The Smiths to reunite for 2020 tour promoted by Live Nation?

A trusted source has sent the following:

Concert industry insiders, not authorized to speak publicly, say concert giant “Live Nation” has won the rights for the long-awaited Smiths reunion to happen next year. We know what you’re already singing to yourself (“stop me if you think that you’ve heard this one before”), but because dates and venues are already said to be in the “plotting stage,” this would indicate that a Morrissey-Marr reunion is closer than ever to becoming a reality. There’s no word yet on if all four original members will share the concert stage. Morrissey just completed his “California Son” tour. According to his website, Johnny Marr has no upcoming shows scheduled. Keep your fingers crossed and stay tuned.

Johnny Marr's Twitter response when asked regarding this story - Twitter (November 6, 2019), link via @ordinaryboy86:

Media coverage:
Related item:

Last edited:
If you honestly think that your hero is spending his Saturday nights sitting alone in his candlelit manor with a bottle of wine and an old book, you've been duped. It's always the people like you who consider themselves immune to the manipulations of media and show business who are actually the most gullible. If Morrissey embodied that particular caricature, it was decades ago. He's going out and having gay sex in Los Angeles and generally enjoying life the way a wealthy old queen does. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Just not true. He's not Elton John. I can sense the kind of people who enjoy solitude and a good book because I am one of them.

Perhaps as well as being Jewish you are gay yourself?

Gays always like pretending that everyone else is as over-sexed as they are.

Just not true. He's not Elton John. I can sense the kind of people who enjoy solitude and a good book because I am one of them.

Perhaps as well as being Jewish you are gay yourself?

Gays always like pretending that everyone else is as over-sexed as they are.
'Just not true.' Oh no? This is something you can 'sense,' huh? Again, the hypocrisy is so telling. People like you who in one breath are fixated on the seemingly-irrefutable nature of facts and statistics suddenly extoll the legitimiacy of a 'sense' in the next. Spare us.

I live in Los Angeles and I'm more closely connected to Morrissey and his social life than you could ever dream of in your frightened, depressing, paranoid flat in London. Call me Jewish, call me gay, call me Black, whatever you need to project onto me to maintain the vilification of otherness. The fact of the matter is that the vision you have of your hero is precious, but false. It's called show business.

'Just not true.' Oh no? This is something you can 'sense,' huh? Again, the hypocrisy is so telling. People like you who in one breath are fixated on the seemingly-irrefutable nature of facts and statistics suddenly extoll the legitimiacy of a 'sense' in the next. Spare us.

I live in Los Angeles and I'm more closely connected to Morrissey and his social life than you could ever dream of in your frightened, depressing, paranoid flat in London. Call me Jewish, call me gay, call me Black, whatever you need to project onto me to maintain the vilification of otherness. The fact of the matter is that the vision you have of your hero is precious, but false. It's called show business.
You told me before that you lived in Canada. Make up your mind.

And it's usually gays who are 'frightened, depressed and paranoid' due to their mind-bendingly large drug intake (probably to dull the reality of their unhealthy habits).

Morrissey is not your standard show business rock star. We all know that. He doesn't hang out in drag nightclubs like Elton John.

He enjoys the solitude of thought and reflection and has always read widely. It shows.

He also shares my political opinions - which makes me very happy.

Uh, what? You're mistaken, I've never claimed to be from Canada.

Are you in that deep a state of denial to think that a) Morrissey isn't homosexual and b) he's not out enjoying the material luxuries that wealth and success afford? You honestly have no idea what you're talking about. The endless racist bullshit is one thing, but I truly can't believe there are people on this site who will themselves to believe that Morrissey isn't a gay man partaking in 'unhealthy habits' out here in LA.

You know, as much as he loves to troll, @AztecCamera's whimsical little posts are actually closer to the reality of Morrissey's life than some deluded shut-in like you would want to believe.

Uh, what? You're mistaken, I've never claimed to be from Canada.

Are you in that deep a state of denial to think that a) Morrissey isn't homosexual and b) he's not out enjoying the material luxuries that wealth and success afford? You honestly have no idea what you're talking about. The endless racist bullshit is one thing, but I truly can't believe there are people on this site who will themselves to believe that Morrissey isn't a gay man partaking in 'unhealthy habits' out here in LA.

