Morrissey Central "THIS IS NOT TRUE" (November 6, 2021)

"The larger portion of my life consists of shaggy-dog yarns by people I've never met in places I've never been on staircases that haven't yet been built. If ONLY half of them were true … my life would actually have been interesting. I'm forced to take a stand where John Cho is concerned. What he says here never happened, or perhaps it did … with a lookunlike whose life was so wretchedly drab that he pretended he was me. I don't slap down ANYBODY. It's usually me who takes the slap. I'm not saying I don't enjoy it."
Morrissey.

Excuse the quality, but the same story by Cho recounted on Kimmel, 2014:

The Central video above was first circulated circa 2012.
The Kimmel video is included as the archive article below has a dead link.

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Why so many years later? It's 10 years after he told this story.. Haha MORRISSEY is so funny!

I did get to Gene Vincent via Your Arsenal. God bless Morrissey.

Doesn't really sound like the kind of thing Moz would really say. His put-downs are usually funny and self depreciating and not as obvious/direct as "I bet they're terrible."

The entire story makes no sense. He was sitting in a Filipino gang bar all by himself? I have never seen or meet Morrissey when he was by himself. He usually always has someone around him. He needs to for his own protection! Morrissey if anything is self deprecating. That is his go to! Personally never seen him be mean to a single soul on this earth. The same goes for Johnny Marr.

Last edited:
I expect entirely fictional celebrity Morrissey stories are in the high hundreds, so why call out this one in particular?

I worked along side this frat boy on a show called Sleepy Hollow. He was barely an actor. We all saw him as a diversity hire. That’s all he’ll ever be.

Doesn't really sound like the kind of thing Moz would really say. His put-downs are usually funny and self depreciating and not as obvious/direct as "I bet they're terrible."

It’s more like what the Simpsons writers would have had Quilloughby say.

Yeah, that's what makes me think maybe it is a true story.
Really? true story? If that's the case you may be contacted by someone who has just won the Nigerian lottery and needs a loan before the check clears just to tide him over. Make sure you loan him some cash as you'll be paid back tenfold.

I used to frequent that same pool hall BTW. The cock and bull plaza was its name. Moz sat in the corner drinking tequila every other Tuesday during happy hour.

Really? true story? If that's the case you may be contacted by someone who has just won the Nigerian lottery and needs a loan before the check clears just to tide him over. Make sure you loan him some cash as you'll be paid back tenfold.

I used to frequent that same pool hall BTW. The cock and bull plaza was its name. Moz sat in the corner drinking tequila every other Tuesday during happy hour.
Thanks for your thoughtful response. It's certainly not outside of Morrissey's character to have said something like that... but honestly, it's of no importance either way.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom