This Night Has Opened My Eyes T.V perfomance

mr.m

killing threads since 09
From YES, hadn't seen it before and it hasn't had many views.. Thought I'd share it with you lot because I think it's wonderful:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely stuff. He looks great in those specs, I wish he'd worn them more!

1:45 to 2:05 is a cool shot.....Moz singing and Marr playing beautifully. Beautiful in its simplicity. I wish they'd reform!!!

.....28 years later......the arm and nape hairs STILL stand up.........PLEASE don't EVER reform...it would just KILL the MAGIC........

Last edited:
makes me wonder how many hidden jems are out there?

Janice Long, on BBC Radio 2, has often reminisced about this apppearance and described it at some length over the years. Y.E.S stood for the Youth Employment Show and it was broadcast from the North West of England. Janice was one of the presenters. It was a kind of magazine show about youth employment issues (this was at the height of Meryl Streep's decimation of British industries) but also featured cultural content - like introducing, as Janice remembered it, an up and coming band called The Smiths.

When this video was first uploaded by one of the kind people over at AllYouNeedIsMorrissey.com back in April last year I e-mailed her during her radio show alerting her that this had just popped up on YouTube, and sent her the link. I also asked if this was the first time she'd met the band. Cos she's lovely she e-mailed me back with the following ~

"Brilliant. Thanks for this. Yes, I am pretty certain it was the first time I met them. I will pass this on to Moz.
Take care,
Janice x"

She mentioned it during her show that night as well, and laughed that Morrissey looked like a baby!

Well I wonder what on earth Morrissey would make of this now?

Thanks for the insight Joe:thumb: The show described kind of reminded me of this

Janice Long, on BBC Radio 2, has often reminisced about this apppearance and described it at some length over the years. Y.E.S stood for the Youth Employment Show and it was broadcast from the North West of England. Janice was one of the presenters. It was a kind of magazine show about youth employment issues (this was at the height of Meryl Streep's decimation of British industries) but also featured cultural content - like introducing, as Janice remembered it, an up and coming band called The Smiths.

When this video was first uploaded by one of the kind people over at AllYouNeedIsMorrissey.com back in April last year I e-mailed her during her radio show alerting her that this had just popped up on YouTube, and sent her the link. I also asked if this was the first time she'd met the band. Cos she's lovely she e-mailed me back with the following ~

"Brilliant. Thanks for this. Yes, I am pretty certain it was the first time I met them. I will pass this on to Moz.
Take care,
Janice x"

She mentioned it during her show that night as well, and laughed that Morrissey looked like a baby!

i hope he didnt react like this?

mojo interview 2001
If you were to meet the Morrissey of 1983, what would that be like for you? Can you make peace with your former persona?
I'd have no wish to meet that person. I'd be down the fire escape before you could sound the alarm bells.

i did know the yes clip, but havent seen that show with moz answering the phone from callers(from the same uploader)

i did know the yes clip, but havent seen that show with moz answering the phone from callers(from the same uploader)

"Oh, obscene calls, the calls I really need. I'll have a very busy week, I think". :lbf: Brilliant!! I also found this "Heaven Knows..." clip, different from the one on The Complete Picture:

[youtube]fvwp&NR=1&v=BSzYgceiVIE[/youtube]

Hhahahahaa that's brilliant!
i hope he didnt react like this?

Back
Top Bottom