"The Sparks Brothers" documentary trailer

joe frady

Vile Refusenik

Spot the obvious omission...?

Pity. He would have looked good in B+W. But at least we get to hear what they mean to... Flea :straightface:

'Directed' by the eternal posh film geek that got lucky and hang out in LA with his heroes based on a thimble-full of actual cinematic talent...Edgar Wright ;)

God, that's an awful trailer.

I don't think Morrissey would have said anything toothless enough to make the cut.

The Cheeky Girls are edgier than that.

I don't think Morrissey would have said anything toothless enough to make the cut.

The Cheeky Girls are edgier than that.
I don't think he would even have agreed to be in it at this point, to be honest.

More yak ~

Sparks are in my top 10 bands of like eevverrrr....
They terrified the UK in the 1770s
And still do to this day ...

My middle daughter, last August bought me for my Birthday.....A steady,drip,drip,
And a new record player to go with it😁

Good god, please end the trend of animated sequences in documentaries. It's okay if you don't have enough b-roll. Just film a wall and play the audio over that.

Good god, please end the trend of animated sequences in documentaries. It's okay if you don't have enough b-roll. Just film a wall and play the audio over that.
There wasn't a lot of that in the actual documentary. Just to illustrate certain bits like when Russell hit himself on the head with his giant mallet and was bleeding on the stage and the audience thought it was part of the show - there was no actual footage of that.

There wasn't a lot of that in the actual documentary. Just to illustrate certain bits like when Russell hit himself on the head with his giant mallet and was bleeding on the stage and the audience thought it was part of the show - there was no actual footage of that.
Glad to hear that. But no Moz in the whole doc either?

Glad to hear that. But no Moz in the whole doc either?

Nope. They had on all kinds of people: Steve and Gillian from New Order, Alex Kapranos, Beck, Thurston Moore, Bernard Butler, Weird Al, some of Duran Duran, but no Moz. Too bad, it was really well done.

No Morrissey or Johnny Marr in Sparks' documentary on Sundance festival 2021

Edgar Wright has made a 3 hour documentary about Sparks, he interviewed around 80 people, fans like Steve Jones, Flea, Beck, Stephen Morris...
The documentary is only available in the US, does anyone know if Wright approached Morrissey or Johnny Marr ?

Nope. They had on all kinds of people: Steve and Gillian from New Order, Alex Kapranos, Beck, Thurston Moore, Bernard Butler, Weird Al, some of Duran Duran, but no Moz. Too bad, it was really well done.
No Martin Gore / Dave Gahan or Siouxsie either ?

No Morrissey in the Sparks documentary. Very Sad, burned all his bridges.

Back
Top Bottom