I am beyond grateful to all of those who reached out with concern and I thank you infinitely for without your eyes and ears, we would be singing to the sky and mountains.

I am almost out of the woods. Optimism has always been an ingredient to my ways but now it is my primary tool to continue onward and stronger than ever.

Viva Moz.

Thank you so much for posting this here!
This sounds very hopeful.
Be assured Gustavo, we like you, you are a kind and nice man and a great musician!
Hope you get to do what you like so much, creating music! :thumb:

actually when Jesse said it is off and that they cant go on without their brother people started clapping, so there you have it, i hope that clears things up for you, best regards, manc lad

Even with this post you can muster up some negative bullshit. Well done :)

Boulder crushes scissors.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom