Tour Guide

Name some places (restaurants, bars, parks, museums, etc...) you recommend visiting in either a place where you have lived or are living now.

The restaurants in Sedona are overpriced and nothing to rave about. But if you are ever in this area, I recommend Harry's Hideaway in Cornville. It is just fifteen minutes south of Sedona. Their smoked duck pizza appetizer is to die for. Everything is prepared fresh daily by chef Harry. Harry and his wife Adele use to own a French Bistro in the Chicago area called Burgundy Bistro. Ever been?

1511303_649113905134523_1261488331_n.jpg

And of course if you are ever in Northern Arizona, the Grand Canyon is a must see.

If you are an outdoors type, this area is wonderful for cycling and hiking and camping as well.

Sedona has some top notch bed and breakfasts. I recommend staying at one of them over a chain hotel or resort--unless of course you are looking for golf, spa, or pool amenities. Though some B&Bs have pools and limited spa services.

Fall and Spring are the best times to visit, as it gets hot in the summer. Winters are mild. I was outside washing my car in a t-shirt the other day.

But if you come in February, we have an international film festival that is world renown.

Last edited:
Candolim beach in Goa,India on a new years eve.
Packed with alsorts,drinking,dancing a plenty.
No health and safty in sight.
Fireworks going off all over.
What a shame to have to wait another 12 months for the next one.

I like going to the Yorkshire sculpture park, near wakefield, free to get in and a great day out with family or friends.
(as long as the weather is good), give it a try

Well, on the plus side, I eat less chips.
By the way, a very Happy New Year to you Davie!

Aye, I guess there's always a silver lining somewhere haha...Oh and a Happy New Year to you too, Peter :)

The restaurants in Sedona are overpriced and nothing to rave about. But if you are ever in this area, I recommend Harry's Hideaway in Cornville. It is just fifteen minutes south of Sedona. Their smoked duck pizza appetizer is to die for. Everything is prepared fresh daily by chef Harry. Harry and his wife Adele use to own a French Bistro in the Chicago area called Burgundy Bistro. Ever been?

And of course if you are ever in Northern Arizona, the Grand Canyon is a must see.

If you are an outdoors type, this area is wonderful for cycling and hiking and camping as well.

Sedona has some top notch bed and breakfasts. I recommend staying at one of them over a chain hotel or resort--unless of course you are looking for golf, spa, or pool amenities. Though some B&Bs have pools and limited spa services.

Fall and Spring are the best times to visit, as it gets hot in the summer. Winters are mild. I was outside washing my car in a t-shirt the other day.

But if you come in February, we have an international film festival that is world renown.

I was in Sedona 2 years ago and loved it. I only remember eating cactus fries (I think that's what they're called) because it was very hard to find vegetarian options in restaurants.
Arizona is very different from what you can see in Europe. And people were all very nice to us.
I look forward to going back someday.

I was in Sedona 2 years ago and loved it. I only remember eating cactus fries (I think that's what they're called) because it was very hard to find vegetarian options in restaurants.
Arizona is very different from what you can see in Europe. And people were all very nice to us.
I look forward to going back someday.

Wonderful to hear. We actually have quite a few vegetarian restaurants here as well as vegan ones. Sorry you missed those. Did you get to see the Grand Canyon?

I hope you get to come back. :)

Wonderful to hear. We actually have quite a few vegetarian restaurants here as well as vegan ones. Sorry you missed those. Did you get to see the Grand Canyon?

I hope you get to come back. :)

Yes, I went to the grand Canyon but we drove there early one morning from Scottsdale and ended up on icy snowy roads and it was scary but it's the most beautiful place in the world so it was worth slightly crashing the Camaro on the parking lot ;)

I missed the veggie places but I was with a meat eater who would have never gotten in any of those anyway. Next time I will try them!

Happy new year to you. Hopefully 2014 will take me back to beautiful AZ :)

Yes, I went to the grand Canyon but we drove there early one morning from Scottsdale and ended up on icy snowy roads and it was scary but it's the most beautiful place in the world so it was worth slightly crashing the Camaro on the parking lot ;)

I missed the veggie places but I was with a meat eater who would have never gotten in any of those anyway. Next time I will try them!

Happy new year to you. Hopefully 2014 will take me back to beautiful AZ :)

Yes, those roads can get icy. A lot of people don't realize it snows here. And more so the higher elevation you go. Glad you were not injured. Ah, that makes sense if you were with a meat eater.

Happy New Year to you too. :)

Back
Top Bottom