You know, as much as he loves to troll, @AztecCamera's whimsical little posts are actually closer to the reality of Morrissey's life than some deluded shut-in like you would want to believe.
I believe Morrissey is not a sexually practising being. Many people are not.

But to gays - who are always over-sexed - the idea of not actually wanting to have physical sex with people is an alien concept too difficult to compute.

Of course he enjoys life's luxuries - he was not brought up with them and can now afford them. I have no problem with that. But he is definitely a bookish person and a thinker (and yes I am aware that this is his official character too but I feel this aspect is true to life).

Like a true liberal you only see in black and white.

I believe Morrissey is not a sexually practising being. Many people are not.

But to gays - who are always over-sexed - the idea of not actually wanting to have physical sex with people is an alien concept too difficult to compute.

Of course he enjoys life's luxuries - he was not brought up with them and can now afford them. I have no problem with that. But he is definitely a bookish person and a thinker (and yes I am aware that this is his official character too but I feel this aspect is true to life).

Like a true liberal you only see in black and white.
You can believe that all you want, but it doesn't make it true. Morrissey's celibate days are long, long, long behind him. He is a sexually-active homosexual man. To bury your head in the sand over this shows what a fragile little snowflake you really are.

"It wasn't easy, but it's over now." @ 5:20

You can believe that all you want, but it doesn't make it true. Morrissey's celibate days are long, long, long behind him. He is a sexually-active homosexual man. To bury your head in the sand over this shows what a fragile little snowflake you really are.

"It wasn't easy, but it's over now." @ 5:20

Morrissey is also a wind-up artist. Perhaps you don't get his arch humour?

You're really going to try to argue that Morrissey stating that he's no longer celibate is irony? Where in the context of him saying this does it suggest any sort of ironic intent? Have you read his autobiography? Do you know who Jake Walters is? None of these things qualify as 'arch humor."

You might pick and choose your reality, but for the rest of us there are a few objective truths. Morrissey being a healthy, sexually-active gay man is one of them. Sorry.

You're really going to try to argue that Morrissey stating that he's no longer celibate is irony? Where in the context of him saying this does it suggest any sort of ironic intent? Have you read his autobiography? Do you know who Jake Walters is? None of these things qualify as 'arch humor."

You might pick and choose your reality, but for the rest of us there are a few objective truths. Morrissey being a healthy, sexually-active gay man is one of them. Sorry.
Jake Waters was a friend who he said he 'loved'. Haven't we all had friends that we've loved?

If you take everything Moz says in interviews and in his autobiography as gospel truth, I feel sorry for you.

Just because you're a fudgepacker doesn't mean Morrissey is.

Jake Waters was a friend who he said he 'loved'. Haven't we all had friends that we've loved?

If you take everything Moz says in interviews and in his autobiography as gospel truth, I feel sorry for you.

Yeah but do you get naked with your friends, spread your legs and let them paint your arse? Because I sure as heck don't. LOL

Now that’s just precious. You’re right, Morrissey and Jake just slept in the same bed, took baths together and photographed each other’s bare asses as a friendly joke. Boys will be boys, after all.

I’m sure Moz will meet a nice girl any day now and settle down like the good heterosexual Christian that he is.

Last edited:
Now that’s just precious. You’re right, Morrissey and Jake just slept in the same bed, took baths together and photographed each other’s bare asses as a friendly joke. Boys will be boys, after all.

I’m sure Moz will meet a nice girl any day now and settled down like the good heterosexual Christian that he is.
He won't meet a girl because as I said earlier he is celibate and asexual.

Yes and I can say that Miles Davis was white, but it doesn’t make it true.

dont get all hysterical FFS. Unless you ve seen Moz snog a dude its all speculation.o_O
Not so with the little twat, :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: who wrote about snoggin dudes in his 'book':menholdinghands:
two dudes snogging away for 45 min.:menholdinghands:
Lord knows went on after that.:bowing: Soon thereafter DramaJ started wearing necklaces and acting girly.:headmassage:

If you honestly think that your hero is spending his Saturday nights sitting alone in his candlelit manor with a bottle of wine and an old book, you've been duped. It's always the people like you who consider themselves immune to the manipulations of media and show business who are actually the most gullible. If Morrissey embodied that particular caricature, it was decades ago. He's going out and having gay sex in Los Angeles and generally enjoying life the way a wealthy old queen does. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Maybe that's why he doesn't move on stage anymore. Haemorrhoids.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom