Toronto, ON - Sony Centre For The Performing Arts (Apr. 26, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Hairdresser On Fire / How Soon Is Now? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Back On The Chain Gang / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Wedding Bell Blues / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / The Bullfighter Dies / Life Is A Pigsty / Jack The Ripper / Hold On To Your Friends / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Spent The Day In Bed / You Have Killed Me / What She Said // First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist provided by sdsuedehead

• Photos posted by @the_edge / Twitter (4 total). Link posted by Famous when dead

full
  • Morrissey still outspoken, but much more open as he ends Canadian boycott by Nick Krewen (4 stars, 1 photo) - The Star. Link posted by Famous when dead
  • Photos: Morrissey @ Sony Centre by David McDonald (15 total) - Aesthetic Magazine. Link posted by JoeSellMozza.

full

Last edited:
Yeah , I thought of that , still you know your self, you know his library he got so many songs not getting there due, , surely as talented as the band members are they can play more different songs..granted there are some, a few changes ,....
1 joke isnt funny
2what she said /RR ...everything else played last year I believe I dont have info in front of me but they sure look .......the same

Noted, but judging from those clips the audience looks and sounds like they’re really enjoying themselves, it doesn’t really matter what people who didn’t attend think.

Was hoping to hear some new covers, maybe when he gets to NY.

Noted, but judging from those clips the audience looks and sounds like they’re really enjoying themselves, it doesn’t really matter what people who didn’t attend think.

Was hoping to hear some new covers, maybe when he gets to NY.
Maybe so , surely he will

Morrissey called himself both cosmopolitan and Christian and then proceeded to give a hesitant shout out to FAITH GOLDY. He simply claimed to simply have heard of her but the dogwhistle was deafening. Dedicated Pigsty to an Asian woman killed by a Syrian refugee on the west coast. The show ended with t-shirt scraps being fought over to a looped into to Israel.

IMG_20190427_051107.jpg

FWD.

I heard a bit of a nod to Celine Dion with the heart will go on reference before Suedehead, which is Morrissey's version of a warm blanket.

I was wondering who's song that was he did acceppella....thanks

You're welcome. Titanic is a great movie although one that I can no longer watch given how it affects me. I am not a big Celine fan, but the way her voice tied to the theme and emotion of the movie are inseparable now.

Exactly the way Morrissey captures a theme and emotion with his masterful lyrics. He is a singular force, and much like Celine I think he would not only benefit, but his career would thrive with an extended stay in Vegas.

His voice is stronger than ever, and many of the songs lend themselves to all ages even if we were there first...at the very beginning...we know their value as hopefully more will someday. He is, if among everything else, timeless.

You're welcome. Titanic is a great movie although one that I can no longer watch given how it affects me. I am not a big Celine fan, but the way her voice tied to the theme and emotion of the movie are inseparable now.

Exactly the way Morrissey captures a theme and emotion with his masterful lyrics. He is a singular force, and much like Celine I think he would not only benefit, but his career would thrive with an extended stay in Vegas.

His voice is stronger than ever, and many of the songs lend themselves to all ages even if we were there first...at the very beginning...we know their value as hopefully more will someday. He is, if among everything else, timeless.

:rolleyes:

WtF? Barnaby have you been hitting the pluto water?

$225 and he plays for just over hr what a joke...somebody should have told him he could have went the other hr I'm sure they don't shut u down in Toronto for concerts till 11.

Morrissey called himself both cosmopolitan and Christian and then proceeded to give a hesitant shout out to FAITH GOLDY. He simply claimed to simply have heard of her but the dogwhistle was deafening. Dedicated Pigsty to an Asian woman killed by a Syrian refugee on the west coast. The show ended with t-shirt scraps being fought over to a looped into to Israel.
So he is watching the news! He surely paid more respect to the murder victim than the Canadian press did. That story got minimal attention and was quickly and conveniently forgotten. I am not even sure what happened to the killer. Why bother, eh?

They going g to learn a whole new set for ny?

I think not

True they won’t. But maybe a surprise or two along the way.

Wonder what song he’ll do for the Fallon show, any guesses?

Strippers and gamblers don’t listen to Morrissey.

True they won’t. But maybe a surprise or two along the way.

Wonder what song he’ll do for the Fallon show, any guesses?
The guests are already announced up until the 2nd of May (the day Broadway starts) - so look to around that date as he's nearby.
Given Wedding Bell Blues is due out on the 10th of May and it was played tonight too... I suspect it will be played on the show.
Regards,
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom