To Mersey Rail and THAT Record Store by Fiona Dodwell - Tremr

Did you read what I wrote? If you did I'm confused? I never said he hasn't the right, I said maybe he shouldn't.
Recently I donlt think he been confusing at all. He steadfastly stands by his endorsements of that political party and those people - that's very clear - hence the backlask.

Yes I was commenting on what you said here...

‘Maybe he should use "that" voice for singing and never utter another spoken word again. It could be very good for his career you know.’

And I said....

Yes good for you, move on. But unfortunately for people like you, some
artists are people that do more than a song and dance routine, and being more than mere entertainers, I believe, and I’m sure they also believe to have the right themselves to speak their thoughts, even when they’re as contrary
and confusing as Morrissey’s have been recently.

To simplify it...

Do artists not have the right to speak their mind? Regardless of what fans think or how it will smear their lovely career.

Okay but can we agree that Morrissey "says things for the publicity?" I think that's fair. So calling it parasitical or hypocritical gets kind of problematic. And when people talk about how this record store should boycott other artists, a lot of people thought Morrissey was wrong for only boycotting Canada.
It doesn't matter really and those arguments can be used against Morrissey so probably better to just listen to the new record and enjoy it. The things we give attention to grow.

Yes, I agree that Morrissey plays the game with what ammunition he has, and always has.

Problematic? yes, and Morrissey must know there’s always a price to pay, and he’s paying it, begrudgingly. Though, Spillers needs to get off their high horse and pay the price by banning other artists too, or just come clean and admit this banning of the record is only being done for the publicity.

Though, I don’t know if that’s really a fair comparison, it is hypocritical of Morrissey to boycott Canada and not everywhere else, but if he applied his stance to every country or place, then he would basically have to ... boycott planet earth. :lbf: Which I’m sure a lot of folks on this site would like very much.

I still don’t understand how « The only sorrow of the Brighton bombing is that Thatcher escaped unscathed. » is acceptable, while « I want less immigration » is not.

Last edited:
I have asked Amazon to stop selling both Morrissey and Hitler but they haven't responded yet.
Seriously though Hitler's book is a historical document and "why haven't you banned this?" is not the direction to go in. If you're for freedom of expression you don't argue for other things to be banned.

Music is an emotional document, I believe it will move and inform the generations to come just like a historical document may inform.

Exactly, and so it’s funny that a store like Spillers would want to ban someone’s freedom of expression, a freedom of expression of the artists and a freedom of expression from the listener.

SPILLERS, SO MUCH TO ANSWER FOR

somebody get a straightjacket for skinflint,guy really has lost the plot these days.he must sit staring at his screen all day waiting to pounce as soon as there is any negativity on here.

I still don’t understand how « The only sorrow of the Brighton bombing is that Thatcher escaped unscathed. » is acceptable, but « I want less immigration » is not.
its like farage getting a milkshake thrown over him was funny to the media but people who challenged anna soubry over Brexit were fascists.worlds gone mad.

Well, you can try and silence opinions that promote racial hatred. That's a legal fact.

Moz isnt a racist but his constant flirtation with these types has cost him. It's the very 'cultural tourism' that he satirised in Reader Meet Author.

I agree with you. Certain opinions, specially coming from public figures, can help to bring the wrong ideas, sometimes without meaning to. Morrissey is not racist, but his promotion of For Britain might convince 'blind fans' to support such a bigoted party with square minded ideas. Being liberal is also about being open and welcoming to other people and cultures among other things.

I think removing his poster was over the top. There are real offensive posters out there that nobody care about and are not being removed. I might try from now on to complain about any poster that I find offensive. Specially the ones that have a bigoted taste or are disrespectful towards women.

Last edited:
It would depend if that 'opinion' falls within the legal definition of discrimination - protected charcateristics i.e.:

1. age
2. gender reassignment
3. being married or in a civil partnership
4. being pregnant or on maternity leave
5. disability
6. race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin
7. religion or belief
8. sex
9. sexual orientation

If not, it's not discrimination.

I draw attention to points 6 and 7 - characteristics which are consistently discriminated against by some relentless members (and non-members) of this forum.

LOL now suddenly IT DEPENDS!!!!:lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf:
when it self serving to the loon cucks its racism and dissemination is perfectly reasonable.:rofl:

Amazon is endorsing and supporting Hitlers views because they continue to
sell Mein Kampf. The potential of this endorsement can possibly ignite and incite racial hatred that is more than shitty. It's dangerous and ultimately stupid.

But strangely the same people who banned his record and the same single
individual that complained about a poster, have as yet (as far as I know)
rallied against or made a demand to Amazon to stop selling this book.

You do bounce about a bit don't you. I didn't mention either Amazon or Hitler. I appreciate that you are attempting to use both to bolster whatever argument it is that you have but I'm not at all clear what that argument is? Amazon is, as far as I know, is still selling Morrisey records. I think you'll find that Mein Kampf has received its share of banishment.

LOL now suddenly IT DEPENDS!!!!:lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf:
when it self serving to the loon cucks its racism and dissemination is perfectly reasonable.:rofl:

Again, try not to focus on your little icons and try to apply a little more focus on content. What on earth, if anything, does that mean? Why would you even type that? Utterly bored on a Sunday are you?

I agree with you. Certain opinions, specially coming from public figures, can help to bring the wrong ideas, sometimes without meaning to. Morrissey is not racist, but his promotion of For Britain might convince 'blind fans' to support such a bigoted party with square minded ideas. Being liberal is also about being open and welcoming to other people and cultures among other things.

I think removing his poster was over the top. There are real offensive posters out there that nobody care about and are not being removed. I might try from now on to complain about any poster that I find offensive. Specially the ones that have a bigoted taste or are disrespectful towards women.

Well played.

You do bounce about a bit don't you. I didn't mention either Amazon or Hitler. I appreciate that you are attempting to use both to bolster whatever argument it is that you have but I'm not at all clear what that argument is? Amazon is, as far as I know, is still selling Morrisey records. I think you'll find that Mein Kampf has received its share of banishment.

Wouldn’t it make sense for Spillers and folks who agree with their banning of a record, to really get it together, focus their energies and fight what is truly evil.

Amazon must be stopped from selling Mein Kampf ! it will empower and inspire hateful right wing white power movements for generations to come!

Banishment? Its available everywhere as is Das Kapital which is as crazy as crazy gets.:crazy:
You can also get them over at Amazon.o_O

Wouldn’t it make sense for Spillers and folks who agree with their banning of a record, to really get it together, focus their energies and fight what is truly evil.

Amazon must be stopped from selling Mein Kampf ! it will empower and inspire hateful right wing white power movements for generations to come!

That argument supports the notion that For Britain should be stopped in it's tracks too but there's Morrissey screaming his support for it. He has given a level of legitamcy to this group of hate-mongers that they have not previously enjoyed. His acolytes can support him and his views all they want. The vast majority of older Smiths/Morrissey fans want nothing more to do with him. I am one such ex-fan.

I'm afraid banning Mein Kampf would do little by way of the reducing the ideology contained within it. We live in a different, digital age and it's forums like these were the real bile is spewed and the hatred enacted.

Again, try not to focus on your little icons and try to apply a little more focus on content. What on earth, if anything, does that mean? Why would you even type that? Utterly bored on a Sunday are you?
:rolleyes:

:crazy:

it means that you loonie lefties only want free speech for your own blinkered twattery. the minute its not some commine/islamic cluckery you go wild with the sockpuppetry and the nazi influenced book burning and free speech banning.

here you are saluting your master Skinny:

Ill+be+honest+i+did+nazi+this+bird+comp+coming+_23a9fe1f5cd361fcc22743f44ab1546a.jpg

:censored:

Europe’s voters elect new parliament amid rising nationalism
https://apnews.com/2c137002ee4844b7ac4d2f33e626419f

BRUSSELS (AP) — From Germany and France to Cyprus and Estonia, voters from 21 nations went to the polls Sunday in the final day of a crucial European Parliament election that could see major gains by the nationalist, populist and far-right movements that are on the rise across much of the continent.

Tags
california son info fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom