The Smiths to reunite for 2020 tour promoted by Live Nation?

A trusted source has sent the following:

Concert industry insiders, not authorized to speak publicly, say concert giant “Live Nation” has won the rights for the long-awaited Smiths reunion to happen next year. We know what you’re already singing to yourself (“stop me if you think that you’ve heard this one before”), but because dates and venues are already said to be in the “plotting stage,” this would indicate that a Morrissey-Marr reunion is closer than ever to becoming a reality. There’s no word yet on if all four original members will share the concert stage. Morrissey just completed his “California Son” tour. According to his website, Johnny Marr has no upcoming shows scheduled. Keep your fingers crossed and stay tuned.

Johnny Marr's Twitter response when asked regarding this story - Twitter (November 6, 2019), link via @ordinaryboy86:

Media coverage:
Related item:

Last edited:
I'm sick to death of this horseshit about him joining them for their animal rights views. He could have joined the Lib Dems or Greens. But he didn't. He chose the far right lot. Wonder what possible reason he could have had for that?

Skinny the animal rights aspect of FB is a definite reason for his support of FB.
There are undoubtedly others, but it's difficult to find the other reasons on the web as it's full of other 'horseshit' as you put it, so sorting the 'horse' from the 'shit' is not particularly easy.

Additionally I can't see anything which categorically states Moz has joined them, all I can see is 'endorsement' (most likely verbally & by wearing their badge on a few occasions); even on the FB website it does not state he's a member. I think Moz has only said he endorses certain aspect of their manifesto, & the one I know of is animal rights.

Endorsement is not the same as being a fully fledged member, nor the same as having voted for them, which your comrade, Trill has stated to be true. I don't think it is, but maybe someone can tell us when he actually put a cross in the FB box at an election.

I'm sick to death of this horseshit about him joining them for their animal rights views. He could have joined the Lib Dems or Greens. But he didn't. He chose the far right lot. Wonder what possible reason he could have had for that?

To annoy you?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom