The Official Weather Report Thread

Snow and freezing temps. I actually really love this weather :D

REALLY HEAVY SNOW. It actually looks like day light outside as the street lights are just bouncing off perfect white snow and it is bright!

Love PTxx.

all of you in the Uk who are lucky enough to get snow, yes thats right LUCKY,
stop bloomin whingeing, we never get snow this far west, we just get all the cold drizzly shit bits...

i'd swap ya, any day. :)

all of you in the Uk who are lucky enough to get snow, yes thats right LUCKY,
stop bloomin whingeing, we never get snow this far west, we just get all the cold drizzly shit bits...

i'd swap ya, any day. :)

Moston has about half an inch....... no doubt the buses will be late tomorrow, the city will be at a stand still and all chaotic......

Jukebox Jury

Just walked for three miles through about six inches of snow. By the time I got to work I looked like a snowman. (It was quite funny, though.)

Getting home will be fun...

its freakin cold here again! :mad: when will this cold crap end? :straightface:
im getting real sick of it :( i bet if i was in l.a. it would not be cold like this :o

It's called winter.

I just remembered a Twilight Zone episode from long ago, where the earth was heating up because somehow the earth was moving closer to the sun, but in the show, that thought was a dream the person was having because they were sick and in reality the earth was getting colder because it was moving away from the sun.

well, its crap again today, wet and in the 40s but i am surprisingly not sicker today :thumb:
could it be all that absinthe i drank yesterday is protecting me from the cold? :eek:

its f***ing awesome in NJ today!!! its 66 and sunny!!! :guitar:

but this wont last, it'll be freezing again in a few days. this was just a tease. :(

I woke to snow on the ground this morning, but it was already starting to melt.
A kind of slush is falling from the sky currently...not rain and not fully snow either.

Clear and sunny today.
Friday there was 3 inches of snow. Saturday 4 inches of snow.
The snow turned to rain mid Saturday and it rained almost constantly until last night.
I checked the rain gauge when I got home yesterday and it had overflowed. It holds 6 inches. After dumping it and returning an hour and a half later it had almost one inch in it.
Rain is supposed to return tomorrow or Friday.

Issued by The National Weather Service
Sacramento, CA
7:01 pm PST, Thu., Feb. 26, 2009
... A SERIES OF STORMS WITH THE POTENTIAL FOR HEAVY PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED OVER INTERIOR NORTHERN CALIFORNIA LATER THIS WEEKEND AND INTO NEXT WEEK...
THE FIRST IN A SERIES OF PACIFIC STORMS IS EXPECTED TO BRING RAIN AND MOUNTAIN SNOW TO THE INTERIOR OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA LATE SATURDAY THROUGH SUNDAY NIGHT... WITH PRECIPITATION LINGERING OVER THE SIERRA NEVADA INTO MONDAY. IT APPEARS THIS FIRST STORM WILL BE WET AND RELATIVELY MILD AS IT WILL TAP INTO SUBTROPICAL MOISTURE. SNOW LEVELS WITH THIS FIRST STORM WILL INITIALLY BE RATHER HIGH... GENERALLY ABOVE 6000 TO 7000 FEET... THEN LOWERING TO 5000 TO 6000 FEET BY MONDAY. ONE TO TWO INCHES OF RAIN IS EXPECTED IN THE INTERIOR VALLEY THROUGH MONDAY... WITH 2 TO 4 INCHES POSSIBLE OVER THE SIERRA NEVADA... AND PORTIONS OF THE MOUNTAINS OF SHASTA COUNTY. THE HEAVIEST RAIN AND SNOW IS EXPECTED TO OCCUR SUNDAY NIGHT INTO EARLY MONDAY. TWO TO FOUR FEET OF SNOW IS POSSIBLE OVER THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS OF THE SIERRA NEVADA FROM THIS FIRST STORM.
WHILE MOIST SOUTHWEST FLOW WILL CONTINUE LIGHT TO OCCASIONALLY MODERATE RAIN AND SNOW MAINLY OVER THE SIERRA NEVADA ON MONDAY... RAIN AND SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DECREASE IN INTENSITY OVER THE REST OF INTERIOR NORTHERN CALIFORNIA.
HOWEVER... ANOTHER STORM IS FORECAST TO BRING ANOTHER ROUND OF HEAVY RAIN AND SNOW TO INTERIOR NORTHERN CALIFORNIA TUESDAY AND TUESDAY NIGHT. THIS WILL BE A COLDER STORM WITH SNOW LEVELS LOWERING TO AROUND 4000 TO 5000 FEET OVER THE SIERRA NEVADA... AND TO AROUND 3000 TO 3500 FEET OVER THE NORTHERN MOUNTAINS. THIS SYSTEM WILL NOT BE QUITE AS WET AS THE FIRST... BUT THE COLDER AIR AND LOWER SNOW LEVELS WILL LIKELY MEAN AT LEAST ANOTHER FOOT OR TWO OF ADDITIONAL SNOW FOR THE SIERRA NEVADA.
A BRIEF BREAK IN THE RAIN AND SNOW IS FORECAST FOR WEDNESDAY... WITH A THIRD STORM FORECAST TO BRING MORE RAIN AND SNOW TO THE REGION ON THURSDAY.
THE PUBLIC IS ADVISED TO MONITOR WEATHER INFORMATION ON THIS SERIES OF STORMS. HEAVY SNOW AND STRONG WINDS OVER THE MOUNTAINS WILL RESULT IN DANGEROUS DRIVING CONDITIONS... AND POSSIBLE ROAD CLOSURES. WITH WET CONDITIONS FROM PREVIOUS STORMS... URBAN AND SMALL STREAM FLOODING WILL BE POSSIBLE IN THE VALLEY... AND MUD OR DEBRIS FLOWS NEAR BURN AREAS IN THE FOOTHILLS.

Tags
partly cloudy
Back
Top Bottom