"The Queen Is Dead" 12" vinyl (2017, Warner Bros. UK) listed on Discogs - Help needed

hello there everyone
I need help with this release
I have a copy and a few copies to sell
These are proper, legitimate Warner releases
and still i find ZERO info on any website, forum, anywhere
I have practically checked everything and found no info whatsoever
which seems very strange indeed....
anyone knows about this? maybe someone also has a copy????
mail me or write here, ok?

https://www.discogs.com/The-Smiths-The-Queen-Is-Dead/release/9690729
[email protected]

39579_queen_is_dead_single_sleeve.jpg

Tracklist
A1 The Queen Is Dead 6:05
B1 Oscillate Wildly 3:26
B2 Money Changes Everything 4:10
B3 The Draize Train 5:08

39580_queen_is_dead_single_2.jpg

39581_queen_is_dead_single_3.jpg

39582_queen_is_dead_single_4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
bogus...at the Smiths time they were with Rough Trade...only Morrissey albums [first 3 studio plus Beethoven and Bona Drag] were EMI in Europe and Warner/sire/reprise in US the rest you can look on Stephane's exelent site www.passionsjustlikemine.com

well only for the ones who want to add their collection

Last edited:
bogus...at the Smiths time they were with Rough Trade.

This is a forthcoming, yet to be released 2017 record, as you can see by the dates on the copyright - not an old record from 1986, so it would make sense that it would be on Warners, as they own the Smiths copyright these days.

What with this, the forthcoming 'Boy with the Thorn' 7" and that mysterious listing for a Smiths reunion date in Florence later this year, there certainly appears to be mysterious rumblings of "something" Smiths-wise happening this year...

It seems Mr. L. is very busy lately.

As I said, Mr. L can go to hell.
Filling his pockets and misleading fans and having a laugh.
The question that really interests me and I assume you as well, is there any chance of Moz being busy getting his new album released or was he just joking when he said it was written?
Cheers countthree.

...and that mysterious listing for a Smiths reunion date in Florence later this year...

This has long been exposed as fake because the italian singer Tiziano Ferro plays a concert on the same day at the same venue and you officially get tickets for it.

WEA/Sire - now known as WMG gained the entire back catalogue in 1992.
Regards,
FWD.

Is this to be released in July as a 30 Year anniversary of the "death" of The Smiths?

Oh, has the world changed or have they changed?

They were probably manufactured there

I'm the seller, it was NOT manufactured in Hungary
Unfortunately Hungary has no vinyl pressing plant at all....
So you can start making jokes about something else

This is a perfectly legal proper Warner UK release....no idea why it came to Hungary
but yes i have a few copies and will sell them for a proper money on Discogs....
I do not think it is against any laws....right?

Maybe this comes out later on and then it will not be hugely rare or expensive
but then again this whole thing may disappear and then it shall be one of the
holy grails of Smiths stuff, don't you think people??

I'm the seller, it was NOT manufactured in Hungary
Unfortunately Hungary has no vinyl pressing plant at all....
So you can start making jokes about something else

This is a perfectly legal proper Warner UK release....no idea why it came to Hungary
but yes i have a few copies and will sell them for a proper money on Discogs....
I do not think it is against any laws....right?

Maybe this comes out later on and then it will not be hugely rare or expensive
but then again this whole thing may disappear and then it shall be one of the
holy grails of Smiths stuff, don't you think people??
No issue with it being sold by yourself. The issue is many fold in light of recent fakes, rumours, records not happening etc... The picture disc and other release I linked to are also in Hungary - which just adds to the oddity. Why only there can you find the items linked to?
I wouldn't personalise speculative discussion here as there will be lots of it. As for legalities - that would depend on how you came about something that doesn't yet appear to be for sale and given the lack of Hungarian pressing plants and Hungary not being synonymous with early record releases of UK records - well, it just adds to its mystique.
The good will out.
Regards,
FWD.

This is completely fake !!
Since when Warner Chappell Artemis Music Ltd and Universal Music have merged?
They are 2 different record companies. And Universal never got the Smiths back catalogue.

It's Universal Music PUBLISHING, it concerns the publishing rights of one of the artists.

Difficult to imagine M sanctioning the use of Joyce's name on the sleeve

If it was a Warners release, why wouldn't they have their logo somewhere on the sleeve?

***UPDATE****

the intro is chipped off in TQID. This is why it's shorter than the album version.

"I urged Warner UK to issue a special 'The Queen Is Dead' single release for the first week of June ... but ... brick wall." Morrissey on True To You, May 13, 2016

Looks like he's finally broken through the wall, but why clip the intro. I guess it makes sense in the context of using the song as a single, something of a "radio edit," but it's 2017. Surely Warner can't be expecting radio DJs to dust off their turntables and spin this "new" release to the top of the charts.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom