The OFFICIAL Manchester City F.C Thread

Come on you spurs! :thumb:

What's it got to do with you?

Oh... I see you're in Cork. Let me guess, out-of-towner, glory seeking, cup chasing, not from Manchester but call Man United 'us' when talking to your stupid mates about football?

Go on, tell me..you are are United 'fan' aren't you...?

Oh well another season of relative abject failure for Man City. Still as Rod Stewart once sang, "you wear it well."

One of the first games of football I remember was the 1981 Cup Final (and replay; Ricky Villa's goal!) between Tottenham and Man City. I was entranced by that. The game tonight was pretty dire and epitomised all thats wrong with the Premier League.

One would have expected a high-scoring affair with the amount of attacking talent/transfer fees on the pitch but the best player on the pitch was a crock. (Ledley King) And Crouch's goal was proper shit. All for the joy of finishing 4th in the league and qualifying for the preliminary rounds of what was the European Cup. (just remember what happened to Everton a few years back.)

And Andy Gray proclaiming these types of games rarely fail to deliver after 3 minutes. Deliver what exactly? Boredom.

Now that Man City have a reasonably good side we can at least talk about them.

They weren't quite good enough this year.
All them drawn games made the difference.
They will be a force next season.

Where is JJ when we need him most ?

TO LAUGH our arses off at his poor poor team.

"Totttenham,Tottenham,no one can stop them"
(apart from Barca,Inter,etc etc...)

They played Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now I heard on the telly REALLY loudly at the end of the game to the backdrop of Citeh fans just sitting there. Sadly, none of them were crying. Even more sadly, I wanted Tottenham to win, and as a Chelsea fan that really hurt.

They played Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now I heard on the telly REALLY loudly at the end of the game to the backdrop of Citeh fans just sitting there. Sadly, none of them were crying. Even more sadly, I wanted Tottenham to win, and as a Chelsea fan that really hurt.

Yeah yeah yeah....only come here to gloat.

Yeah yeah yeah....only come here to gloat.

Gloat over what? It's only a stay of execution. You'll rule the world within two years. Sit tight. Oh, and by the way, where were you when you were shit? :lbf:

At the matches....when was the last match you attended? :p

Blackburn at home about three years ago. We won 3-0. I meant it more of a general comment about our historical fan base. Obviously most in the know fans will know that our fan base, especially our away following has been amongst the best in the country. Well, according to Pat Nevin, who says we're comparable to Celtic, Mickey Thomas (Man U) says his time here was his most enjoyable moment of his career ( AND we were in the second division), and then there's Joey Jones - the Liverpool defender and fan who still appears on Chelsea TV saying we were the best fans he's ever played for. Granted this was in the 80's, but at least its HISTORY, eh!

Blackburn at home about three years ago. We won 3-0. I meant it more of a general comment about our historical fan base. Obviously most in the know fans will know that our fan base, especially our away following has been amongst the best in the country. Well, according to Pat Nevin, who says we're comparable to Celtic, Mickey Thomas (Man U) says his time here was his most enjoyable moment of his career ( AND we were in the second division), and then there's Joey Jones - the Liverpool defender and fan who still appears on Chelsea TV saying we were the best fans he's ever played for. Granted this was in the 80's, but at least its HISTORY, eh!

This old chestnut? I think you had this debate with Jukebox Jury and he blew you out the water. I don't think City have ever had a problem with their fan base....

This old chestnut? I think you had this debate with Jukebox Jury and he blew you out the water. I don't think City have ever had a problem with their fan base....

No, you've been ok, but I was just trying to defend our HISTORY. We DID take 20,000 to Highbury THAT day, oh and by the way we took 9,000 to your place on a friday night in 1984 that city fans in the know still talk about. Dixon and Nevin scored that night. Not having a go at old City at all. Just defending us. Are you ready to be the most hated team in the world with all your money? I tell you what! its f***ing brilliant! enjoy it!

No, you've been ok, but I was just trying to defend our HISTORY. We DID take 20,000 to Highbury THAT day, oh and by the way we took 9,000 to your place on a friday night in 1984 that city fans in the know still talk about. Dixon and Nevin scored that night. Not having a go at old City at all. Just defending us. Are you ready to be the most hated team in the world with all your money? I tell you what! its f***ing brilliant! enjoy it!

Yes you did take 9,000 to City (thought it was 10,000 myself...I was there...) but give the Highbury nonsence a miss........ it never happened, like the fishermans biggest catch ever. Know what I mean?

Tags
4-1 blue mooooon hammers! hardiker2-1city jj=armchair fan kyle doesnt go m/beam=armchair martinis are rad! munichmongs one back heel owen!!!!
Back
Top Bottom