The official "I want Gary Day back" thread

Oso Blanco

The Truth Is Out There
The Glastonbury gig was great, but it made me realise once again how much I miss Gary Day on bass guitar ... anyone else feel the same way?

Last edited:
I would rather have Alain back in the fold.

I would rather have Alain back in the fold.

Listening to the new songs, the vocal melodies are really good but they aren't being complemented by an equally melodic guitar backing so I'd forsake Mr Day, although he does bring a certain something.

The Glastonbury gig was great, but it made me realise once again how much I miss Gary Day on bass guitar ... anyone else feel the same way?

Gary was a decent bass player but can't say I really miss him though.

What turns you off of Solomon?

Listening to the new songs, the vocal melodies are really good but they aren't being complemented by an equally melodic guitar backing so I'd forsake Mr Day, although he does bring a certain something.

Boz said in the last Rogan book that Morrissey wants the demos to be less melodic.

I want the clash circa 1979 but that's not gonna happen either.

What turns you off of Solomon?

There is nothing that turns me off of Solomon, but his style comes across as ... hmmm ... a little boring. You just don't notice that there is a bass at all! Gary's bass was more to the point, he added a certain presence ... what Alain used to be on guitar, Gary used to be on bass. A shame that they are not in the band anymore.

There is nothing that turns me off of Solomon, but his style comes across as ... hmmm ... a little boring. You just don't notice that there is a bass at all! Gary's bass was more to the point, he added a certain presence ... what Alain used to be on guitar, Gary used to be on bass. A shame that they are not in the band anymore.

I agree with you, but unfortunately Gary is gone for good. The same can be said for Alain -- at least on stage and in the recording studio. Like it or not, Jesse and Solomon have their jobs within the band secured, unless they chose to leave of course.

If I remember correctly, Gary had to leave the band due to family commitments at the end of the Ringleader tour. I often wonder if Alain's departure influenced his decision to leave permanently. From what I gathered, the two are good friends and it may have not been as fun without Alain there too.

Last edited:
Gary is a very slow beer sipper.

Back
Top Bottom