Trade School

iamkali62

I have a B.A. in English that I earned back in 1984 but I was too lazy to go to grad school. :( I've been thinking about going to a trade school (probably to get a Microsoft degree) but I'm not sure yet. Have any of you been to trade schools, and if so, what was your experience like?

Depends what you go for. My boyfriend went and me makes very good money for his age (he's twenty-one).

What does he do? I want to do something in the IT field- and I know there's one college that does it and it takes about 2 years. But it would be something I could do anywhere because there's always going to be a demand for a solid trade school diploma.

What does he do? I want to do something in the IT field- and I know there's one college that does it and it takes about 2 years. But it would be something I could do anywhere because there's always going to be a demand for a solid trade school diploma.

Railroad engineering/switchman.

Now, that is something that will ALWAYS be in demand. I have to do some research on this.

It's not for everyone. For the first two years you are on call 24/7. They can call you and you have to drop everything you are doing and go. Hard to make plans, to say the least.

It's not for everyone. For the first two years you are on call 24/7. They can call you and you have to drop everything you are doing and go. Hard to make plans, to say the least.

Damn, sounds like med school. (being on call 24/7) Well, if he enjoys it, and is making good money at 21, maybe it's worth it?

Damn, sounds like med school. (being on call 24/7) Well, if he enjoys it, and is making good money at 21, maybe it's worth it?

Oh it is. It just takes some getting used to. Insurance benefits are great. If you think you would be able to handle that you should definetly look into it. Depending what area you want to pursue, you may have to move constantly.

It's very difficult. You basically have to pass all of these tests like the A++ and other tests are involved. You would be Microsoft Certified, and you'd be working on fixing hardware and software. I've read some of the books and it's so difficult I don't think I could manage it. But I could probably do something related to software. I wish I could've explained that better.

It's very difficult. You basically have to pass all of these tests like the A++ and other tests are involved. You would be Microsoft Certified, and you'd be working on fixing hardware and software. I've read some of the books and it's so difficult I don't think I could manage it. But I could probably do something related to software. I wish I could've explained that better.

no, i understand what you mean.

no, i understand what you mean.

Also, because of my age it's harder to find good jobs. Which sucks. I've got to whip my resume up and call this school on Monday.

Back
Top Bottom