Toronto, ON - Sony Centre For The Performing Arts (Apr. 27, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Is It Really So Strange? / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Hairdresser On Fire / How Soon Is Now? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Back On The Chain Gang / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Morning Starship / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Trouble Loves Me / The Bullfighter Dies / Scandinavia / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / Jack The Ripper / Break Up The Family / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Dial-a-Cliché / Speedway // Suedehead

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm

• Photo: @mozzer.clumsy.and.shy / Instagram

full

Last edited:
20190428_180615.jpg

Repeated image by Matt.
FWD.

Is it interesting that following a sold out, well-received and successful couple of concerts, both mentalist Peter and his pathetic bum chum Surface (not to mention the illiterate and bizarre Morrissey-sucks) are oddly silent?

Probably not as they are all complete twats.

Onwards. See you all next week.

I was at both shows. I think people were caught offguard the first night when he went on at 8:34 pm (rather than the usual 9:04 or the 9:30 that the venue was emailing people about) because there were a fair amount of seats still empty when Lypsynca went on but they quickly filled.

This was my 34th show and there are a handful of Moz shows that I count among the best I've seen from any band anywhere. Last night was one. There was just something special about that show. Moz's performance of Trouble Loves Me and Seasick were beautiful and incredibly emotional and Starship live is beautiful, perfect for his vocals. Someone up thread admitted to shedding a tear and I myself did as I left that venue. I knew I'd seen something amazing.

London Palladium last year is still my #1 show but this is a very close second. It just had that certain something that other shows don't always have...

I was at both shows. I think people were caught offguard the first night when he went on at 8:34 pm (rather than the usual 9:04 or the 9:30 that the venue was emailing people about) because there were a fair amount of seats still empty when Lypsynca went on but they quickly filled.

This was my 34th show and there are a handful of Moz shows that I count among the best I've seen from any band anywhere. Last night was one. There was just something special about that show. Moz's performance of Trouble Loves Me and Seasick were beautiful and incredibly emotional and Starship live is beautiful, perfect for his vocals. Someone up thread admitted to shedding a tear and I myself did as I left that venue. I knew I'd seen something amazing.

London Palladium last year is still my #1 show but this is a very close second. It just had that certain something that other shows don't always have...

:thumb:

Wasn’t there, but just from watching the clips and videos I could see and feel that he was more present and into it
this second night.

Last edited:
That is exactly how I felt last night.
Seasick floored me.
It's one of my all time faves. I am still in shock that he sang it last night.
so blessed :praying:

Can't really tell, but that doesn't look like Sam filming(?) at 1:55? Press, maybe?
I know in one of M's fairly recent interviews he said that all of his live shows are recorded.

Do you/anyone recall that interview where he mentions the recordings?

MrShoes

Do you/anyone recall that interview where he mentions the recordings?

MrShoes

Just remembered, because I had been re-reading it recently - the Fiona Dodwell interview:

You haven't released many live concert DVDs throughout your solo years. Do you have any plans for a future release and are any of the upcoming dates going to be recorded or live-streamed?

There was one, Who Put The M In Manchester? which did very well, and another at Hollywood High School. Every concert that I do is recorded, so I have at least two thousand under the bed.

the guy, though, who is invading the stage at 3:40, is he licking morrisseys ear?? and does moz say yikes or thanks?

‘Yikes!’

These big guys get a little too excited when they make it onto the stage, they mean no harm though.

Thanks mcrickson.

As is the case with Moz - one never knows if he was just answering in jest! He'd have to spend more than just a day in bed to cover the lot!

MrShoes

Can't really tell, but that doesn't look like Sam filming(?) at 1:55? Press, maybe?
I know in one of M's fairly recent interviews he said that all of his live shows are recorded.

There was definitely someone who was not Sam filming. He was over my right shoulder filming from side-stage a good part of the night.

Thanks mcrickson.

As is the case with Moz - one never knows if he was just answering in jest! He'd have to spend more than just a day in bed to cover the lot!

MrShoes

Jo Slee recorded a lot of the Arsenal shows (American tour)from the wings, but I don’t believe all of them. Will they ever see the light of day? One could only dream.

Oh, I'm also pleased to mention that Speedway no longer features the Spanish outro. Just Morrissey singing, as it should.
Also thunderous drumming hy Matt Walker.

This is a really good setlist, folks.
I'd say it contains about 12 brilliant songs. The setlist from two years ago contained barely 3 or 4.
Great to see the amount of pre-Quarry solo stuff. That's one of the biggest changes in recent times. The quality of his 80s/90s stuff is generally so much higher than the last two decades. Maybe he's finally cottoned on...

This is a really good setlist, folks.
I'd say it contains about 12 brilliant songs. The setlist from two years ago contained barely 3 or 4.
Great to see the amount of pre-Quarry solo stuff. That's one of the biggest changes in recent times. The quality of his 80s/90s stuff is generally so much higher than the last two decades. Maybe he's finally cottoned on...

Yes, 5 songs from Viva is a welcome surprise!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom