toast appreciation thread

bagface

so what do you like on your toast? peanut butter? jelly? jam? peanut butter AND jelly? some other strange thing?

it's all about marmite. or cheese. or marmite and cheese.

Rasberry or Strawberry jam. Or possibly Mature Cheddar with a dash of Worcester Sauce if I'm hungover. Both peanut butter and Marmite are the work of the devil.

marmite eh? what's that all about? what sort of cheese? i usually go for mild cheddar, myself.

you don't know marmite? you're missing out. or you're ridiculously lucky. marmite is very divisive in the uk. the ones that like it are right obviously.

see, one of the wrong ones has already raised their marmite hating head.

mmm, mild cheddar....

Hubby and I both love toast, but we never agree about how to eat it! Hubby has no butter, jam or marmalade, quite hot. I like it left to go cold, with thick butter and any number of toppings. I love marmite or peanut butter, sometimes jam or marmalade or cheese (with ketchup) and sometimes what I call 'pizza toast': cheese on tomato puree on toast with cheese on top, then mushrooms and tomatos all stuck under the grill. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......... I remember having a phase when i was a child of having marmite and honey on toast.

now that is just sick.
it's quite nice from what I remember. One of my friend's used to have it that way, so I copied them. i was only about 8.

I live on toast.

I like granary toast with mashed banana.

I like white toast with marmite.

I like toast with peanut butter and cucumber.

I like toast and jam.

I like cheese on toast.

I like avocado and cherry tomatoes on toast.

I like toast .:thumb:

Jam on toast is the business :thumb:.

I made the best sandwich ever the other day. Toasted two pieces of pumpkin seed bread. Filling was sliced smoked tofu and avocado, and then a liberal dashing of tobasco. Was so good. Pret a Manger here I come...

I made the best sandwich ever the other day. Toasted two pieces of pumpkin seed bread. Filling was sliced smoked tofu and avocado, and then a liberal dashing of tobasco. Was so good. Pret a Manger here I come...

I've not seen smoked tofu in the shops!!

I'm jealous.

black cherry jam on thick white toast.....yum
marmite & mature cheese, 2 x yum
the best has to be banana on grainary toast.....3 x yum.......starving now!!
fire up the toaster!!!! xx

Every time I make toast my smoke alarms go off! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :flamethrow:

bonne-maman-orange-mamalade.jpg

Back
Top Bottom