Top 100 of iconic images of Morrissey 1983 - 2009: nominate 5 favourites 1985

Kewpie

Subscriber
Many apologies for the delay of 1985.

It's getting harder to select photos because of more choices.

The suggestion will be open 7-10 days then a poll will be posted.

The rule:

Each user can nominate 5 photos of Morrissey (or The Smiths) taken / published in widely available commertial publications in 1984.
It means no photos from fanzines, I'm afraid.

I'd like you to 3 things in mind to when you select photos:

- Artistic
- Aesthetic
- Iconic

Also many thanks to Comtesse who runs excellent Smiths presumably forever ill and The Arcane Old Wardrobe where you can search / check the year of the photos from photo gallery.

The polls cover 1983-2009 i.e. 26 years, I decided to exclude photos taken by amateur photographers, Smiths / Morrissey single and album sleeves which don't have a photo of Morrissey.

Basically the photos get most suggestions are selected for 1985 poll.
Maximum 15 photos for each poll because vBulletin software does not allow more than 15 poll options.

I suggest you to visit The Arcane Old Wardrobe's photo gallery and It May All Ends Tomorrow before you submit your 5 favourites in here.

It's simply impossible to please everyone, if you don't agree with the rules, I'd be very appreciate to have some constructive suggestions.

I made a mistake to set an early deadline of 1983 poll. Rest of the polls will be left open for next 12 months.

Thank you very much for your help. :)

artmuseum.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Top 100 of iconic images of Morrissey 1983 - 2009: nominate your 5 favourites 198

All my books are instorage to protect them from builders at the moment... so, from the depths of foreverill.com

Mirror Mirror on the wall
calendar01.jpg

Fake
fake.jpg

What's for dinner
dinner.jpg

Poster - admit it we all had this on our walls at some stage
postcard1.jpg

NME Cover
nmefeastcover.jpg

Possibly not this one... but one of the shots from Oxford Road - classic.
duo.jpg

Oh... and don't forget this one :) Does it count as 1985?
salfordladsclub_smiths.jpg

Sorry for suggesting 7...

Dave

Re: Top 100 of iconic images of Morrissey 1983 - 2009: nominate your 5 favourites 198

Thank you very much Dave, the last one will be saved for 1986. ;)

awwwww, the kitty pic is nice, but well known, as all, but never boring

:thumb:

dunno how to get pics in a post, did 2 year of a pic in my avatar:blushing:

I guess there were only 5 iconic sessions in this year - all of these are alternate shots from 5 of the 6 sessions I picked!

btw - right click on the image you want to feature, click 'copy image location'. Back to your message, click the icon above the text box that looks like a picture of a mountain range and click paste - the weblink to the photo will be pasted and will be included in your post :)

Dave

Last edited:

theyll be wetting their knickers over the first one

Is it too late to nominate some pics? I've been away from solo for awhile and didn't realize this was going on! Here are the images that immediately sprung to my mind:

calendar01.jpg

postcard1.jpg

m770.jpg

meatismurder01.jpg

stigmatamoz.jpg

Re: Top 100 of iconic images of Morrissey 1983 - 2009: nominate 5 favourites 198

Thank you very much Comtesse. :)

The deadline of the nominations is tomorrow, please harry up if you'd like to add your favourites.

Last edited:

Is it too late to nominate some pics? I've been away from solo for awhile and didn't realize this was going on! Here are the images that immediately sprung to my mind:

calendar01.jpg

postcard1.jpg

m770.jpg

meatismurder01.jpg

stigmatamoz.jpg

2 of them were also published in the Dutch Vinyl magazine, with an article
which was about their just released album 'Meat is Murder'

the lying on the poster one if top, the one under is done in the same shoot,
as a pic where fake is written on Morrissey's body, can remeber where,
thought the neck, but that one is also from the same shot as 2 Comtesse
posted

nice, takes me back to 25 years ago, 24 maybe :blushing:

ill weeds grows space

I agree with rainfallshard - the picture was taken in 1985, so why is it being saved for 1986:crazy:

Why was rainfallshard banned?
And why was I banned?

do they mail you if yer banned, or do they block yer IP?

and what are times for banning, is there a system,of...

I THINK THIS IS not for this forum, ut OT/PIGISTY qeastion, sorry

you started;)

do they mail you if yer banned, or do they block yer IP?

and what are times for banning, is there a system,of...

I THINK THIS IS not for this forum, ut OT/PIGISTY qeastion, sorry

you started;)

When you are banned, the next time you go to post a message, you get a message telling you that you are banned, and the reason (funny, my reason wasn't....''you caught Kewpie messing with your thread titles, sending PM's to other members and ignoring requests to stop posting about you'', therefore you are banned:D.)

I am banned for a year, but each time I return, which is often:thumb:, my ban gets extended. I think it is now for life. Although I keep returning:lbf::guitar:

Jukebox Jury

When you are banned, the next time you go to post a message, you get a message telling you that you are banned, and the reason (funny, my reason wasn't....''you caught Kewpie messing with your thread titles, sending PM's to other members and ignoring requests to stop posting about you'', therefore you are banned:D.)

I am banned for a year, but each time I return, which is often:thumb:, my ban gets extended. I think it is now for life. Although I keep returning:lbf::guitar:

Jukebox Jury

You don't give up, do you:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

no drowning but waving, mr Gatenby

shame a publisher of 2 books about Morrissey's Manchester and London
life , and the places he used in lyrics, videoshots,sleeves, etc

plus yer short to sources

and just because of 1 moderator whose behaviour of moderation, of
actions in forums have been dicussed and flamed to death

I hope David gives you a second chance, with the message not to
diss the moderator in public/words.

or other moderators will reconsider

thx fot the info

see ya around:lbf:

Many apologies for the delay of 1985.

It's getting harder to select photos because of more choices.

The suggestion will be open 7-10 days then a poll will be posted.

The rule:

Each user can nominate 5 photos of Morrissey (or The Smiths) taken / published in widely available commertial publications in 1984.
It means no photos from fanzines, I'm afraid.

I'd like you to 3 things in mind to when you select photos:

- Artistic
- Aesthetic
- Iconic

Also many thanks to Comtesse who runs excellent Smiths presumably forever ill and The Arcane Old Wardrobe where you can search / check the year of the photos from photo gallery.

The polls cover 1983-2009 i.e. 26 years, I decided to exclude photos taken by amateur photographers, Smiths / Morrissey single and album sleeves which don't have a photo of Morrissey.

Basically the photos get most suggestions are selected for 1985 poll.
Maximum 15 photos for each poll because vBulletin software does not allow more than 15 poll options.

I suggest you to visit The Arcane Old Wardrobe's photo gallery and It May All Ends Tomorrow before you submit your 5 favourites in here.

It's simply impossible to please everyone, if you don't agree with the rules, I'd be very appreciate to have some constructive suggestions.

I made a mistake to set an early deadline of 1983 poll. Rest of the polls will be left open for next 12 months.

Thank you very much for your help. :)

artmuseum.jpg

YER CHANGING AND APOLOGISING, BUT THISPOLL IS JUST STICKY, NO ONE
ATRIBUTES, TIME TO DECIDE TO GIVE IT UP, OR DO IT AN ANOTHER WAY,
A STICKY POLL FOR 12 MONTHS WITH NO INPUT PAST MONTH, ISN'TANY
HOPEFULL IT WILL RISE

MAYBE WITH THIS POST IT WILL

YOU CAN ALSO ASK WHAT'S THE BEST PIC IN cOMTESSE'S SITE sMITHS YEAR
POST SMITHS SPLIT PICS

Morrissey

1988, 1989...till 2010

also can make a tour foto poll, people made

ANYWAY THIS THREAD IS STICKY, BUT IN A MEANING OF IT'S AS DEAD
AS MY GRANDAD DOG IN 1971

:(

I love photos of moz when fans and when he does not expect it. The nude photo came out, I started to change my mind.:love::love:

Back
Top Bottom