The Smiths - December 12 1986 - Brixton Academy - Silas remaster version 2

OtherWisdom

A few years ago I was approached by a hardcore Smiths fan to remaster four Smiths shows. These have come to be known as Silas Remasters. They are as follows:

• The Smiths - 1983-02-04 - Hacienda - Manchester England
• The Smiths - 1984-05-04 - Rockpalast - Hamburg Germany
• The Smiths - 1986-10-23 - Kilburn National Ballroom - London England
• The Smiths - 1986-12-12 - Brixton Academy - London England

I was provided the closest to original sources as possible by the aforementioned fan. So, technically, these aren't remasters unless I had access to the original sources.

In the ensuing years I’ve learned a lot more about using Fairlight to improve audio recordings.

Thus, I’ve decided to revisit the shows listed above and create improved versions of each one.

The Smiths - December 12 1986 - Brixton Academy - London England - SRV2

As a reminder, all of these shows are encoded in Dolby Digital surround.

Please, recommend either Smiths or Morrissey shows that you'd like to see worked on in the future. Contact me here.

A few years ago I was approached by a hardcore Smiths fan to remaster four Smiths shows. These have come to be known as Silas Remasters. They are as follows:

• The Smiths - 1983-02-04 - Hacienda - Manchester England
• The Smiths - 1984-05-04 - Rockpalast - Hamburg Germany
• The Smiths - 1986-10-23 - Kilburn National Ballroom - London England
• The Smiths - 1986-12-12 - Brixton Academy - London England

I was provided the closest to original sources as possible by the aforementioned fan. So, technically, these aren't remasters unless I had access to the original sources.

In the ensuing years I’ve learned a lot more about using Fairlight to improve audio recordings.

Thus, I’ve decided to revisit the shows listed above and create improved versions of each one.

The Smiths - December 12 1986 - Brixton Academy - London England - SRV2

As a reminder, all of these shows are encoded in Dolby Digital surround.

Please, recommend either Smiths or Morrissey shows that you'd like to see worked on in the future. Contact me here.

I loved that Brixton show so much, especially when they played "This Night Has Opened My Eyes" the whole world seemed to slow down and they seemed like just a regular band on a stage again, without so much of the craziness that sometimes seemed to surround them. (Turns out I was wrong, of course, to feel that way...)

I loved that Brixton show so much, especially when they played "This Night Has Opened My Eyes" the whole world seemed to slow down and they seemed like just a regular band on a stage again, without so much of the craziness that sometimes seemed to surround them. (Turns out I was wrong, of course, to feel that way...)
My favourite Smiths gig ever.

It was actually a benefit gig against apartheid in South Africa.

But nothing is ever perfect.

Thanks so very much!

Thanks
Could you upload the other gigs?
The was a NY gig early 2000s he did break up the family. It was great.

Hammersmith last night 2015.

Back
Top Bottom