The Smiths most beautiful single art cover

I don't do facebook so can't vote, Marc. Hard to choose between them, but for what it is worth I've always had a soft spot for Pat Phoenix in Shakespeare's Sister.

btw - loved the poster exhibit in Manchester - I visited 3 times, including spending an evening with a group of mates, boring the pants off them by going on about them :)

Dave

Hi Dave!
What a Pitty you did not let me know, it would be great meeting you! Thank you very much, It's very kind of you. I'm proud of having held it in Manchester and be the first one to do it, it's sth I will take to the grave!

We'll meet some other time as I will Pop in manchester from time to time!

Pitty you do not have facebook, I let you know what were at 20:00 the results (160 votes, is running till end of september):

1 This Charming Man: 16% votes
2 & 3. Hand in Glove & Bigmouth Strikes Again: 8% votes
3. Sheila Takes a Bow: 7%
4 & 5 & 6. Ask (Y.Joyce), Heaven Knows & What Dif. (Moz cover): 6%

I think Shakespeare's Sister has 4% of votes, it's really nice. It was on the last to get to finish the collection.

Keep in touch mate!!!

Cheers,

Marc

Than

Results so far (200 participants) of Favourite Single ArtWork Cover Poll: (If you haven't voted yet do it at https://apps.facebook.com/my-polls/pcksx )
1 This Charming Man: 34 Votes
2 Hand In Glove: 21 Votes
3 Bigmouth Strikes Again: 14 Votes
3 Sheila Take A Bow: 14 Votes
3 What Differenece… ? (Moz Cover): 14 Votes
6 Ask: 11 Votes
7 Girlfriend In A Coma: 9 Votes
8 Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now: 9 Votes

The_Smiths_Poll_Graphic.jpg

I don't know why, but some of the female cover stars, Yootha Joyce on Ask and Pat Phoenix on Shakespeare's Sister, for example, remind me of Johnny Marr at the time... I think it's the hair! I know he choose the girls on the reverse of The World Won't Listen for their lookalike qualities so I've often wondered if it was intentional.

I don't know why, but some of the female cover stars, Yootha Joyce on Ask and Pat Phoenix on Shakespeare's Sister, for example, remind me of Johnny Marr at the time... I think it's the hair! I know he choose the girls on the reverse of The World Won't Listen for their lookalike qualities so I've often wondered if it was intentional.

Thanks Orson!!! I love the girls one! I did not know that was a choice from Johnny!!!!
:D

Tags
singles smiths art smiths cover smiths covers the smiths
Back
Top Bottom