The Press & Journal: "Flowers and frenzy: Mayhem at Morrissey’s first solo gig in Aberdeen 30 years ago" (May 21, 2021)

shutterstock_editorial_3491455a.jpg

(Image not from Aberdeen)

“Morrissey – Morrissey – Morrissey” the baying crowd chanted before surging forward, a tangle of limbs, ripping up the first few rows of seats at the Capitol in Aberdeen.

The raucous audience, desperate to get close to their nonchalant Teddy Boy idol, had travelled from all over the country to Aberdeen.

Morrissey, who turns 62 this weekend, has played countless gigs during his long career, but it was his first solo turn in Aberdeen that drew comparisons with Beatlemania.

good read,aberdeen is a cold place,just incase anybody is ever thinking of going.

Aberdeen in the history of rock music, is also known for being the city where the original formation of Siouxsie And the Banshees imploded in pieces a few hours before having a concert in 1979 at the Capitol theatre.

This is fake news. The media really has a great job to do when it comes to restoring trust. All Morrissey fans know that his first solo gig was in 1988 (Wolverhampton). So this is a scandal, I think.

Having seen Morrissey in Aberdeen, though not this show, I can confirm it’s Baltic
Whenever I see the name Felton, I immediately think of Judge Weaks Comments - devious, truculent & unreliable. I’ll add in sly and nauseating. It’s a miracle he could even type anything, he’s so far crammed up his own backside.

View attachment 72412
(Image not from Aberdeen)

“Morrissey – Morrissey – Morrissey” the baying crowd chanted before surging forward, a tangle of limbs, ripping up the first few rows of seats at the Capitol in Aberdeen.

The raucous audience, desperate to get close to their nonchalant Teddy Boy idol, had travelled from all over the country to Aberdeen.

Morrissey, who turns 62 this weekend, has played countless gigs during his long career, but it was his first solo turn in Aberdeen that drew comparisons with Beatlemania.

Whose the retard in the raincoat, standing with its stupid face against a wall ? Boris after her 2 co-yiddler lethal injection. Run off snowflakes and take 2 lethal injections daily...bye now.😀

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom