'The Smiths will NEVER get back together,' says rep, despite new rumors - HitFix

Posted by an anonymous person:

In case anyone hasn't seen this, apparently Morrissey's publicist shot down this rumour in a comment to HitFix (whatever that is):

'The Smiths will never get back together,' says rep, despite new rumors - HitFix
GLASTONBURY 2013 WILL GO ON WITHOUT THEM
By Melinda Newman MONDAY, OCT 1, 2012 6:31 PM

As rumors of a Smiths’ reunion light up the the internet again today, we reached out to former lead singer Morrissey’s publicist, who shut down the possibility of the British band reuniting at Glastonbury... or anywhere else.

“The Smiths will NEVER get back together,” Morrissey's rep replied to our email request for a response to the flurry of rumors running rampant. That mean, of course, that this round of speculation would seem to be like the 1,289 ones before it: totally false. The uppercase is from the publicist, not us. She sounds suspiciously like she's quoting Taylor Swift's current single, doesn't she?

Ever since the band broke up 25 years ago, these rumors crop up periodically with varying degrees of support and varying amounts of zeros after the dollar sign (The going rate was apparently $75 million six years ago for a 40-date Morrissey/Johnny Marr outing). Despite Morrissey saying he would “rather eat my own testicles” than reform the band, the rumors still come back again like a bad penny every so often.

This time, ground zero seems to be a U.K. entertainment website called Holy Moly, which is reporting that it is hearing from more than two sources that “The Smiths will reform in 2013...It’s a done deal...Dates are booked...Glastonbury is one of four dates.” As you will recall, there have also been rumors that Coachella offered to turn the whole event vegetarian if that would lure non-meat-eater Morrissey to reunite with his former bandmates. But there is apparently not enough tofurkey in the world to get this crew on stage together again.

As badly as The Smith fans want to see Morrissey reunite with Marr, Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce, it looks like, to paraphrase one of their album titles, “The Smiths Are Dead” ... and remain so.

UPDATE Oct. 2, 11:50 AM PT:

Link posted by MORRIZSEY:

The Smiths reunion denied by Johnny Marr's manager -NME.com
Guitarist is focused on new album and 2013 solo tour

Link also posted by MORRIZSEY:

Morrissey Rep: 'The Smiths Are Never Going to Reunite' - Rolling Stone
Group was rumored to be mulling a reunion for Coachella

Excerpt:

"The Smiths are never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever going to reunite – ever," Morrissey's publicist tells Rolling Stone, in reaction to the latest rumors claiming otherwise.

UPDATE Oct. 5, 6:45 AM PT:

Posted by Uncleskinny:

Mike Joyce has just been on Beatwolf Radio talking about the latest rumours...

http://tindeck.com/listen/pkff

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend of mind whose aunt is related to Joe Moss' cousin is 95% certain that all four Smiths are either going to confirm or deny within the next four days that a new Smiths reunion rumour is in the pipeline. I'm posting here first before going to the national press as I don't want be seen to jump the gun but remember, you heard it here first from Anonymous. OMG!! It's so exciting!

Re: Article: 'The Smiths will NEVER get back together,' says rep, despite new rumors

People are really enjoying what Morrissey is doing? Really? , I can show numerous threads and forums where people can't wait to see the back of the shower of shit he calls his musicians.

Just go onto johnny face book page and listen to the track he has composed called 'the trap'.......god we are missing out.

The law suit was as much moz and johnny fault as it was Andy and mikes.

Let's get the reunion on.

Re: Article: 'The Smiths will NEVER get back together,' says rep, despite new rumors

People are really enjoying what Morrissey is doing? Really? , I can show numerous threads and forums where people can't wait to see the back of the shower of shit he calls his musicians.

Just go onto johnny face book page and listen to the track he has composed called 'the trap'.......god we are missing out.

The law suit was as much moz and johnny fault as it was Andy and mikes.

Let's get the reunion on.

settle down, andy.......or mike. morrissey band is not shit.

A Smiths reunion ? " You were good in your time" & we Thank You !

Mike Joyce has just been on Beatwolf Radio talking about the latest rumours...

http://tindeck.com/listen/pkff

P.
I'm sick of hearing about Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke on this website. They are real nasty false people who made their money and had their day in the spotlight why do they need yet more money and fame. I wish they would just go away. Let Morrissey sing on his own he does it so well! God bless Morrissey. Stop promoting Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke on here and the nasty people connected with them like their managers and their stupid money making projects.

I'm sick of hearing about Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke on this website. They are real nasty false people who made their money and had their day in the spotlight why do they need yet more money and fame. I wish they would just go away. Let Morrissey sing on his own he does it so well! God bless Morrissey. Stop promoting Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke on here and the nasty people connected with them like their managers and their stupid money making projects.

Wierdo.

To be fair, Mike Joyce is a horrid, lying man.
Now as for Moz, its sad to see his reason for not joining even just Marr is because he can make money on his own.
There was a time when he wanted to make good music not just money.

To be fair, Mike Joyce is a horrid, lying man.
Now as for Moz, its sad to see his reason for not joining even just Marr is because he can make money on his own.
There was a time when he wanted to make good music not just money.
I think Morrissey does still make great music without Johnny Marr. But Johnny Marr is great too. I don't think it has ever been about fame or money for Morrissey.

On this website which is meant to be about Morrissey's solo career there is loads of promotion of Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke both have proven themselves to be really horrible people and are people who Morrissey doesn't like. It sounds like Joyce and Rourke are surrounded by nasty, fake and manipulative people. I remember reading on here about Andy Rourke's scary ex-manager Nova Rehman he sounds like a very hard, nasty, cruel man. I don't want to hear about these creeps on here.

They are NEVER ever getting back together. Like ever.

:lbf:

Noticed that a couple of bookies are still offering 8/1 that The Smiths will play on the Pyramid Stage at Glastonbury next year, very low odds considering what we all know. Either the bookies know something drastic that we don't or some poor souls are losing a lot of money betting on this outcome.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom