"This Charming Man" played live by Johnny Marr - 9th Dec. London

Oh, I'd love to see a full version of this!

I reckon Air Morrissey told some foreigner newspaper last month that the Queen is Dead album was "a waste of time" Ye reckon get it? Have some dignity and self respect. Air Morrissey used the Smiths and specifically John Maher to establish his solo career and become one of Hollywood's elite. He hates Brittin mate inn n nn din't fek'ell will ya.

Last edited:
He’s getting a little full of himself.

Jesse OWNS this song anyways.

:guitar:

:cool:

Regards,
FWD.

Just great. Pacy and dazzling, with surprisingly good vocals. Interesting how Johnny is now feeling confident enough to put his guitar down. Looks like he is trying to prove a point.

I thought so because you couldn't possibly mean that he actually plays that song well!

You’re right Jesse doesn’t play it well. He plays it great, putting his own touch on it, making it shine again, making it his OWN.

Interesting how Johnny is now feeling confident enough to put his guitar down. Looks like he is trying to prove a point.

Yeah, he proved again... he’s no frontman vocalist. Passable, but NO MAGIC.

You’re right Jesse doesn’t play it well. He plays it great, putting his own touch on it, making it shine again, making it his OWN.

But Jesse didn’t make it his own...he just played the version by Death Cab For Cutie.

Are taking the piss Ketamine?

Where would I take it?

It amazes me, why in hell do people want to
hear a cover of a song sound the same as the original? especially in this case when the vocalist is the same. I find it sad that the other
Smith covers Morrissey has been doing don’t
sound different enough, that’s the tragedy.

MAKE IT NEW !

Isn’t that why we like the music we do in the first place?

Last edited:
But Jesse didn’t make it his own...he just played the version by Death Cab For Cutie.

I mean, making it his own in regards to what a Smith/Morrissey fan’s
expectancy of what a Smiths cover should and shouldn’t be.

Where would I take it?

It amazes me, why in hell do people want to
here a coverversion of a song sound the same as the original? especially in this case when the vocalist is the same. I find it sad that the other
Smith covers Morrissey has been doing don’t
sound different enough, that’s the tragedy.

MAKE IT NEW !

Isn’t that why we like the music we do in the first place?

Blimey, Ket, I've got to hand it to you, that's a fantastic re-working of reality. Next you'll be telling us there's no such thing as wrong notes, only 'different' ones.

Blimey, Ket, I've got to hand it to you, that's a fantastic re-working of reality. Next you'll be telling us there's no such thing as wrong notes, only 'different' ones.

There’s no such thing as wrong notes, only ‘different’ ones.

Happy ?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom